Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
User avatar
MikeSTZillak
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 941
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:57 pm
Location: Celery
Contact:

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Postby MikeSTZillak » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:25 pm

I have Aspergers and I don't really give a hoot what other people think.
(just wanted to throw that out there)
Image


Resized Image


#IStandwithVic
#Pro-Life

User avatar
SoggyNoodles2016
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2392
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 7:37 am
Location: My parents' basement

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Postby SoggyNoodles2016 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:27 pm

Me too and I do find it insulting.

Not a big deal though, I suppose
Image

#MinillaForSmash2019

NSZ wrote:That's the 70's for ya. If you weren't blowing your money on gas, drugs, or chicks, you were blowing it on giant animatronic monkeys that don't work.

User avatar
G2000
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 4805
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:34 pm

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Postby G2000 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:29 pm

I do but I dislike advertising it because I don’t want to use it as a crutch or to excuse behaviors as I have seen others do
Not that I’ve seen anyone here do that, but even so
In any case I feel the point was clearly conveyed
Last edited by G2000 on Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

User avatar
SoggyNoodles2016
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2392
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 7:37 am
Location: My parents' basement

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Postby SoggyNoodles2016 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:37 pm

G2000 wrote:I do but I dislike advertising it because I don’t want to use it as a crutch or to excuse behaviors as I have seen others do
Not that I’ve seen anyone here do that, but even so
In any case I feel the point was clearly conveyed


didn't know that and I have the same problem of not wanting to crutch it.

Sorry if I was a bit rude.

Honestly, if I know the person making the jokes has no intentions of harm, I'm cool with it, but when I don't, I'm very critical. Again, sorry.
Image

#MinillaForSmash2019

NSZ wrote:That's the 70's for ya. If you weren't blowing your money on gas, drugs, or chicks, you were blowing it on giant animatronic monkeys that don't work.

User avatar
goji89
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 10667
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:27 pm

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Postby goji89 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:46 pm

I still hate anyone using autism as an insult. Just say they're stupid.
Image
https://kaijugalaxy.jcink.net/index.php?act=idx

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote: Tsuburaya's sloppy puppets and bad Kong suits.

User avatar
LSD Jellyfish
Kwaidan
Posts: 6570
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:57 pm
Location: 富士山

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:49 pm

I think when I was 17-20 regrettably I used insults like that towards people, or said things like that needlessly. At this point I just think if people can voluntarily curtail what they say about people, it can make the world a better place little by little. I`ve realized putting people down is just as lame and a waste of time as the people being put down.
_JNavs_ wrote:The MV is like cheap imitation crabmeat, it tastes good, but it isn't real, while Shin is kino peak Japanese performance.

Rodan95 wrote:The Shobijin are sat on by a fatass explorer and killed. Mothra is pissed and destroys Japan.

User avatar
GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 908
Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:05 am

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Postby GuardianGhido » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:12 am

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:Imagine getting horny off giant Nuclear Metaphors stripping their bikinis?

Rule 34 Godzilla fans are worse.

Youtube Gfans are just children hoping everything from here to the moon happens in the franchise.


I was more talking about the ones who wish Godzilla was real to commit genocide on everyone middle eastern.


-Again, what?
:shock:

Oh, good lord the Exif are real after all! Of course they're fans of Godzilla for causing so much death and destruction and wsih that "blessing" upon humanity (Not just middle easterns, but probably a good start for them or something)

Let's not give those Ghidorah cultists any more power by repeating the golden demise's lessons. Going on-topic for realsies this time:

The cheesier movies are actually some of my more favorite ones in the franchise. Sure deep stuff like Shin is good and the original can never be beat, but there's nothing like watching campy Kaiju pro-wrestling when poop like Godzilla's sliding kick or atomic breath flight starts happening!
DirektorSplennic wrote:Mr Goji, eabaker, and LSD are like the (un)Holy Trinity of Kaiju Kino.

User avatar
LSD Jellyfish
Kwaidan
Posts: 6570
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:57 pm
Location: 富士山

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:35 am

^^Dont give into the Exif cultists is perhaps the most wholesome way to address these issues.
_JNavs_ wrote:The MV is like cheap imitation crabmeat, it tastes good, but it isn't real, while Shin is kino peak Japanese performance.

Rodan95 wrote:The Shobijin are sat on by a fatass explorer and killed. Mothra is pissed and destroys Japan.

User avatar
SonOfGorgo
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 991
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:44 am

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Postby SonOfGorgo » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:58 am

Having finally watched the entire anime trilogy, I think somewhere between KotM and Planet Eater, there's an epic Godzilla sequel waiting to come out.
Image
Image
Still the best... 8-)

User avatar
Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Kwaidan
Posts: 5846
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:43 am
Location: AWACS Long Caster
Contact:

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Postby Spirit Ghidorah 2010 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:06 am

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:Imagine getting horny off giant Nuclear Metaphors stripping their bikinis?

Rule 34 Godzilla fans are worse.

Youtube Gfans are just children hoping everything from here to the moon happens in the franchise.


I was more talking about the ones who wish Godzilla was real to commit genocide on everyone middle eastern.


-Again, what?
:shock:

I've seen some of that on this very forum.
Herpy Derpy Doo

TK's Resident Physician

goji89 wrote:Guess I'll leave, this place isn't what it used to be.


#Pro-Choice

User avatar
Kaiju-King42
Kwaidan
Posts: 5769
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:34 pm
Location: Monster Island

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Postby Kaiju-King42 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:14 am

Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:
I was more talking about the ones who wish Godzilla was real to commit genocide on everyone middle eastern.


-Again, what?
:shock:

I've seen some of that on this very forum.


If memory serves it was a knee jerk response due to the bar shooting in Florida, but it was still ugly yeah.
Godzillian wrote:
Godzilla21 wrote:What is up with the American trope of hide the monster?

Jaws happened


ernesth100 wrote:
Ryguy wrote:When the new director is announced, I guarantee this fanbase will be torn through the middle...

We're always split down the middle. TK is like a giant buttcrack.


Anno wrote:never forget tadpole :godzilla:




User avatar
GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 908
Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:05 am

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Postby GuardianGhido » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:17 am

^ Guys, enough of the dodgy stuff. We wouldn't want to summon Ghidorah from his black hole.
Last edited by GuardianGhido on Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
DirektorSplennic wrote:Mr Goji, eabaker, and LSD are like the (un)Holy Trinity of Kaiju Kino.

User avatar
MikeSTZillak
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 941
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:57 pm
Location: Celery
Contact:

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Postby MikeSTZillak » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:20 am

Godzilla should get his power from a certain vegetable.
Image


Resized Image


#IStandwithVic
#Pro-Life

User avatar
Maritonic
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 6057
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:26 am
Location: UberRichNewYork

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Postby Maritonic » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:22 am

MikeSTZillak wrote:Godzilla should get his power from a certain vegetable.


Spoiler:
Celery?
Resized Image

Everything Will Proceed Cyclically

goji89 wrote:So.......are we gonna Kinkshame the skreeonking birds or what?

User avatar
GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 908
Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:05 am

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Postby GuardianGhido » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:27 am

Maritonic wrote:
MikeSTZillak wrote:Godzilla should get his power from a certain vegetable.


Spoiler:
Celery?

Spoiler:
Obviously it's Burger King Foot Lettuce


Opinion: I like Heroic Godzillas far more than I do villainous ones with the exception of the original.
DirektorSplennic wrote:Mr Goji, eabaker, and LSD are like the (un)Holy Trinity of Kaiju Kino.

User avatar
MikeSTZillak
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 941
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:57 pm
Location: Celery
Contact:

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Postby MikeSTZillak » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:29 am

Maritonic wrote:
MikeSTZillak wrote:Godzilla should get his power from a certain vegetable.


Spoiler:
Celery?

Spoiler:
Actually I was thinking more about Potatoes, but celery would work too.
Image


Resized Image


#IStandwithVic
#Pro-Life

User avatar
eabaker
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 11263
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:16 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Postby eabaker » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:33 am

Guys, seriously, while it's not strictly incorrect to call cannabis a vegetable, it's far more accurate to describe it as an herb.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

User avatar
2004Zilla
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 4960
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:38 pm
Location: Val Verde
Contact:

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Postby 2004Zilla » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:34 am

_JNavs_ wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:
MikeSTZillak wrote:Rule 34 Godzilla fans.

Top that if you can.
(actually, don't top that please.)


Those guys are just horny, so...

YouTube Godzilla fans.

Imagine getting horny off giant Nuclear Metaphors stripping their bikinis?

Rule 34 Godzilla fans are worse.

Youtube Gfans are just children hoping everything from here to the moon happens in the franchise.

Mike Dougherty posted a pretty funny follow up tweet to the whole Kaiju Gijinkas question
SuperPawnageGigan wrote:What has this thread become.

Image

User avatar
Kaiju-King42
Kwaidan
Posts: 5769
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:34 pm
Location: Monster Island

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Postby Kaiju-King42 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:41 am

Aaaaaa give us a warning next time.
Godzillian wrote:
Godzilla21 wrote:What is up with the American trope of hide the monster?

Jaws happened


ernesth100 wrote:
Ryguy wrote:When the new director is announced, I guarantee this fanbase will be torn through the middle...

We're always split down the middle. TK is like a giant buttcrack.


Anno wrote:never forget tadpole :godzilla:




User avatar
_JNavs_
Kwaidan
Posts: 5694
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:59 pm
Location: ニューヨーク

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Postby _JNavs_ » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:41 am

2004Zilla wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:
Those guys are just horny, so...

YouTube Godzilla fans.

Imagine getting horny off giant Nuclear Metaphors stripping their bikinis?

Rule 34 Godzilla fans are worse.

Youtube Gfans are just children hoping everything from here to the moon happens in the franchise.

Mike Dougherty posted a pretty funny follow up tweet to the whole Kaiju Gijinkas question

Why would you do this to me X_X
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Sith Apprentice.


Return to “General Toho Films”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests