GODZILLA VS. KONG (2020) General Discussion Thread (No Leaks, Unofficial Photos/Vids, etc.)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
_JNavs_
Keizer

Re: GODZILLA VS. KONG (2020) General Discussion Thread (No Leaks, Unofficial Photos/Vids, etc.)

Post by _JNavs_ »

I'd love to see a Kaiju fight in the Suburbs for once.

Can't get much more "close to home" than that. Neighbors, kids, everyone knows each other yet entire districts are getting wiped out due to the ferocious fights going on.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Re: GODZILLA VS. KONG (2020) General Discussion Thread (No Leaks, Unofficial Photos/Vids, etc.)

Post by Vakanai »

Gawdziller1954 wrote:
Vakanai wrote:
G2000 wrote:
That’s the thing though; while the the scenes in question were filmed in Hawaii, they were set in Pensacola, Florida (as evidenced by set photos showing police cars marked as “Pensacola Police” and weather vans marked “Pensacola Storm Watch”, among other things.)

There was some filming in Florida, though, but evidently even that was set in Florida (though oddly while they filmed in a Miami high school they changed the setting to “Tallahassee Magnet High” - is this supposed to be Maddie’s new school?)
Pensacola? Holy crap, my old hometown! I wonder if they included the water tower that looks like a beach ball. I'll be peeved if it doesn't look like Pensacola.

I love Pensacola, but kind of an odd spot for kaiju. Despite being a modern city, it's still kind of a small city - as in not a bunch of skyscrapers and crap. Sure, some of the hotels on the beach get pretty tall, and there's the airport and big civic center, but still compared to Godzilla everything there would be dwarfed. Just saying knowing the city firsthand, if I see skyscrapers left and right I'll be like, "Pffft!"
Even odder that they'd film in Hawaii for Florida. The fauna, flora,a nd the geographical shape of the 2 differ greatly.
True, only real commonalities are white sandy beaches and palm trees, but maybe that's enough with proper sets to mimic at least the beach part of Pensacola. Maybe. Ultimately I'll have to see the movie to see how well they captured the city despite not filming in the city. Which is weird considering they apparently filmed elsewhere in Florida. I mean I'm sure Pensacola would have loved to have worked to get a movie made there.

Added in 4 minutes 12 seconds:
_JNavs_ wrote:I'd love to see a Kaiju fight in the Suburbs for once.

Can't get much more "close to home" than that. Neighbors, kids, everyone knows each other yet entire districts are getting wiped out due to the ferocious fights going on.
Nah, everything's too small, just a bunch of one and two story homes. I'm afraid to do it justice you'd wind up like KOTM where the camera keeps cutting from the monsters to show what the humans are doing at the monsters' feet, and I just want to see the monsters fight in a big monster fight.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

_JNavs_ wrote:I'd love to see a Kaiju fight in the Suburbs for once.

I started trying to remember all the times we've seen kaiju in suburbs. I remember that big tracking shot where Shin Godzilla stomped through the suburbs. Didn't much of the final fight between Gamera and the Legion Queen occur in a pretty suburb area? Or at least pretty flat. These are the only two that immediately come to mind and I'm not going through every kaiju movie in my head.
Yeah on the one hand it is close to home other hand from the monster POV it is kinda flat and not so interesting as sky scrapers or jungle/forest/mountains.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Vakanai wrote: Nah, everything's too small, just a bunch of one and two story homes. I'm afraid to do it justice you'd wind up like KOTM where the camera keeps cutting from the monsters to show what the humans are doing at the monsters' feet, and I just want to see the monsters fight in a big monster fight.
Yeah it wouldn't be too appealing if it were filmed with the classic side angle fights, probably would make for some epically proportioned Godzilla arrivals though.

But yeah most of it would likely be shot in that Shin Godzilla angle of them in the distance which, while cool, isn't the most interesting.

Added in 2 minutes 24 seconds:
daveblackeye15 wrote: I started trying to remember all the times we've seen kaiju in suburbs. I remember that big tracking shot where Shin Godzilla stomped through the suburbs. Didn't much of the final fight between Gamera and the Legion Queen occur in a pretty suburb area? Or at least pretty flat. These are the only two that immediately come to mind and I'm not going through every kaiju movie in my head.
Yeah on the one hand it is close to home other hand from the monster POV it is kinda flat and not so interesting as sky scrapers or jungle/forest/mountains.
Yeah that tracking shot of Shin is the only one that I can recall of, off the top of my head. I don't remember if Legion and Gamera fought in a suburb, I remember the airport fight and the city fight though.

It is kinda flat and not interesting, but it'd be cool if say, they fought on Long Island and fought their way to New York City. That'd be as close to home as it gets for me lol.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Ryguy
EDF Instructor

Post by Ryguy »

I want the trailers for this movie to use Mo Bamba in some way similar to how Uprising used "War Ready" so that you guys will get pissed off at the marketing trying to cater too much towards Millie's target demographic.

I'd laugh so hard if and when that happens. Guarantee the trailers will still be better than the ideas most of you have for this movie
"And now you will walk to him, and you will battle him to the death. Green and Brown. Fight night. The greatest gladiator match in the history of the world: reptile versus primate; day versus night; King of Monsters versus Kong of Skull Island!"

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Ryguy wrote:I want the trailers for this movie to use Mo Bamba in some way similar to how Uprising used "War Ready" so that you guys will get pissed off at the marketing trying to cater too much towards Millie's target demographic.

I'd laugh so hard if and when that happens. Guarantee the trailers will still be better than the ideas most of you have for this movie
Stop baiting people. I see it again, it's a warning.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Ryguy wrote:I want the trailers for this movie to use Mo Bamba in some way similar to how Uprising used "War Ready" so that you guys will get pissed off at the marketing trying to cater too much towards Millie's target demographic.

Who hurt you in your life that everything you say makes us feel bad for you?

Do you need a hug?

Well bring it in brother, no need to be hostile, just ask.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

Sicko mode for kaiju trailer when?
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Old Town Road

Lil Nas

That shiit would be epiiiiiic

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

goji89 wrote:Old Town Road

Lil Nas

I mean, if it works for Rambo......

RIP Evan.

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

Gangplank Galleon or gtfo. Godzilla and Kong charging at each other with the Smash K. Rool reveal version playing in the background would be the hypest sh*t :lol:
Last edited by Dv-218 on Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:

Lil Nas

It doesn't work for Rambo.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Dynomy-DX
Interpol Agent

Post by Dynomy-DX »

You’re all casuals. We should revive Gangnam Style just for GvK as the main theme.
Reignited... and hopefully less weird this time around.

I'm a guy with simple interests. Mostly revolving around monsters blowing up entire cities.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Maritonic wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:

Lil Nas

It doesn't work for Rambo.
Explain this? Im confused......Rambo used it where?

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

Dynomy-DX wrote:You’re all casuals. We should revive Gangnam Style just for GvK as the main theme.
>not having Gucci Gang as the main theme
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

Godzilla: "I’ve lived in a world of death. I’ve watched people I’ve loved die. Some fast with a bullet, some not enough left to bury. All these years I’ve kept my secrets, but the time has come to face my past. And if it comes looking for me, they will welcome death."

Billy Ray Cyrus: "ooooooh, I'm gonna take my house to that old town road. I'm gonna... RIIIIIIDE till I can't no more."

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

Watch them pull a fast one on all of you and set the trailer to YMCA :lol:

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

not gonna lie, still a bit salty about no New York or Tokyo fight. ah well. at least Hong Kong will be cool

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

KingKaiju wrote:Godzilla: "I’ve lived in a world of death. I’ve watched people I’ve loved die. Some fast with a bullet, some not enough left to bury. All these years I’ve kept my secrets, but the time has come to face my past. And if it comes looking for me, they will welcome death."

Billy Ray Cyrus: "ooooooh, I'm gonna take my house to that old town road. I'm gonna... RIIIIIIDE till I can't no more."
Somebody for the love of God give this guy a gold star.

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

Have Kong have an army of Titans and Godzilla have an army of Titans as well and just play the Naruto Shippuden Opening 16 theme. Cant wait for the weebs to praise that goddamn trailer
Long Live The King