MonsterVerse: Beyond 2020

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Ryguy
EDF Instructor

Re: MonsterVerse: Beyond 2020

Post by Ryguy »

ClandestineCanine9 wrote:I think the MonsterVerse would be a good place to finally realize the Godzilla vs. Godzilla idea that's been thrown around for decades. we already know that Gojira isn't a mutated, one-of-a-kind creature in this continuity, he is just one member of a once globally dominant species, and we know that he isn't the only one to exist during the time of man, as Dagon was witnessed fighting Jinshin-Mushi by humans. another Godzilla could pop up, and angered by the folly of man or something, lash out against humanity, or even the other titans, making humans fear for their lives that Godzilla had turned on them, the only sign that it's not him being the dorsal plates, then the Godzilla shows up and beats the bastard into submission for disrupting balance.
I've been preaching this idea for damn-well nearly three years now. Godzilla fighting another of his species is a far cooler and more original idea than all of this stupid shit the fans keep coming up with. Every time I bring it up, the fedora-wearing elitists stick their Dorito dust-covered fingers in their ears while cuddling their Mothra gijinka body pillows claiming that Legendary needs to just become Toho 2.0 and give us a bunch of crudely-made fan masturbation sessions, all while wishing for MechaGodzilla to show up for only the 50th fucking time.
"And now you will walk to him, and you will battle him to the death. Green and Brown. Fight night. The greatest gladiator match in the history of the world: reptile versus primate; day versus night; King of Monsters versus Kong of Skull Island!"

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Only after Mothra, Rodan, and King Ghidorah have shown up for the 50th time. :lol:
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Ryguy wrote:
ClandestineCanine9 wrote:I think the MonsterVerse would be a good place to finally realize the Godzilla vs. Godzilla idea that's been thrown around for decades. we already know that Gojira isn't a mutated, one-of-a-kind creature in this continuity, he is just one member of a once globally dominant species, and we know that he isn't the only one to exist during the time of man, as Dagon was witnessed fighting Jinshin-Mushi by humans. another Godzilla could pop up, and angered by the folly of man or something, lash out against humanity, or even the other titans, making humans fear for their lives that Godzilla had turned on them, the only sign that it's not him being the dorsal plates, then the Godzilla shows up and beats the bastard into submission for disrupting balance.
I've been preaching this idea for damn-well nearly three years now. Godzilla fighting another of his species is a far cooler and more original idea than all of this stupid poop the fans keep coming up with. Every time I bring it up, the fedora-wearing elitists stick their Dorito dust-covered fingers in their ears while cuddling their Mothra gijinka body pillows claiming that Legendary needs to just become Toho 2.0 and give us a bunch of crudely-made fan masturbation sessions, all while wishing for MechaGodzilla to show up for only the 50th skreeonking time.
good grief dude, what is your problem?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

TheDolphinKaijuGod
GPN Volunteer

Post by TheDolphinKaijuGod »

Ryguy wrote:
I've been preaching this idea for damn-well nearly three years now. Godzilla fighting another of his species is a far cooler and more original idea than all of this stupid poop the fans keep coming up with. Every time I bring it up, the fedora-wearing elitists stick their Dorito dust-covered fingers in their ears while cuddling their Mothra gijinka body pillows claiming that Legendary needs to just become Toho 2.0 and give us a bunch of crudely-made fan masturbation sessions, all while wishing for MechaGodzilla to show up for only the 50th skreeonking time.
Are you incapable of remaining civil for 5 minutes??
Resized Image 

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Ryguy wrote:
I've been preaching this idea for damn-well nearly three years now. Godzilla fighting another of his species is a far cooler and more original idea than all of this stupid shit the fans keep coming up with. Every time I bring it up, the fedora-wearing elitists stick their Dorito dust-covered fingers in their ears while cuddling their Mothra gijinka body pillows claiming that Legendary needs to just become Toho 2.0 and give us a bunch of crudely-made fan masturbation sessions, all while wishing for MechaGodzilla to show up for only the 50th fucking time.

Less of this ^

Back to civility, all. Thank you.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

okay, ignoring that... comment. What about ideas for some new monsters? We still haven't seen a majority of the 17 monsters if KOTM so what do you think they could look like?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Post by GuardianGhido »

What do you guys think we might see on Kong's next solo outing if the Monsterverse continues? (I agree that KSI justifies Kong 2)

I'm hoping we get to see a real "Alpha Skullcrawler" or something instead of just "the big one". One with a lot more design differences from it's progeny than just size and extra spkes. Maybe give it a new ability too, kinda like the MUTO Prime.
Last edited by GuardianGhido on Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
DirektorSplennic wrote:Mr Goji, eabaker, and LSD are like the (un)Holy Trinity of Kaiju Kino.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Ryguy wrote:I've been preaching this idea for damn-well nearly three years now. Godzilla fighting another of his species is a far cooler and more original idea than all of this stupid poop the fans keep coming up with. Every time I bring it up, the fedora-wearing elitists stick their Dorito dust-covered fingers in their ears while cuddling their Mothra gijinka body pillows claiming that Legendary needs to just become Toho 2.0 and give us a bunch of crudely-made fan masturbation sessions, all while wishing for MechaGodzilla to show up for only the 50th skreeonking time.
And you complain about my repetitiveness. Oh the hypocrisy coming out of you. :roll:

You're so cute Ryguy... :lol:
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:03 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

GuardianGhido wrote:What do you guys think we might see on Kong's next solo outing if the Monsterverse continues? (I agree that KSI justifies Kong 2)

I'm hoping we get to see a real "Alpha Skullcrawler" or something instead of just "the big one". One with a lot more design differences from it's progeny than just size and extra spkes. Maybe give it a new ability too, kinda like the MUTO Prime.
Varan. they actually have a bit in common. Varan was worshiped as a god or demon in the original film. also it's not impossible to make him a big threat (they tried to make him an apocalyptic omen in 95!) . all that and the fact he hasn't been seen in forever.

or another type f ape like a giant orangutan or baboon for Kong to fight. either works.

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

GuardianGhido wrote:What do you guys think we might see on Kong's next solo outing if the Monsterverse continues? (I agree that KSI justifies Kong 2)

If Kong gets another film (and maybe it’s just the bias in me but outside Godzilla vs Kong I don’t necessarily see how a Kong 2 would work) I’d definitely like to see him fight something other than another Skullcrawler.
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Post by GuardianGhido »

G2000 wrote:

If Kong gets another film (and maybe it’s just the bias in me but outside Godzilla vs Kong I don’t necessarily see how a Kong 2 would work) I’d definitely like to see him fight something other than another Skullcrawler.
Like I said it would be way different from regular Skullcrawlers, being a Prime of their own. Maybe it could have avian features along with its bipedal serpentine body, maybe even wings, and its ability would be petrification, maybe having spit that works like quick drying cement, and also possibly venomous breath (or if really wanna get ridiculous, laser eyes) making it inspiration for the Cockatrice/Basilisk? As for how people identified it as Cockatrice/Basilisk is that it attacked other places before attacking Skull Island with its army of Skullcrawler offspring, maybe even being the reason behind how there are so many of them in Skull Island.

It could be assumed to be killed by Kong's species during its last attempt to take over Skull Island (the time Kong's parents died) but it survived and retreated into the Hollow Earth to hibernate (taking a lot of its spawn with it which often pop out to attack). Then it could be woken up for plot reasons and the fight could happen, maybe with it birthing tiny Skullcrawlers as distractions in battle, showing that it's savagery is not above sacrificng it's own children to try to win fights, contrasting with Kong's own parents who spent their last moments protecting him.
Last edited by GuardianGhido on Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
DirektorSplennic wrote:Mr Goji, eabaker, and LSD are like the (un)Holy Trinity of Kaiju Kino.

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

G2000 wrote:

I see any Kong 2 project as being more directly a sequel to K:SI, meaning another period piece/prequel to G14 like the last one, so that they can bring back Tom Hiddleston, Brie Larson, and John C. Reilly (assuming they're available). I'm picturing something set like 5 to 10 years later (I'm kind of fond of the idea of them setting Kong 2 in the early '80s).

I've no clue what sort of plot they should go for, though I hope they stick with having Kong fight more original creatures. :)

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

I actually second the idea of a second, rogue Godzilla that our Godzilla has to fight. I'd also like to see Gorosaurus pop in as a throwback to KKE, maybe as an invasive Titan on Skull Island.

Also I really hope we get Hedorah or Biollante. Hedorah would fit snugly into the MonsterVerse, being the living embodyment of our modern day problems: pollution, climate change, etc.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

KSI sequel ideas:
Kong at the Earth's Core
Kong vs Frankenstein (finally)
Kong vs Mothra
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Ivo-goji wrote:Kong vs Mothra
Kong vs. Rodan I think would better. It'd also homage the pterosaur since in the 1933 original film.

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

for extra titans I was thinking a massive dromeosaur looking thing like a cross between talon from primal rage and the indoraptor and name it Gaw for fanservice. Also some kind princess mononoke-esque ice stag thing because I actually had a cool vision in my head for behemoth with being a mammoth and all to have ice powers and uses them to walk across the ocean to reach Ghidorah before he is slain by Godzilla
your source of self destruction

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Extra titans?

Hadn't been done which I'm surprised given they're the biggest animals but a whale titan.

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Extra titans?

Hadn't been done which I'm surprised given they're the biggest animals but a whale titan.
the leviathan maybe?
your source of self destruction

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Ryguy wrote:
Yeah, you and every fan that saw Shin Godzilla and wanted him to fight Legendary Godzilla.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

For a new kaiju, I would want a big, bipedal crocodile Titan. I’ve been preaching for one since long ago and at least we have Lizzie now I guess, but I feel we need another that just ties to the Godzilla universe
Long Live The King