The Godzilla: King of the Monsters Box Office Thread - Predictions, Tracking, etc

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Gigantis
Sazer

Re: The Godzilla: King of the Monsters Box Office Thread - Predictions, Tracking, etc

Post by Gigantis »

So, haven't been on this thread for a while, the film doing any better?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Re: The Godzilla: King of the Monsters Box Office Thread - Predictions, Tracking, etc

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

tyrantgoji wrote:So, haven't been on this thread for a while, the film doing any better?
Been confirmed China is keeping the film in theaters for another month with people estimating by then making 140-150 million.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

At this point the only question is can it get to $400 million. I hope so. $170 budget vs $400 box office looks a little better
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Ryguy wrote:
Gothicserpent wrote:
Ryguy wrote:Ahh, if I ever allotted all of my very limited free energy and time into crunching box office numbers for a movie that's going to flop anyway, I'd probably have depressive sweats every night before bed.
Have you ever tried not being a jerk.
Not being a jerk in the slightest.

I'm just saying that's not how I personally would expend the little energy I have left at the end of the day. That's all. Like how I feel about John Campea: I don't know how I'd function if my occupation was to talk about movies and kiss Disney's ass. Campea likes doing that, and that's fine, but that's not how I ever want to live my life.

Same with y'all: you guys seem excited for Godzilla vs Kong and that's great. Unfortunately I have serious doubts and pretty much don't care any more. You do you and I do me.
Once again Campea doesn't kiss Disney' ass and how in the world can you enjoy G14, Skull Island and KOTM and then go gloom and doom for Godzilla vs Kong without a trailer.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

Ryguy wrote:
Gothicserpent wrote:
Ryguy wrote:Ahh, if I ever allotted all of my very limited free energy and time into crunching box office numbers for a movie that's going to flop anyway, I'd probably have depressive sweats every night before bed.
Have you ever tried not being a jerk.

I'm just saying that's not how I personally would expend the little energy I have left at the end of the day. That's all. Like how I feel about John Campea: I don't know how I'd function if my occupation was to talk about movies and kiss Disney's ass. Campea likes doing that, and that's fine, but that's not how I ever want to live my life.

Same with y'all: you guys seem excited for Godzilla vs Kong and that's great. Unfortunately I have serious doubts and pretty much don't care any more. You do you and I do me.
Go back to your hibernation and jerking off to Brie (I don’t blame you on the latter :lol: )
Long Live The King

MikeSTZillak
JXSDF Technician

Post by MikeSTZillak »

Hokmuto wrote:
Ryguy wrote:
Gothicserpent wrote: Have you ever tried not being a jerk.

Go back to your hibernation and jerking off to Brie (I don’t blame you on the latter :lol: )
I mean, look at that bod! (say what you will about her, but she has great abs)
Last edited by MikeSTZillak on Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:25 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Resized Image
#IStandwithVic
#Pro-Life

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Brie is moderately attractive. I wouldn't say no
SpaceG92 wrote:

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Godzilla21 wrote:Brie is moderately attractive. I wouldn't say no
That's not the point we're trying to make here you horny bastard.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

goji89 wrote:you horny bastard.
Guilty :twisted:
Last edited by Godzilla21 on Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SpaceG92 wrote:

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Godzilla21 wrote:
goji89 wrote:you horny bastard.
Guilty :twisted:
Gotcha ya bastard....

*ring, ring.....Yes, is this Mrs.Godzilla21, I got info on your husband here*

Thunderbird
Monsterland Worker

Post by Thunderbird »

goji89 wrote: If you guy's put just 1/4th of effort into getting girls you guy's would be LEGENDARY!!! I mean I applaud your guy's commitment and love for this boring shiit....you damn NERDS!!!
Smh. :D

Have you ever been successful with women? I have, and I can tell you that after a while it becomes boring.

Godzilla movies, the reactions they get from fans, critics, and general audiences along with the box office results are truly unpredictable and interesting in comparison.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Thunderbird wrote:
Smh. :D

Have you ever been successful with women? I have, and I can tell you that after a while it becomes boring.

Godzilla movies, the reactions they get from fans, critics, and general audiences along with the box office results are truly unpredictable and interesting in comparison.
Wait let me ask my wife who's getting our two boys ready for bed.

Shiit, your right.....I haven't been successful. Yeah this family life is boring you got me there........ :lol:

Thunderbird
Monsterland Worker

Post by Thunderbird »

goji89 wrote: Shiit, your right.....I haven't been successful.
Your words, not mine. How could I be right about something if I didn't say it in the first place?
goji89 wrote:Yeah this family life is boring you got me there.....
You mentioned "getting girls". If you're doing that outside of your family life, maybe you really are bored.

Personally, I found womanizing to be an overhyped, unhealthy activity. Family life is awesome in comparison. If its going great, enjoy it to the fullest.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Thunderbird wrote:
goji89 wrote: Shiit, your right.....I haven't been successful.
Your words, not mine. How could I be right about something if I didn't say it in the first place?
goji89 wrote:Yeah this family life is boring you got me there.....
You mentioned "getting girls". If you're doing that outside of your family life, maybe you really are bored.

Personally, I found womanizing to be an overhyped, unhealthy activity. Family life is awesome in comparison. If its going great, enjoy it to the fullest.
Must be loosing my touch....... my damn sarcasm button isn't working....... :lol:

Thunderbird
Monsterland Worker

Post by Thunderbird »

goji89 wrote: Must be loosing my touch....... my damn sarcasm button isn't working....... :lol:
It was loud and clear.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Okay.

So when will we truly get in the final numbers? After China closes shop with GKOTM?

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

goji89 wrote:Okay.

So when will we truly get in the final numbers? After China closes shop with GKOTM?
Just about, so probably August I think. By mid August it should be out of theaters just about everywhere.

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

It looks like Godzilla: KOTM will break even/make a profit after all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ew7_jiC ... cqv7dHx2n4

Still, the fact that this movie underperformed everywhere else when it was supposed to be THE movie that finally the Godzilla franchise mainstream is still a blow. This feels like compensation to a fair degree to me.

Dynomy-DX
Interpol Agent

Post by Dynomy-DX »

Rhedosaurus wrote:It looks like Godzilla: KOTM will break even/make a profit after all.

Still, the fact that this movie underperformed everywhere else when it was supposed to be THE movie that finally the Godzilla franchise mainstream is still a blow. This feels like compensation to a fair degree to me.
As great as a mainstream Godzilla franchise would be, I’d say the movie still brought in new fans. Not on the scope we wanted, but hey. If it can break even, I’d say it’s enough of a success to call a small victory overall.
Reignited... and hopefully less weird this time around.

I'm a guy with simple interests. Mostly revolving around monsters blowing up entire cities.

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

Dynomy-DX wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:It looks like Godzilla: KOTM will break even/make a profit after all.

As great as a mainstream Godzilla franchise would be, I’d say the movie still brought in new fans. Not on the scope we wanted, but hey. If it can break even, I’d say it’s enough of a success to call a small victory overall.

I don't disagree. But it's just that I had high hopes for the Godzillaverse and I didn't want GvK to end it. Now it looks like the chances of that are at least 80%.