Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Post by Ivo-goji »

gottatalktothefake wrote:Theory time

You know how they said Skull Island was becoming unstable? Remember what happened to the Skull Islands of 33 and 05? Sunk by earthquakes

The same thing could be happening again
It's probably sinking into the Hollow Earth.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

Solaris667
Yojimbo

Post by Solaris667 »

gottatalktothefake wrote:
Godzilla21 wrote:I get what Ryguy is saying. I also don't want a team up. Maybe he thinks its cliche because pretty much everyone around here the last couple years has been predicting a team up. And on social media too. It just seems since the fans are so convinced of it and say it so much the segment of the fandom that don't want it are pushing back?

I just want an entertaining and engaging movie. I don't want a team up but I won't throw a fit if there is one.
I'll be fine as long as Godzilla isn't antagonistic and stays consistent as a protector of sorts.
After watching KoTM, I feel like the prospect of a villainous Godzilla in GvK has been thrown into the gutter. If we can draw material from the end credits, Godzilla will probably stay as a defender of Earth; he's already shown benevolence through the news clippings anyway, for Godzilla basically prevents other titans from attacking cities. In my opinion, Godzilla vs. Kong is setting up a brawl between two "hero" titans.

Also, people keep forgetting that neither Godzilla or Kong have to be villainous in order for them to fight. The titans, after being largely pushed out of human settlements by Godzilla after KoTM, seem to be moving towards Skull Island. Furthermore. Ghidorah's alpha call awoke the Skullcrawlers during the events of KoTM... so if we put two and two together, I expect Godzilla and King Kong to be fighting over Skull Island. King Kong is not going to be happy about a couple of monsters moving into his island like they own the place, while Godzilla is going to march over to Skull Island and be rather ticked off at another alpha opposing his global order. Godzilla and Kong will fight and their conflict will spill globally.

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

I think the “for now” line is not about Godzilla becoming evil, but rather plants the seed for what humans will think of Godzilla. After all, there is a human conspiracy in GvK that is against them.
Long Live The King

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

^I hope you two are right
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

It would make much more sense if MechaG is not in Godzilla vs Kong and is rather a tease to a potential Godzilla 3 or something. They clearly emphasized the Ghidorah head in the end credits, so it's almost like it's forcefully supposed to have a part in GvK.

The newspaper clippings are fast and quick and therefore shouldn't be paid too much attention to unless you really analyze it by recording it, reading fast etc. So if the newspaper clippings is for post-2020 and there never is a Monsterverse past 2020, then the blow isn't really all too big compared the utter embarrassment they would have if the end credits stinger never comes to fruition. It just doesn't make sense if the end credits is for the up-in-the-air, not greenlit Godzilla 3, but the quick newspaper clippings (apart from Titans going to Skull Island) is for GvK.

Unless literally MechaG AND the Ghidorah hybrid are in GvK which I wouldn't like at all; too convoluted unless it's executed amazingly. I don't know; just thinking out loud.
Last edited by Hokmuto on Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Long Live The King

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

Hokmuto wrote:It would make much more sense if MechaG is not in Godzilla vs Kong and is rather a tease to a potential Godzilla 3 or something. They clearly emphasized the Ghidorah head in the end credits, so it's almost like it's forcefully supposed to have a part in the GvK.

The newspaper clippings are fast and quick and therefore shouldn't be paid too much attention to unless you really analyze it by recording it, reading fast etc. So if the newspaper clippings is for post-2020 and there never is a Monsterverse past 2020, then the blow isn't really all to big compared the utter embarrassment they would have if the end credits stinger never comes to fruition. It just doesn't make sense if the end credits is for the up-in-the-air, not greenlit Godzilla 3, but the quick newspaper clippings (apart from Titans going to Skull Island) is for GvK.

Unless literally MechaG AND the Ghidorah hybrid are in GvK which I wouldn't like at all; too convoluted unless it's executed amazingly. I don't know; just thinking out loud.
Yeah, I do think that Ghidorah will have some role in GvK. I'd love him to come back fully regenrated, because I would love to see Kong fight him. I think that could be interesting to see. Maybe we could get him in the daytime and really show off his gold color scheme.

If they do this though, I really hope it is not spoiled in trailers or anything like that. I'd love for it to be a complete surprise for me when I watch it in theaters.
Twelfth Brother, Jedi Killer
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
KinoKaiser wrote:Is the Brazil market big or something?
Definitely, there's like a Brazilian moviegoers there
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Dun dun
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

*Giant BARAGONBREH comes out of the woods and roars*

*A bunch of Goji89s run across the screen in packs" :lol:
Go faster! *Baragonbreh in mirror is closer than he appears*
*Baragonbreh sneaks up on 3 unsuspecting New TK user raptors and just mauls them before disappearing*

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

I think the head is just setting up for something post Godzilla vs Kong.

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

Gojira2K wrote:
Hokmuto wrote:It would make much more sense if MechaG is not in Godzilla vs Kong and is rather a tease to a potential Godzilla 3 or something. They clearly emphasized the Ghidorah head in the end credits, so it's almost like it's forcefully supposed to have a part in the GvK.

The newspaper clippings are fast and quick and therefore shouldn't be paid too much attention to unless you really analyze it by recording it, reading fast etc. So if the newspaper clippings is for post-2020 and there never is a Monsterverse past 2020, then the blow isn't really all to big compared the utter embarrassment they would have if the end credits stinger never comes to fruition. It just doesn't make sense if the end credits is for the up-in-the-air, not greenlit Godzilla 3, but the quick newspaper clippings (apart from Titans going to Skull Island) is for GvK.

Yeah, I do think that Ghidorah will have some role in GvK. I'd love him to come back fully regenrated, because I would love to see Kong fight him. I think that could be interesting to see. Maybe we could get him in the daytime and really show off his gold color scheme.

If they do this though, I really hope it is not spoiled in trailers or anything like that. I'd love for it to be a complete surprise for me when I watch it in theaters.
But then we have the hybrid Ghidorah or whatever and then Mechagodzilla. For me, it has to only be one or the other.
Long Live The King

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

Hokmuto wrote:
Gojira2K wrote:

But then we have the hybrid Ghidorah or whatever and then Mechagodzilla. For me, it has to only be one or the other.
I personally believe the theory that, if you give the Ghidorah head enough electricity, it could potentially completely regenerate itself.

But, I also think it depends on how Warner/Legendary view this movie. If they view GvK as the final entry in the Monstervers, meaning they won't try and re-up the deal with Toho, I coud see them pulling all the stops and doing both. However if they don't view GvK as the finale to the Monsterverse, and will try to re-up the deal with Toho (whether they succeed or not is a different thing entirely), then most likely they will only do one or the other.
Twelfth Brother, Jedi Killer
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
KinoKaiser wrote:Is the Brazil market big or something?
Definitely, there's like a Brazilian moviegoers there
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Dun dun
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

*Giant BARAGONBREH comes out of the woods and roars*

*A bunch of Goji89s run across the screen in packs" :lol:
Go faster! *Baragonbreh in mirror is closer than he appears*
*Baragonbreh sneaks up on 3 unsuspecting New TK user raptors and just mauls them before disappearing*

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Godzilla to protect the world is forcing the Titans onto skull island. Kong to protect his island wants them off and thus needs to beat Godzilla.

Hero vs Hero plot.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Darktiger1991
Ronin

Post by Darktiger1991 »

Anyone have informations on the footage who have been show at CineEurope?
Last edited by Darktiger1991 on Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

vibramrunner
JXSDF Technician

Post by vibramrunner »

Hokmuto wrote:
Gojira2K wrote:

It was brought out by one of the users here that the some of the special effects guys for Ghidorah haven't been utilized for GvsK (yet), so with that in mind I don't think we'll see Mecha King Ghidorah. Personally, I think Mecha Godzilla will somehow be infused with Ghidorah cells, and we'll possibly get a "metal-living-organism" type thing going on. Could borrow elements from anything from the anime to Gigan, but most likely Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla. It provides the simplest explanation as to why/how someone would ever attempt to build a giant robot of Godzilla.
Last edited by vibramrunner on Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

I'm 100000000000000000% sure the newspaper montage was not teasing Mechagodzilla.
Spoiler:
It's MOGUERA baby, they're gonna tunnel into the Hollow Earth.
Last edited by Ivo-goji on Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

JesstrK
G-Force Personnel

Post by JesstrK »

vibramrunner wrote:
Hokmuto wrote:
Gojira2K wrote: Yeah, I do think that Ghidorah will have some role in GvK. I'd love him to come back fully regenrated, because I would love to see Kong fight him. I think that could be interesting to see. Maybe we could get him in the daytime and really show off his gold color scheme.

It was brought out by one of the users here that the some of the special effects guys for Ghidorah haven't been utilized for GvsK (yet), so with that in mind I don't think we'll see Mecha King Ghidorah. Personally, I think Mecha Godzilla will somehow be infused with Ghidorah cells, and we'll possibly get a "metal-living-organism" type thing going on. Could borrow elements from anything from the anime to Gigan, but most likely Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla. It provides the simplest explanation as to why/how someone would ever attempt to build a giant robot of Godzilla.
One thing though...If Ghidorah is going to return, possibly as MKG, it's possible that they'd want to keep his appearance under wraps as a surprise, especially this early in the game. In which case, the Ghidorah mo-cap bros might have been instructed not to let it slip if they were back to work on it (I believe the user said their answer was "we haven't been asked yet but we hope so" or something to that effect). Of course, its best to be cautious and take words at face value for now. It's probably like Hokmuto suggested, the head is being saved for a Godzilla 3 plot point or something. This is given further credence by the fact that Charles Dance doesn't seem to be in GvK, and if anything is done with the Ghidorah head, we know Alan Jonah would be involved as well. Also we have the ever-reliable Sayaka's report about Mechagodzilla being in GvK.

vibramrunner
JXSDF Technician

Post by vibramrunner »

JesstrK wrote: One thing though...If Ghidorah is going to return, possibly as MKG, it's possible that they'd want to keep his appearance under wraps as a surprise, especially this early in the game. In which case, the Ghidorah mo-cap bros might have been instructed not to let it slip if they were back to work on it (I believe the user said their answer was "we haven't been asked yet but we hope so" or something to that effect). Of course, its best to be cautious and take words at face value for now. It's probably like Hokmuto suggested, the head is being saved for a Godzilla 3 plot point or something. This is given further credence by the fact that Charles Dance doesn't seem to be in GvK, and if anything is done with the Ghidorah head, we know Alan Jonah would be involved as well. Also we have the ever-reliable Sayaka's report about Mechagodzilla being in GvK.
That's a good point and it's definitely possible, that MKG could be in GvsK as opposed to a potential Godzilla 3. I just have a hard time associating "under wraps" with the Monsterverse lately :-/ . Plus, they've basically freely given away MechaG, which arguably is the bigger surprise anyway.

GojiDog
G-Grasper

Post by GojiDog »

So any updates on this?

https://cosmicbook.news/godzilla-vs-kin ... lease-date

I'm not looking for details on the footage, but rather any reactions to it beyond this article.
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Ivo-goji wrote:I'm 100000000000000000% sure the newspaper montage was not teasing Mechagodzilla.
Spoiler:
It's MOGUERA baby, they're gonna tunnel into the Hollow Earth.
I'm okay wit this if it turned out to be true.
GojiDog wrote:So any updates on this?

https://cosmicbook.news/godzilla-vs-kin ... lease-date

I'm not looking for details on the footage, but rather any reactions to it beyond this article.
They might not be allowed to talk about it till later. I know, why even report it then?

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

It’s entirely possible it may not even be from the film proper but rather a specially-produced teaser (like the ones for G14 or K:SI)

Only thing is that filming for GvK has already wrapped while in those past two examples the teasers were made and released before they had even begun filming
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

Sonic
Interpol Agent

Post by Sonic »

so release date isn't changing? good...

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Sonic wrote:so release date isn't changing? good...
I think KOTM shouldn't have changed release date either.