King of the Monsters Easter Eggs Thread [Spoilers]

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=26327&p=1472505
Living Corpse
Seatopian Daikaiju

Re: King of the Monsters Easter Eggs Thread [Spoilers]

Postby Living Corpse » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:00 am

Vakanai wrote:(speaking of Mothra, not a Godzilla reference, but how she used her webbing was very Spider-Man like.)

Glad I'm a 90's kid.
Last edited by Living Corpse on Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mecha-SpaceGhidorah
G-Grasper

Postby Mecha-SpaceGhidorah » Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:43 pm

MothraRocks wrote:•Mothra’s (Easter) egg being found in the credits.
Also, the article about the new Mothra egg was written by Steven Martin. (Now that I'm thinking about it, I should have checked to see if he was a reporter for United World News. It would be great if he was.)
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man, and let history make its own judgments.
    ~ Zefram Cochrane (c. 2073)

Terasawa
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Terasawa » Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:53 pm

One reference I noticed that I don't think has been mentioned here yet:

When Rodan first appears one of the Monarch soldiers has to hang on to a column to avoid being swept away in the windstorm. I thought this was a pretty obvious reference to a similar moment in the 1956 Rodan which later turned up as stock footage in Monster Zero. Kaneko also referenced it in a scene in Gamera 2.
YouTube
変の声謎だよ。
Save All Dubs

Godzilla 1986
JXSDF Technician

Postby Godzilla 1986 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:02 am

So there's an HD rip of the film floating around, I'm combing through the end credits for secrets (there's a lot if you slow it down and read the redacted sections, it tells a story that strongly sets up the next film) and found two things: a redacted section lists Easter Island as an area containing ancient Titan-worshipping ruins, a nod to Godzilla vs. Megalon; the article about the discovered Mothra egg was written by a "Steven Martin"; two other redacted sections mention "telepathic communication" with Titans, a nod to the Shobijin, and another specifically with Zhang Ziyi about some Titans being considered mystical deities.
"What are your thoughts on the Godzilla gijinkas?"

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Postby Gawdziller1954 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:07 pm

Godzilla 1986 wrote:So there's an HD rip of the film floating around, I'm combing through the end credits for secrets (there's a lot if you slow it down and read the redacted sections, it tells a story that strongly sets up the next film) and found two things: a redacted section lists Easter Island as an area containing ancient Titan-worshipping ruins, a nod to Godzilla vs. Megalon; the article about the discovered Mothra egg was written by a "Steven Martin"; two other redacted sections mention "telepathic communication" with Titans, a nod to the Shobijin, and another specifically with Zhang Ziyi about some Titans being considered mystical deities.

I was thinking the Telepathy was a nod to Miki Saesuga.
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D

Return to “MonsterVerse (2014-Present)”