Godzilla vs Kong! Who should win at the end?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505

Godzilla vs Kong! Who should win at the end?

GODZILLA
68%
KING KONG
23%
I want to see a draw!
9%

Total votes: 74

Dynomy-DX
Interpol Agent

Re: Godzilla vs Kong! Who should win at the end?

Post by Dynomy-DX »

Moogabunga wrote:Those who voted for Kong should be immediately banned and forced to go to the most popular Kong forum (good luck finding one though)

The bottom line is Kong sucks monkey balls. However, it's obvious they'll go with Kong as the underdog and end up victorious - it's too god damn predictable which is why my hype for this movie will easily be the lowest of any Monsterverse film (barring Kong: Skull Island). To make matters worse though, I have a strong feeling they'll turn Godzilla antagonistic which makes NO SENSE in the context of this universe and would be forced as hell to desperately get people to root for the dumb monkey.
As someone on Team Godzilla... Come on, man. You’re overreacting over Kong here. You don’t have to like him, but if people want him to win, then they want him to win. They are entitled to their opinion.
Reignited... and hopefully less weird this time around.

I'm a guy with simple interests. Mostly revolving around monsters blowing up entire cities.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Dynomy-DX wrote:
Moogabunga wrote:Those who voted for Kong should be immediately banned and forced to go to the most popular Kong forum (good luck finding one though)

The bottom line is Kong sucks monkey balls. However, it's obvious they'll go with Kong as the underdog and end up victorious - it's too god damn predictable which is why my hype for this movie will easily be the lowest of any Monsterverse film (barring Kong: Skull Island). To make matters worse though, I have a strong feeling they'll turn Godzilla antagonistic which makes NO SENSE in the context of this universe and would be forced as hell to desperately get people to root for the dumb monkey.
As someone on Team Godzilla... Come on, man. You’re overreacting over Kong here. You don’t have to like him, but if people want him to win, then they want him to win. They are entitled to their opinion.
Plus Godzilla has lost to more embarrassing things than a giant sasquatch. Like bacteria, a bubble bath, two baby silkworms, Dean Devlin & Ronald Emmerich. :lol:

Really I just want a good fight. If Godzilla wins, bonus cause he's my childhood hero. If Kong wins, bonus cause it pisses off "Godzilla never loses" crowd. The only way this is a lose (to me) is if they make it a draw. Now they said no draw. Could they be lying? Sure but we'll wait and see. I don't want this movie to bomb but unless we're getting Gamera in future films I don't mind if it does either. We got 4 Hollywood films and that's a win in my book, anything more is cherry on top.

Gailah 1966
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gailah 1966 »

Living Corpse wrote:
Dynomy-DX wrote:

Plus Godzilla has lost to more embarrassing things than a giant sasquatch. Like bacteria, a bubble bath, two baby silkworms, Dean Devlin & Ronald Emmerich. :lol:

Really I just want a good fight. If Godzilla wins, bonus cause he's my childhood hero. If Kong wins, bonus cause it pisses off "Godzilla never loses" crowd. The only way this is a lose (to me) is if they make it a draw. Now they said no draw. Could they be lying? Sure but we'll wait and see. I don't want this movie to bomb but unless we're getting Gamera in future films I don't mind if it does either. We got 4 Hollywood films and that's a win in my book, anything more is cherry on top.
If fans want to see a draw... maybe they do it as "fan service" :D

But nobody wants to see a draw so far...
BIG FAN SURVEY 2023 --> viewtopic.php?t=34920
BIG FAN SURVEY 2020 --> viewtopic.php?t=30470
Video of 2020´s results --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUxyzsQxwa4

MorgolKing
GPN Volunteer

Post by MorgolKing »

I would be really upset if Kong wins after the 1972 movie ending.

Hoping we get several good fights between the two with Godzilla winning in the end. No team up during this movie...save the CGI money to have the two fight several times.

Thunderbird
Monsterland Worker

Post by Thunderbird »

This, 100%

US audiences are clearly dumb enough to insist on Just Another Kong Victory and thanks to KOTM's box office Legendary could be forced to provide it.

I won't mind an initial Kong win if it ultimately leads to Godzilla's victory, but if plot leaks indicate that Kong takes the film I'll skip the opening weekend and perhaps the theatrical run itself if its really that bad.

I won't hype the film on social media the way I did with G'14 and GKOTM, I know that much. The troll armies and buzzkillers on FB and TK took the fun right out of it.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Godzilla for the win. Don't kill Kong. Don't kill any of them. There's way more potential for the two if the MV continues.

ebirah_scampi
Interpol Agent

Post by ebirah_scampi »

I voted for draw because I want to see a knock down, drag out fight where neither monster has the upper hand and both inflict massive damage on their opponent but can't put them down. These two should be the indisputable top of the Titan food chain with their own respective strengths, Kong being physically stronger and faster but Godzilla being more durable with more variety and ranged attacks, I don't need either of them to dominate the other because that's boring.

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Post by GuardianGhido »

ebirah_scampi wrote:I voted for draw because I want to see a knock down, drag out fight where neither monster has the upper hand and both inflict massive damage on their opponent but can't put them down. These two should be the indisputable top of the Titan food chain with their own respective strengths, Kong being physically stronger and faster but Godzilla being more durable with more variety and ranged attacks, I don't need either of them to dominate the other because that's boring.
What? Sure Kong could be pretty strong if he grows up, I don't think he'll ever reach the raw strength of Godzilla.
I do agree on the domination things though, the fight should be close but ultimately I say Godzilla should be the victor.
DirektorSplennic wrote:Mr Goji, eabaker, and LSD are like the (un)Holy Trinity of Kaiju Kino.

ebirah_scampi
Interpol Agent

Post by ebirah_scampi »

GuardianGhido wrote:
ebirah_scampi wrote:I voted for draw because I want to see a knock down, drag out fight where neither monster has the upper hand and both inflict massive damage on their opponent but can't put them down. These two should be the indisputable top of the Titan food chain with their own respective strengths, Kong being physically stronger and faster but Godzilla being more durable with more variety and ranged attacks, I don't need either of them to dominate the other because that's boring.
What? Sure Kong could be pretty strong if he grows up, I don't think he'll ever reach the raw strength of Godzilla.
I do agree on the domination things though, the fight should be close but ultimately I say Godzilla should be the victor.
At a size closer to Godzilla Kong should have more muscle mass than Godzilla. Heck even if he didn't have more overall he'd have stronger muscle as an ape, look at how strong a chimp is relative to larger humans.

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Post by GuardianGhido »

ebirah_scampi wrote:
GuardianGhido wrote:
At a size closer to Godzilla Kong should have more muscle mass than Godzilla. Heck even if he didn't have more overall he'd have stronger muscle as an ape, look at how strong a chimp is relative to larger humans.
But this is no mere reptile we're talking about this is Godzilla. If you try to make his physical feats grounded and realistic, you'll end up with Zilla. His Heisei incarnation could pick up and toss a Mechagodzilla that was more than twice as heavy as he was so I don't think this one will struggle with a giant ape smaller than him. (Speed though, he's totally beaten in, I'll give Kong and most other Kaiju that.)
Last edited by GuardianGhido on Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:31 am, edited 3 times in total.
DirektorSplennic wrote:Mr Goji, eabaker, and LSD are like the (un)Holy Trinity of Kaiju Kino.

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

MorgolKing wrote:I would be really upset if Kong wins after the 1972 movie ending.
Yeah I'd be really upset if Kong won as well after Godzilla and Anguirus swam away at the end of Godzilla vs. Gigan (1972)... clearly Godzilla has it coming. ;-)

On a serious note, I'm not particularly partial to either one winning. Fine if it goes either way... just as long as Rodan isn't used as canon fodder to kick things into motion.
If it bites... don't mess with it!

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Post by GuardianGhido »

Arbok wrote:just as long as Rodan isn't used as canon fodder to kick things into motion.
Yes please! Leave Rodan out of Godzilla and Kong's fight and let him shine in a potential solo outing or another Godzilla sequel later on.
Overall I'd prefer this to be an uninterrupted 1 on 1 fight with no backup or titan army or a third party intervening or stuff like that. Just give us a good monster brawl that shows that both of them are super strong and won't back down but have Godzilla ultimately win without killing Kong.
Last edited by GuardianGhido on Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

ebirah_scampi
Interpol Agent

Post by ebirah_scampi »

GuardianGhido wrote:
ebirah_scampi wrote:
GuardianGhido wrote: What? Sure Kong could be pretty strong if he grows up, I don't think he'll ever reach the raw strength of Godzilla.
But this is no mere reptile we're talking about this is Godzilla. If you try to make his physical feats grounded and realistic, you'll end up with Zilla. His Heisei incarnation could pick up and toss a Mechagodzilla that was more than twice as heavy as he was so I don't think this one will struggle with a giant ape smaller than him. (Speed though, he's totally beaten in, I'll give Kong and most other Kaiju that.)
Just as Godzilla isn't just a big lizard, Kong isn't just a big gorilla. If someone was able to build a gym that could house both of them at this size Kong would be able to lift more weight just based on how his arms are built alone.

BrazilianKaiju
Samurai

Post by BrazilianKaiju »

GuardianGhido wrote:
ebirah_scampi wrote:
GuardianGhido wrote: What? Sure Kong could be pretty strong if he grows up, I don't think he'll ever reach the raw strength of Godzilla.
Agree.

This movie should not even exist. They had to change so much the Kong so that he could fight against godzilla, which became absurd.

Let's be honest, kong chances are merely because he's American. We have much more powerfull monsters (clover, pacific rim's kaijus, others japanese Kaijus) that are almost ready to fight against Godzilla with few or any power up/ reformulation. Kong is only an American icon.

Sorry for my precarious english

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Thunderbird wrote:

This, 100%

US audiences are clearly dumb enough to insist on Just Another Kong Victory and thanks to KOTM's box office Legendary could be forced to provide it.

I won't mind an initial Kong win if it ultimately leads to Godzilla's victory, but if plot leaks indicate that Kong takes the film I'll skip the opening weekend and perhaps the theatrical run itself if its really that bad.

I won't hype the film on social media the way I did with G'14 and GKOTM, I know that much. The troll armies and buzzkillers on FB and TK took the fun right out of it.
so people who want Kong to win are apparently Neanderthals? :roll: i don't know what problem you two have but it needs to stop, this is simply ridicoulus.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

What did King Kong do to you guys.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

This poll needs a 4th option: I just want a good movie/fights.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:What did King Kong do to you guys.
Nothing, it's G fanboys. And I say this as a Godzilla fan, but some people get pissy if you remind them he lost to baby worms and an ape.

BrazilianKaiju
Samurai

Post by BrazilianKaiju »

Nothing against Kong. But I don't like these crossovers between characters from completely different levels.

I don't like the idea of ​​Godzilla facing the avengers, for exemple, as has already happened in the comic books.

Godzilla is so strong to fight against Kong. This kong is for the original something like Zilla is for Godzilla.

Godzilla2020
GPN Volunteer

Post by Godzilla2020 »

Arbok wrote:
MorgolKing wrote:I would be really upset if Kong wins after the 1972 movie ending.
Yeah I'd be really upset if Kong won as well after Godzilla and Anguirus swam away at the end of Godzilla vs. Gigan (1972)... clearly Godzilla has it coming. ;-)

On a serious note, I'm not particularly partial to either one winning. Fine if it goes either way... just as long as Rodan isn't used as canon fodder to kick things into motion.
I would want a Godzilla victory but I definitely agree on the note of no worfing Rodan. Angirus has gotten more than enough of that in the Showa Era, we don't need Rodan to be next.

Thunderbird wrote:This, 100%

This is a massive overreaction. I'm also on Team Godzilla, but I don't hate Kong by any means.
Last edited by Godzilla2020 on Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:24 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

Want: Kong getting murdered lol. And no, Godzilla is definitely not the strongest kaiju out there before you label me as one. Tons and tons of Ultra kaiju can easily kill him

Think: Don't know, but either way, they'll spare each other. I'm inclining to believe Godzilla though because it makes more sense given the context of KOTM.
Long Live The King