Spoiler. If Godzilla and Ghidorah killed each other, then who would be the new Alpha Titan?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
_JNavs_
Keizer

Re: Spoiler. If Godzilla and Ghidorah killed each other, then who would be the new Alpha Titan?

Post by _JNavs_ »

GuardianGhido wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
GuardianGhido wrote:On the subject of Mothra, sure she might have the durability of cardboard but she also has infinite extra lives, so she can just keep trying again, and again, and again until she inevitably succeds all possible fights and takes over as Queen. I'm sure she's dedicated enough to never give up and that eventually she'd learn enough about every opponent to dispose of them by herself.
But wouldn't some of the titans try to find and destroy the eggs?
They don't seem smart enough. If Ghidorah didn't think of this I doubt any of the dumber ones would. (Kong wouldn't be bothered)
Ghidorah had no idea Mothra was even alive until the final act, so I think it's a bit unfair to assume the others wouldn't take advantage and destroy the egg.

If the egg is destroyed, she's donezo.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Re: Spoiler. If Godzilla and Ghidorah killed each other, then who would be the new Alpha Titan?

Post by GuardianGhido »

_JNavs_ wrote:
GuardianGhido wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
But wouldn't some of the titans try to find and destroy the eggs?
They don't seem smart enough. If Ghidorah didn't think of this I doubt any of the dumber ones would. (Kong wouldn't be bothered)
Ghidorah had no idea Mothra was even alive until the final act, so I think it's a bit unfair to assume the others wouldn't take advantage and destroy the egg.

They'd have to locate the egg first which I'm sure Mothra will find a way to keep hidden, but fair enough. But I don't really see any other titan like Rodan, Methuselah (If he could be a ruler, why would he bow to Godzilla instead of say standing next to him?) or a pack of Mutos or something leading the entire Titan race. (They'd just devolve into anarchy, fighting and preying on each other.) Godzilla and Mothra seem like the only ones who both have the leadership and willingness (Kong can lead but he won't) to be fair rulers while King Ghidorah is a ruthless conqueror.
Last edited by GuardianGhido on Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:20 am, edited 3 times in total.
DirektorSplennic wrote:Mr Goji, eabaker, and LSD are like the (un)Holy Trinity of Kaiju Kino.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

GuardianGhido wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:
GuardianGhido wrote: They don't seem smart enough. If Ghidorah didn't think of this I doubt any of the dumber ones would. (Kong wouldn't be bothered)

They'd have to locate the egg first which I'm sure Mothra will find a way to keep hidden, but fair enough. But I don't really see any other titan like Rodan, Methuselah (If he could be a ruler, why would he bow to Godzilla instead of say standing next to him?) or a pack of Mutos or something leading the entire Titan race. (They'd just devolve into anarchy, fighting and preying on each other.) Godzilla and Mothra seem like the only ones who both have the leadership and willingness (Kong can lead but he won't) to be fair rulers while King Ghidorah is a ruthless conqueror.
Mothra may be intelligent and have willpower.

But we're talking a natural animalistic hierarchy, not a boy scout troop :lol:, she'd need to be able to sauce up any Titan/kaiju that dare step to her and I just don't see her being physically able to keep a group of Titans in check without constantly being challenged and overwhelmed. She did survive some of Rodan's fire bursts, but she was also on her deathbed because of it.

Methuselah is just a giant Tortoise in this whole group, he's seems chill, laid back and relaxed. I've still yet to see an in-film model of what he looks like and his height. People are saying he's massive, yet when they all bowed I couldn't even find him in the group lol! He wouldn't bother becoming an alpha since he doesn't have aggro, he seems passive.

Kong is a reluctant King, but if he knew he had to step up for the world's sake, he would. Especially if it's on the brink of destruction.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tyrant28
JXSDF Technician

Post by Tyrant28 »

Would say considering Rodan charged Ghidorah head on and later attempted to challenge Godzilla, he would most likely try to take the mantle.
MrRockett wrote: They are a sticky bunch for sure. In 2014 all the guys were gathered around the Gravity booth to get a glimpse and maybe an autograph from Sandra Bullock. Some ass jockey decided to not crop dust the crowd, dude let off some straight napalm and cleared a 20 ft radius and didn’t flinch, he just moved up closer. I prayed Sandra wouldn’t catch a whiff, talk about Endgame....just gross.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Tyrant28 wrote:Would say considering Rodan charged Ghidorah head on and later attempted to challenge Godzilla, he would most likely try to take the mantle.
When did he challenge Godzilla?

Tyrant28
JXSDF Technician

Post by Tyrant28 »

_JNavs_ wrote:
Tyrant28 wrote:Would say considering Rodan charged Ghidorah head on and later attempted to challenge Godzilla, he would most likely try to take the mantle.
When did he challenge Godzilla?
When he showed during the bowing scene and roared at him in a aggressive manner, which Godzilla snarled at him in a way of saying “Don’t even try it.”
MrRockett wrote: They are a sticky bunch for sure. In 2014 all the guys were gathered around the Gravity booth to get a glimpse and maybe an autograph from Sandra Bullock. Some ass jockey decided to not crop dust the crowd, dude let off some straight napalm and cleared a 20 ft radius and didn’t flinch, he just moved up closer. I prayed Sandra wouldn’t catch a whiff, talk about Endgame....just gross.

SteveMartinLives
Yojimbo

Post by SteveMartinLives »

I'll take a Methuselah vs. Behemoth.

Godzilla2000Zero
Gotengo Officer

Post by Godzilla2000Zero »

_JNavs_ wrote:
GuardianGhido wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Ghidorah had no idea Mothra was even alive until the final act, so I think it's a bit unfair to assume the others wouldn't take advantage and destroy the egg.

But we're talking a natural animalistic hierarchy, not a boy scout troop :lol:, she'd need to be able to sauce up any Titan/kaiju that dare step to her and I just don't see her being physically able to keep a group of Titans in check without constantly being challenged and overwhelmed. She did survive some of Rodan's fire bursts, but she was also on her deathbed because of it.

Methuselah is just a giant Tortoise in this whole group, he's seems chill, laid back and relaxed. I've still yet to see an in-film model of what he looks like and his height. People are saying he's massive, yet when they all bowed I couldn't even find him in the group lol! He wouldn't bother becoming an alpha since he doesn't have aggro, he seems passive.

Kong is a reluctant King, but if he knew he had to step up for the world's sake, he would. Especially if it's on the brink of destruction.
Agree with all this but the world was at stake with Ghidorah and what did Kong do nothing except worry about Skull Island
I never worked this hard all my life since the time I lost my virginity.-Gareth Edwards SDCC 2012

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Post by GuardianGhido »

_JNavs_ wrote:
GuardianGhido wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Ghidorah had no idea Mothra was even alive until the final act, so I think it's a bit unfair to assume the others wouldn't take advantage and destroy the egg.

I doubt it. He knew that Ghidorah was calling the titans to lay the world to waste but they didn't touch Skull Island yet so he didn't consider that any of his business till the Skullcrawlers heard him. He's the King of Skull Island. Not the King of the Monsters. Though I suppose he might consider taking the throne if maybe Skull Island is destroyed or something.

Also one advantage Mothra might have about proving her dominance to any grounded monster would be her aerial mobility and potential projectiles in the form of God Rays which would allow her to outmaneuver and bombard her opponents while staying out of their reach, maybe she could web them up before swooping in to finish them off. Those webs of hers are extremely strong if they were able to restrain King Ghidorah to the point that he couldn't move two of his heads. And since only a single burst from her God Rays (at least I think that's what she did) instantly blew away enough clouds from an overcast sky to reveal the sun, I imagine if she could spam them on a single target (like her Heisei incarnation who blasted her beam at Godzilla to the point of knocking him down) she could be a real force to be reckoned with and could take down most grounded Kaijus as they don't seem to have good ranged attacks to shoot her down. (Kong could maybe try to throw things at her, but considering Mothra's speed, she'd probably manage to dodge them)

As for Rodan, he had the advantage of ambushing her at the start of the fight to gain an upper hand and he maintained it through the entire fight by relentlessly attacking her while her guard was still down. If Mothra could get in some ranged attacks before Rodan closed in, I doubt Rodan would be able to almost defeat her so easily. (He'd still put up a huge fight and wound Mothra pretty badly,but maybe not to the point where she's on her last legs) God Rays could blind and damage Rodan or maybe the silk spit could tie up his wings if Mothra is accurate enough. If she wasn't blindsided at the start, there is a possibility the fight against Rodan wouldn't be as one sided.

This is all speculation yeah, but I'm pretty sure we haven't really seen everything this Mothra can supposedly do either. Previous Mothras have been solid ranged fighters so far and we haven't really seen this Mothra fight at long range yet so I don't think she's as weak as she seems so far besides her low durability. I doubt she was given the title of Queen of The Monsters and considered a powerful protector titan just because she's Godzilla's accessory who barely helps out while Godzilla does most of the work so I doubt we've really seen her true power yet. Hopefully she'll get her chance to shine later if the Monsterverse continues.
Last edited by GuardianGhido on Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
DirektorSplennic wrote:Mr Goji, eabaker, and LSD are like the (un)Holy Trinity of Kaiju Kino.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Her stinger is pretty nasty too, able to easily pierce through Rodan’s rocky hide and completely take him out of the fight. Those front arms were also enough to send him reeling with a good smack. The only real disadvantage that Mothra would have, would be her smaller size.

Kong, as far as right now goes, literally does not care about other Titans nor the rest of the world. Unless they were to invade Skull Island, the former is more than content with staying on his own home and ruling it versus a whole pantheon of Titans. He wouldn’t be the new top alpha, because he doesn’t want to be.

#BotM

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

I'd throw my hat in for either Mothra or Behemoth. Mothra is extremely agile and her stinger could punch through Rodan's rock armor with ease. Her God Rays could also be used as an intimidation display or as a means to pacify the titans?

Behemoth looks like he could dominate through sheer brute force or intimidation. He's looks to be almost as tall as Godzilla and I would not want to be on the receiving end of those tusks. Granted we never see him fight other monsters, only smash up buildings but come on, he totally looks like he is built to kick ass. And he's fireproof.
Last edited by Breakdown on Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Obviously Kong.

Especially given if we take the novelization into account.
Spoiler:
Where he makes an actual appearance and resists Ghidorah's call. This implies he's an alpha like him and Godzilla.
And especially since given the point, title and premise of the next film he's going to be able to hold his own against Godzilla.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Mothra briefly sauced up Rodan, potentially even temp-paralyzing him with that stinger. But that won't save her from some of these other kaiju. The God Rays can be used to blind and direct, but if a rival Titan ever steps up, it'll just see a glowing target to aim for. She's tough for a kaiju, she's smart for a kaiju, but she wouldn't be able to hold her own, unless she becomes a Legend of Zelda "light that guides the way" type.

The way I rank Alpha material, is they've gotta be able to run the gauntlet of Titans successfully, or almost peak. Godzilla could do it, a 300ft Kong could likely do it, Ghidorah no doubt could do it.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

B34sT
Interpol Agent

Post by B34sT »

If Kong wasn't stuck in the vortex of Skull Island probably him. Otherwise Rodan or Mothra. Rodan actually had the audacity to fight Ghidorah for the alpha position while Mothra is about equal strength or less than Rodan.

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Post by GuardianGhido »

_JNavs_ wrote:Mothra briefly sauced up Rodan, potentially even temp-paralyzing him with that stinger. But that won't save her from some of these other kaiju. The God Rays can be used to blind and direct, but if a rival Titan ever steps up, it'll just see a glowing target to aim for. She's tough for a kaiju, she's smart for a kaiju, but she wouldn't be able to hold her own, unless she becomes a Legend of Zelda "light that guides the way" type.

The way I rank Alpha material, is they've gotta be able to run the gauntlet of Titans successfully, or almost peak. Godzilla could do it, a 300ft Kong could likely do it, Ghidorah no doubt could do it.
But how exactly would other Titans barring the Male MUTO and Rodan reach said glowing target thousands of feet in the air? Her flight gives her an immense advantage over most other Kaiju who are grounded and would have no chance of attacking her unless she she came near them, so hit and run tactics combined with webs to create openings would wear down most grounded Kaiju as they'd have a hard time hitting her when she webs them up, swoops close to attack and flies back up before being hit while being completely unable to reliably attack her at all when she's flying around shooting webs and God Rays. I don't think she'd have any trouble dodging things thrown at her either (Kong could be smart enough to predict her movements and lead his shot though, he might have a chance). Also I could have sworn the cloud dispersing clip on Monarch Sciences showed or something (Sure the wings also did a lot, but I think the rays helped too) so since we haven't really seen them used too much in battle yet, I have a hunch they wouldn't only serve as a flashbang and nothing else if they can be directed at a single target.

In my opinion, the Male MUTO, Rodan and Kong are the only Kaiju she'd have trouble with if she ran the gauntlet. The rest should be feasible for a Kaiju that can fly out of their range without any fear of ranged attacks or accurate projectiles, stun them with webs for free hits and potentially blast them with her own projectiles too. This should net her a good shot at being Alpha. (About the same as Rodan or Kong, maybe slightly above depending on if her God Rays can do any damage or any future fights which might be more impressive)

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

I think her God Rays are only really good at frying eyeballs tbh, like a flashbang.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Post by GuardianGhido »

Breakdown wrote:I think her God Rays are only really good at frying eyeballs tbh, like a flashbang.
But still, we have yet to see them being properly used in combat. Beside that, in the movie I think Mothra used them to physically blow a bunch of clouds away which would equate to it doing something other than just providing light shows, but never used them offensively afterwards despite them being stated to be "Weaponized Bioluminescence" (I know weaponized can mean fllashbangs but still I think it'd be worded differently if that was the case. I doubt they'd call them "God Rays" if they were just bright lights and not actual rays or beams). It'd be a real bummer if Godzilla and King Ghidorah are the only monsters with proper damaging ranged attacks. We'll see if she does something with that in her next fight in the Monsterverse if it continues. It's not like she's a complete weakling so far either as she did take out Rodan(Rodan's no pushover for anyone that isn't Ghiddy) but I'm holding my hopes for a really strong Mothra who really deserves her title as Queen and possible Co-Alpha to Godzilla.
Last edited by GuardianGhido on Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:37 am, edited 6 times in total.

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Obviously Kong.

Especially given if we take the novelization into account.
Spoiler:
Where he makes an actual appearance and resists Ghidorah's call. This implies he's an alpha like him and Godzilla.
And especially since given the point, title and premise of the next film he's going to be able to hold his own against Godzilla.

Except that he's too much of an isolationist to even care.

If the rumors about
Spoiler:
the Titans moving on in to Skull Island
are true. Then that would be the only way how he would even care. That of if Ghidorah choose to attack him, and I'm not even sure if Ghidorah even knew about Kong at all.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

B34sT wrote:If Kong wasn't stuck in the vortex of Skull Island probably him. Otherwise Rodan or Mothra. Rodan actually had the audacity to fight Ghidorah for the alpha position while Mothra is about equal strength or less than Rodan.
Rodan came off as more of a beta wolf challenging an alpha wolf.
Breakdown wrote:I think her God Rays are only really good at frying eyeballs tbh, like a flashbang.
Yeah I was let down by that. They made it sound like she could fire lasers in her profile.

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Post by GuardianGhido »

Living Corpse wrote:
Yeah I was let down by that. They made it sound like she could fire lasers in her profile.
Maybe she can and we just haven't seen her use God Rays at high intensity yet? (Rodan was quite up close so she didn't have any chances to fire and she was planning to divebomb KG instead of firing any beams) If God Rays combined with wing flaps could clear a stormy sky of clouds (I think the texts also mentioned her "shattering the skies" which I doubt a light show would be enough to do), they should be able to do damage if Mothra puts any real power into them. My posts above go into detailed speculation about that. I hope we get to see her fire Full Power God Rays in possible future monsterverse movies!
Last edited by GuardianGhido on Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:29 am, edited 3 times in total.