Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
ClandestineCanine9
Monarch Researcher

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Post by ClandestineCanine9 »

the other Titans should definitely be there, but not the focus. we all know that Goji and Kong aren't gonna kill each other, so I think showing the titans at the beginning during setup and end during the finale with the inevitable new monster would be best, with the middle of the movie focused on Godzilla and Kong
Last edited by ClandestineCanine9 on Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
that wasn't very cash money of you
モスラ! ゴジラ! ギドラ!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

In the G:KOTM novelization, Ishiro has a son named Ren. In GvK, Shun Oguri plays an unknown character. Shun has a resemblance to Ken Watanabe. Is Shun's character Ren Serizawa?

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

Cryptid_Liker wrote:In the G:KOTM novelization, Ishiro has a son named Ren. In GvK, Shun Oguri plays an unknown character. Shun has a resemblance to Ken Watanabe. Is Shun's character Ren Serizawa?
probably
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

gottatalktothefake wrote:
Cryptid_Liker wrote:In the G:KOTM novelization, Ishiro has a son named Ren. In GvK, Shun Oguri plays an unknown character. Shun has a resemblance to Ken Watanabe. Is Shun's character Ren Serizawa?
probably
I like how he literally just gets mentioned in one line in the novelization

But yeah that sounds about right. The Monarch Sciences profile for Serizawa made a big deal about how he kept his personal life a close secret so they’re probably going to make that a plot point in GvK
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

GojiDog
G-Grasper

Post by GojiDog »

I have an image in my head of Kong and Godzilla on Skull Island duking it out with all the other monsters standing in a circle watching the action unfold.

Kind of like a Beyond Thunderdome feel...but with monsters.

"Two beasts enter, one beast leaves!"
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.

Sonic
Interpol Agent

Post by Sonic »

sorry to steer slightly off topic but do any of you think we might see behemoth in gvk?

Ryguy
EDF Instructor

Post by Ryguy »

tyrantgoji wrote:
Ryguy wrote:Yeah, uh I'm pretty sure this movie is going to get its asshole torn inside out if they do anything but Godzilla fighting Kong. No Rodan, no Ghidorah, no giant skullcrawler, etc etc etc. Seriously what's the problem with just that? There's no reason or truly logical way to go any bigger than what happened in KotM: everybody keeps living by this ridiculous philosophy that "ehhh every new movie HAS to be bigger and bolder and more batshit crazy than the last one or else it's going to bomb", which is complete nonsense.

Case-in-point, Logan is a farrrrr better movie than pretty much every other Fox superhero movie, despite the fact that it was the most contained (actually, it's the only one I truly enjoy). Same with Winter Soldier, Civil War, and the first Iron Man. KotM gave us something huge, now how about we just see Godzilla fighting Kong? I know pretty much everybody here hates me now for a multitude of reasons but I'm just speaking the truth: most of your ridiculous wet dreams will never make a better movie than just Godzilla fighting Kong. This is like if Civil War decided to introduce Doctor Doom or something.

And all of these ideas about some uber-powerful planet-destroying Hedorah, Destoroyah, SpaceGodzilla, or planet-sized Biollante make me cringe. There is no reason or real solid way to go any larger than King skreeonking Ghidorah whose presence alone made for a better apocalypse movie than the entirety of Roland Emmerich's 2012 (which is one of the worst sci-fi movies I've ever watched, but it just came to mind as an example).

Added in 2 minutes 39 seconds:
And no, jnavs, this isn't directed towards you. 95% of the users here share the same odd coke-induced ideas
but Godzilla and Kong lone would just be boring.

Jesus Christ am I happy that the fans aren't writing these movies... Even Tommy Wiseau could write something less cringe than 95% of the ideas that I see thrown around the Godzilla fanbase
"And now you will walk to him, and you will battle him to the death. Green and Brown. Fight night. The greatest gladiator match in the history of the world: reptile versus primate; day versus night; King of Monsters versus Kong of Skull Island!"

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Ryguy wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:
Ryguy wrote:Yeah, uh I'm pretty sure this movie is going to get its asshole torn inside out if they do anything but Godzilla fighting Kong. No Rodan, no Ghidorah, no giant skullcrawler, etc etc etc. Seriously what's the problem with just that? There's no reason or truly logical way to go any bigger than what happened in KotM: everybody keeps living by this ridiculous philosophy that "ehhh every new movie HAS to be bigger and bolder and more batshit crazy than the last one or else it's going to bomb", which is complete nonsense.

Case-in-point, Logan is a farrrrr better movie than pretty much every other Fox superhero movie, despite the fact that it was the most contained (actually, it's the only one I truly enjoy). Same with Winter Soldier, Civil War, and the first Iron Man. KotM gave us something huge, now how about we just see Godzilla fighting Kong? I know pretty much everybody here hates me now for a multitude of reasons but I'm just speaking the truth: most of your ridiculous wet dreams will never make a better movie than just Godzilla fighting Kong. This is like if Civil War decided to introduce Doctor Doom or something.

And all of these ideas about some uber-powerful planet-destroying Hedorah, Destoroyah, SpaceGodzilla, or planet-sized Biollante make me cringe. There is no reason or real solid way to go any larger than King skreeonking Ghidorah whose presence alone made for a better apocalypse movie than the entirety of Roland Emmerich's 2012 (which is one of the worst sci-fi movies I've ever watched, but it just came to mind as an example).

Added in 2 minutes 39 seconds:
And no, jnavs, this isn't directed towards you. 95% of the users here share the same odd coke-induced ideas
but Godzilla and Kong lone would just be boring.

Jesus Christ am I happy that the fans aren't writing these movies... Even Tommy Wiseau could write something less cringe than 95% of the ideas that I see thrown around the Godzilla fanbase
y'know, you could have just respectfully disagreed and not insult me, even though i was being pretty nice to you.

whatever, your gonna be second on my foe list to Grievous of all people. i will not miss you. tata!

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

tyrantgoji wrote:
y'know, you could have just respectfully disagreed and not insult me, even though i was being pretty nice to you.

whatever, your gonna be second on my foe list to Grievous of all people. i will not miss you. tata!
I didn't think he insulted you. But hey, what do I know.

Is a Tommy Wiseau movie that bad an idea?
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

"I'm glad fans aren't writing these movies" except they are 95% of the time.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Godzilla21 wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:

saying "what planet are you from" seems like an insult to me. But i don't wanna split hairs.

Though Tommy Wiseau Godzilla is an interesting thought no doubt! :P

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Ryguy wrote:
Jesus Christ am I happy that the fans aren't writing these movies...
They are.

They're just not TK members.

Added in 20 seconds:
tyrantgoji wrote:
Godzilla21 wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:

saying "what planet are you from" seems like an insult to me. But i don't wanna split hairs.

Yeah that was pretty rude.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

tyrantgoji wrote: saying "what planet are you from" seems like an insult to me. But i don't wanna split hairs.

Well I would just laugh it off if someone said what planet are you from. Its not like he called you asshole or a fuckstick. That might be a little insulting. But I guess our mileage varies on sensitivity to forum language.

And yes Tommy Wiseau. Lets make this happen
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

Ryguy
EDF Instructor

Post by Ryguy »

It's not an insult.

It's a general statement that I have no idea why the fuck any kaiju fan would somehow think a big-budget Hollywood movie with just Godzilla and King Kong, the two most famous movie monsters of all time, is in any way boring. And why so many fans feel the need to keep adding-on a bunch of other unnecessary BS like the other titans egging-on fights (similar to the beach scene in the 1984 Karate Kid) which will only bloat the plot in a movie which should have otherwise just been Godzilla fighting Kong.

Like, I can't even.
"And now you will walk to him, and you will battle him to the death. Green and Brown. Fight night. The greatest gladiator match in the history of the world: reptile versus primate; day versus night; King of Monsters versus Kong of Skull Island!"

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Ryguy wrote:It's not an insult.

It's a general statement that I have no idea why the skreeonk any kaiju fan would somehow think a big-budget Hollywood movie with just Godzilla and King Kong, the two most famous movie monsters of all time, is in any way boring. And why so many fans feel the need to keep adding-on a bunch of other unnecessary BS like the other titans egging-on fights (similar to the beach scene in the 1984 Karate Kid) which will only bloat the plot in a movie which should have otherwise just been Godzilla fighting Kong.

Like, I can't even.
\

okay, i admit that i kinda jumped the gun on that, i apologize. i'll also take you off my foe list.

still think it's best we keep away from each other in case something like this happens again.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Because the way KOTM ended clearly implies more than just Kong and Godzilla will be in, as well as affect, the plot.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

If only we had a good idea of how the story could play out, then we would have an actual reason to keep projecting ourselves.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Ryguy
EDF Instructor

Post by Ryguy »

As long as the climax and main plot is just Godzilla fighting Kong with no teamups while not becoming too stupid and cheesy, fine. I don't mind more titans in the movie, but I don't want anything too stupid like Godzilla and Kong leading titans into battle like Captain America and Thanos. Or titans sitting back watching the fights like the citizens watching the final battle of Spiderman 3 which still hurts to watch to this day because of how dumb and cringe it is.

But I have a sneaking suspicion that this movie will have Spiderman 3 levels of cringe and ridiculousness in it. I don't know why, but I'm getting this bad feeling. Like I'm talking full-on emo Peter Parker and "stupid people portrayed by awful actors watching the fights" levels of cringe. I hope I'm wrong.
Last edited by Ryguy on Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Ryguy wrote:As long as the climax and main plot is just Godzilla fighting Kong with no teamups while not becoming too stupid and cheesy, fine. I don't mind more titans in the movie, but I don't want anything too stupid like Godzilla and Kong leading titans into battle like Captain America and Thanos. Or titans sitting back watching the fights like the citizens watching the final battle of Spiderman 3 which still hurts to watch to this day because of how dumb and cringe it is.

But I have a sneaking suspicion that this movie will have Spiderman 3 levels of cringe and ridiculousness in it. I don't know why, but I'm getting this bad feeling. Like I'm talking full-on emo Peter Parker and "stupid people portrayed by awful actors watching the fights" levels of cringe. I hope I'm wrong.
yeah i can kinda understand things like that. i'm expecting some cheesy things but to much of it could soil the film. same reason why a lotta people don't like Final Wars.

Come to think about it, wonder if some people got turned off from KOTM because they thought it was to cheesy.

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

tyrantgoji wrote:
Ryguy wrote:As long as the climax and main plot is just Godzilla fighting Kong with no teamups while not becoming too stupid and cheesy, fine. I don't mind more titans in the movie, but I don't want anything too stupid like Godzilla and Kong leading titans into battle like Captain America and Thanos. Or titans sitting back watching the fights like the citizens watching the final battle of Spiderman 3 which still hurts to watch to this day because of how dumb and cringe it is.

yeah i can kinda understand things like that. i'm expecting some cheesy things but to much of it could soil the film. same reason why a lotta people don't like Final Wars.

Come to think about it, wonder if some people got turned off from KOTM because they thought it was to cheesy.
My god....zilla. Sorry, I read that in a fortune cookie.

CRINGE 100
Long Live The King