Godzilla vs Kong! Who should win at the end?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505

GODZILLA
68%
KING KONG
23%
I want to see a draw!
9%

Total votes: 74

Gailah 1966
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gailah 1966 »

There it is! THE big poll for all fans of the upcoming Godzilla vs Kong moive 2020.
BIG FAN SURVEY 2023 --> viewtopic.php?t=34920
BIG FAN SURVEY 2020 --> viewtopic.php?t=30470
Video of 2020´s results --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUxyzsQxwa4

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Re: Godzilla vs Kong! Who should win at the end?

Post by GuardianGhido »

Godzilla. Kong could put up a huge fight, but ultimately, he has no hope of rationally and compellingly beating Godzilla without executive meddling or copouts.
DirektorSplennic wrote:Mr Goji, eabaker, and LSD are like the (un)Holy Trinity of Kaiju Kino.

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

Kong is the underdog and there's no way the underdog would lose.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

Dino4ex
Samurai

Post by Dino4ex »

Kong is a thinking animal, duh.
Giant Carnivorous Ants

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Post by GuardianGhido »

Having the Underdog always win is cliche to me. And Godzilla is also a thinking animal.
DirektorSplennic wrote:Mr Goji, eabaker, and LSD are like the (un)Holy Trinity of Kaiju Kino.

Dynomy-DX
Interpol Agent

Post by Dynomy-DX »

My expectations: Kong’s gonna win because he’s up against immeasurable odds and the audience is gonna sympathize with him more. Odds are Godzilla will have his character make a hard 90 degree turn to be more antagonistic or something.

What I want: Godzilla wins. We already got Kong’s victory by Toho in 1962. It would be cool if in the Legendary version, Godzilla won. Plus, it’d be a nice twist to have Kong be treated as the aggressor, with beating Godzilla having dire consequences (Titans are now more dangerous as Godzilla isn’t seen as top dog anymore, and Kong doesn’t exactly realize the consequences.) then come the final round, Godzilla has to reclaim his title to once again maintain the natural balance.
Reignited... and hopefully less weird this time around.

I'm a guy with simple interests. Mostly revolving around monsters blowing up entire cities.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

King Kong just to piss off the "Godzilla da strongest an never loses" crowd.

I just want a good fight(s), none of this one sided one hit slaughter the aforementioned group wants.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

Living Corpse wrote:King Kong just to piss off the "Godzilla da strongest an never loses" crowd.

I just want a good fight(s), none of this one sided one hit slaughter the aforementioned group wants.
sounds like a boogeyman tbh

This is also the logic some writers over at the KWC section use just to write matches exclusively to spite others (that somehow still get accepted)
Last edited by gottatalktothefake on Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

JesstrK
G-Force Personnel

Post by JesstrK »

GuardianGhido wrote:Having the Underdog always win is cliche to me. And Godzilla is also a thinking animal.
In a meta sense Godzilla is the underdog, since most of us probably expect (not necessarily want, but expect) Kong to win for that reason, plus how apes and mammals in general tend to win in most media.

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

Dynomy-DX wrote:Odds are Godzilla will have his character make a hard 90 degree turn to be more antagonistic or something.
I doubt it.

My bet is that Kong will be the antagonist of GvsK, manipulated into fighting Godzilla by Jonah's organization, and if/when he wins it will be the catalyst for another kaiju apocalypse when those other Titans from KotM start to go rogue in Godzilla's absence. Kong won't bother stopping them because he's only interested in protecting Skull Island. The human protagonists will either need to take down Jonah so Kong is no longer a threat or convince Kong to let Godzilla restore balance without intervening.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

JesstrK
G-Force Personnel

Post by JesstrK »

Living Corpse wrote:King Kong just to piss off the "Godzilla da strongest an never loses" crowd.

Pretty sure very few on team Godzilla actually want that. I know I don’t; I want to see Godzilla win but only just barely after a long brutal fight.

Wanting Kong to win just out of spite isn’t much better than that crowd you mentioned IMO.

Added in 10 minutes 12 seconds:
Ivo-goji wrote:
Dynomy-DX wrote:Odds are Godzilla will have his character make a hard 90 degree turn to be more antagonistic or something.
I doubt it.

My bet is that Kong will be the antagonist of GvsK, manipulated into fighting Godzilla by Jonah's organization, and if/when he wins it will be the catalyst for another kaiju apocalypse when those other Titans from KotM start to go rogue in Godzilla's absence. Kong won't bother stopping them because he's only interested in protecting Skull Island. The human protagonists will either need to take down Jonah so Kong is no longer a threat or convince Kong to let Godzilla restore balance without intervening.
. I like this, but with a Rocky 3 type scenario. The champ (Godzilla) gets defeated by the new, younger upstart (Kong), then comes back to reclaim his crown in round 2. Then they each get a win.

Dynomy-DX
Interpol Agent

Post by Dynomy-DX »

JesstrK wrote:
Ivo-goji wrote:
I doubt it.

. I like this, but with a Rocky 3 type scenario. The champ (Godzilla) gets defeated by the new, younger upstart (Kong), then comes back to reclaim his crown in round 2. Then they each get a win.
Honestly? This is my preferred scenario. Both sides get a win, and it retains the status quo for the two of them. Kong isn’t forced to maintain an entire planet’s worth of monsters, and Godzilla can still remain active if the Monsterverse continues for future sequels.
Reignited... and hopefully less weird this time around.

I'm a guy with simple interests. Mostly revolving around monsters blowing up entire cities.

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

I expect Kong to put up a hell of a fight but ultimately lose by being overwhelmed, Especially after KOTM I don't see Kong being victorious without multiple titans at his aid or human interference. Or Kong somehow gets an upgrade similar to in the original he was given electricity powers.

I mean we both know they will eventually team up, but it will be interesting to show neither of them as push-overs.

Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Post by Moogabunga »

Those who voted for Kong should be immediately banned and forced to go to the most popular Kong forum (good luck finding one though)

The bottom line is Kong sucks monkey balls. However, it's obvious they'll go with Kong as the underdog and end up victorious - it's too god damn predictable which is why my hype for this movie will easily be the lowest of any Monsterverse film (barring Kong: Skull Island). To make matters worse though, I have a strong feeling they'll turn Godzilla antagonistic which makes NO SENSE in the context of this universe and would be forced as hell to desperately get people to root for the dumb monkey.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

XxComablack1937xX wrote:I expect Kong to put up a hell of a fight but ultimately lose by being overwhelmed, Especially after KOTM I don't see Kong being victorious without multiple titans at his aid or human interference. Or Kong somehow gets an upgrade similar to in the original he was given electricity powers.

I mean we both know they will eventually team up, but it will be interesting to show neither of them as push-overs.
Godzilla's abilities at the end of KOTM were circumstantial, meaning things have to happen to allow him to use it. With the exception of his Atomic Breath, I don't think Godzilla is gonna have access to any powers in his fight with King Kong.
Moogabunga wrote:Those who voted for Kong should be immediately banned and forced to go to the most popular Kong forum (good luck finding one though)

The bottom line is Kong sucks monkey balls. However, it's obvious they'll go with Kong as the underdog and end up victorious - it's too god damn predictable which is why my hype for this movie will easily be the lowest of any Monsterverse film (barring Kong: Skull Island). To make matters worse though, I have a strong feeling they'll turn Godzilla antagonistic which makes NO SENSE in the context of this universe and would be forced as hell to desperately get people to root for the dumb monkey.
And attitudes like this is why I want Godzilla to lose. Godzilla has lost before and yet guys like you choose to forget it and then act like it's blasphemy when it happens again later on.

Also, no one has to be a villain for this fight to happen. Godzilla is trying to herd monsters away from humans, Kong is trying to keep his home. In essence both are in the right and the wrong. It's a grey area.

Alucard
Xilien Halfling

Post by Alucard »

Moogabunga wrote:Those who voted for Kong should be immediately banned and forced to go to the most popular Kong forum (good luck finding one though)

I assure you that there are some people here, like Living Corpse, who have been on this forum back before you even realized it existed. (Judging by your join dates, of course.) You advocating for him to leave and find a better forum leaves a bad taste in my mouth. He's absolutely right about what he said about attitudes like this ruining the fun of seeing two titans duke it out.
SuperSaiyan4Godzilla wrote:
wataru wrote:It's not huge and it's white.
LIKE YO DICK!

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

>People who disagree with me should be banned
How about no
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

needs an "i don't care who wins i just wanna see the big lizard and monkey boi fight" option.

Added in 4 minutes 13 seconds:

wow , triggered much? it's not like Godzilla losing is gonna be the end of the world, stop acting like Kong pooped on your mom.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Post by Smuggers »

The audience, on the off-chance that this movie actually turns out to be good.
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.
goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

I’d really prefer for Godzilla to win. At this point he’s arguably more of a hero than Kong (saves the world at least twice, four times if you count the comics and perhaps more over the millions of years of his existence while Kong has sat on his island), and to be frank the underdog miraculously winning has become a cliche by this point; audiences almost always expect the underdog to pull off a win against seemingly insurmountable odds. Turning that on it’s head and having Godzilla win anyways would be fun, though Kong will definitely put up a good fight before he goes down.
tyrantgoji wrote:stop acting like Kong pooped on your mom.
I’VE COME TO MAKE AN ANNOUNCEMENT
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST