GODZILLA VS. KONG (2020) General Discussion Thread (No Leaks, Unofficial Photos/Vids, etc.)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Re: GODZILLA VS. KONG (2020) General Discussion Thread (No Leaks, Unofficial Photos/Vids, etc.)

Post by Rhedosaurus »

Just curious. Not counting Ghidorah's call, has Kong ever encountered another Titan?

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Re: GODZILLA VS. KONG (2020) General Discussion Thread (No Leaks, Unofficial Photos/Vids, etc.)

Post by GuardianGhido »

Rhedosaurus wrote:Just curious. Not counting Ghidorah's call, has Kong ever encountered another Titan?
Uh, hello? Ramarak and the other Skullcrawlers? Don't they count?
Last edited by GuardianGhido on Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
DirektorSplennic wrote:Mr Goji, eabaker, and LSD are like the (un)Holy Trinity of Kaiju Kino.

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

GuardianGhido wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:Just curious. Not counting Ghidorah's call, has Kong ever encountered another Titan?
The Skullcrawlers are considered Titans? I didn't know that.

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Post by GuardianGhido »

Rhedosaurus wrote:
GuardianGhido wrote:
Well they aren't given the "Titanus" designation though so I don't really know. It's weird, I mean they're around the size of Kong (sometimes way bigger) and are pretty much an original Kaiju so why wouldn't they count as titans?
DirektorSplennic wrote:Mr Goji, eabaker, and LSD are like the (un)Holy Trinity of Kaiju Kino.

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

GuardianGhido wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
GuardianGhido wrote: Uh, hello? Ramarak and the other Skullcrawlers? Don't they count?
Well they aren't given the "Titanus" designation though so I don't really know. It's weird, I mean they're around the size of Kong (sometimes way bigger) and are pretty much an original Kaiju so why wouldn't they count as titans?
Perhaps they don't have any special powers. Which would also be odd since Kong has none either, yet is still considered one...

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Post by GuardianGhido »

Rhedosaurus wrote:
GuardianGhido wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Perhaps they don't have any special powers. Which would also be odd since Kong has none either, yet is still considered one...
Neither do the other titans we've seen so far...odd. The Skullcrawlers even responded to King Ghidorah's call so they really should be classified as titans. I guess the most probable reason is that they haven't figured out a Titanus designation for them yet. Skullcrawler is more of a nickname given by Marlow than their actual name which might not have been properly deciphered yet.

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

GuardianGhido wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
GuardianGhido wrote: Well they aren't given the "Titanus" designation though so I don't really know. It's weird, I mean they're around the size of Kong (sometimes way bigger) and are pretty much an original Kaiju so why wouldn't they count as titans?
Neither do the other titans we've seen so far...odd. The Skullcrawlers even responded to King Ghidorah's call so they really should be classified as titans. I guess the most probable reason is that they haven't figured out a Titanus designation for them yet. Skullcrawler is more of a nickname given by Marlow than their actual name which might not have been properly deciphered yet.

Well, they can rejuvenate the Earth. Perhaps the Skullcrawlers can't...but considering how Kong might not be able to rejuvenate Earth either...

This whole situation really is more murky then I thought it would be.

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Post by GuardianGhido »

Rhedosaurus wrote:
GuardianGhido wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

Well, they can rejuvenate the Earth. Perhaps the Skullcrawlers can't...but considering how Kong might not be able to rejuvenate Earth either...

And about rejuveneating the earth, King Ghidorah is considered a Titan and he does the exact opposite of rejuvenation.

There's also the fact that there are considered to be "17 and counting" titans despite there being dozens of skullcrawlers around from the description we got from them hearing Ghidorah's call in Skull Island in the novelization.

I think because Skull Island is already so full of giant and/or unusual beasts already, the ones that don't stand out like Kong does are not classified titans, but rather as...sub-titans or something. There could possibly be a Monarch designation for them as well and we just haven't heard of them.
Last edited by GuardianGhido on Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

GuardianGhido wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
GuardianGhido wrote: Neither do the other titans we've seen so far...odd. The Skullcrawlers even responded to King Ghidorah's call so they really should be classified as titans. I guess the most probable reason is that they haven't figured out a Titanus designation for them yet. Skullcrawler is more of a nickname given by Marlow than their actual name which might not have been properly deciphered yet.

And about rejuveneating the earth, King Ghidorah is considered a Titan and he does the exact opposite of rejuvenation.

There's also the fact that there are considered to be "17 and counting" titans despite there being dozens of skullcrawlers around from the description we got from them hearing Ghidorah's call in Skull Island in the novelization.

I think because Skull Island is already so full of giant and/or unusual beasts already, the ones that don't stand out like Kong does are not classified titans, but rather as...sub-titans or something. There could possibly be a Monarch designation for them as well and we just haven't heard of them.

Calling the Skullcrawlers as sub-Titans or semi-Titans would make sense. Perhaps if the rumor about MG being the baddie is true, he kills enough titans to not only force Godzilla and Kong to work together, but also force Godzilla's hand in making the Skullcrawlers de facto Titans to fill in the gap in his titan army. Not only that, but it would benefit Kong since he won't have to deal with them ever again.

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Post by GuardianGhido »

Rhedosaurus wrote:
GuardianGhido wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

Calling the Skullcrawlers as sub-Titans or semi-Titans would make sense. Perhaps if the rumor about MG being the baddie is true, he kills enough titans to not only force Godzilla and Kong to work together, but also force Godzilla's hand in making the Skullcrawlers de facto Titans to fill in the gap in his titan army. Not only that, but it would benefit Kong since he won't have to deal with them ever again.
Thing is. that's fine and all, but not Godzilla vs Kong. I want just Godzilla vs Kong in Godzilla vs Kong.

BTW this is the no spoiler thread I believe, so try not to post too much about the supposed MG rumor. (They already semi spoiled the possibility of it for me earlier with "Mechanized Giant" so I'm not reacting too horribly)
Last edited by GuardianGhido on Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:29 am, edited 3 times in total.

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

Titans seem to be incredibly ancient, unique or at least very rare kaiju that are individually strong enough to pose a near global scale threat.

Most of Skull Island's inhabitants are classed in the supplemental materials as Megafauna: simply large animals living in a remote location. Kong is the probable exception given that he's the last of his kind, and much stronger than the norm for Megafauna.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Titan seems to be a new designation. Kong was originally classified as something else, but got reclassified. It's possible Skullcralwers got the Titnan designation later, as for they said 17 Titans when they're a bunch of Skullcralwers, maybe they mean types, or maybe there's currently only one Skullcralwer that has grown to Kong size since Kong killed the one in KSI. Also Leafwings showed up for the big crowning in the novel and I'd hardly call those "titans".

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

So I've apparently been living under a goddamn boulder, the guy writing Godzilla vs Kong, is the same guy who wrote the unmade 1994 Godzilla with the Gryphon.

That's fucking nuts honestly.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

GoWhaleTours
JXSDF Technician

Post by GoWhaleTours »

It’s a shame the big finale movie likely won’t have either monster in their home cities of NYC or Tokyo.
GO GO GOJI KUN

Sonic
Interpol Agent

Post by Sonic »

GoWhaleTours wrote:It’s a shame the big finale movie likely won’t have either monster in their home cities of NYC or Tokyo.
I agre... big shame. :cry:

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

GoWhaleTours wrote:It’s a shame the big finale movie likely won’t have either monster in their home cities of NYC or Tokyo.
Yeah, this seems like a bit of an oversight. Relatively minor in the grand scheme of things but still annoying in a way.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

One place I'd love for a fight to occur in is Australia.

Australia is long overdue for an attack.

Then again the people there really won't care about getting attacked given the dangerous poop they already have there. ;P
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Titans seem to be anything that Humans have a hard time killing. The crew in skull island were giving the skull crawlers a good fight so I say not Titans.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

miguelnuva wrote:Titans seem to be anything that Humans have a hard time killing. The crew in skull island were giving the skull crawlers a good fight so I say not Titans.
The baby Skull Crawlers...humans were getting wiped out by Ramarak who may or may not be an actual adult Skull Crawler.
Image Image

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

KingKong2005 wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:Titans seem to be anything that Humans have a hard time killing. The crew in skull island were giving the skull crawlers a good fight so I say not Titans.
The baby Skull Crawlers...humans were getting wiped out by Ramarak who may or may not be an actual adult Skull Crawler.
Yeah as I pointed out in another thread, the ones that killed Kong's parents were much bigger, Skull Devil might have just been a teenager just like Kong and all the adults were dead, and Kong tries to kill them before they even reach teenagehood let alone adulthood.