What ruined your day?

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
GoWhaleTours
JXSDF Technician

Re: What ruined your day?

Post by GoWhaleTours »

My girlfriend of a year and a half just broke up with me.
GO GO GOJI KUN

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

GoWhaleTours wrote:My girlfriend of a year and a half just broke up with me.
That sucks. I`ve been through similar things before. I suggest thinking about what caused it; if it`s something you can fix with yourself and not superficial, do it, but otherwise some people are just not meant for each other.

To look at it positively, you can enjoy some independence for a while; and while I know this might not be what you`re thinking of right now, bear in mind down the line there will be more women, and that you`ll be able to meet someone new and exciting.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

A friend of mine at work apparently got let go. No idea why. He's been a story producer on the same show for several consecutive seasons, and now all of a sudden in the middle of a season he's out.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

G2000 wrote:
I don’t like Canadians so I see this as a win
Are you still getting random phone calls from them?
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Are you still getting random phone calls from them?
They seem to have stopped for the time being
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

G2000 wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Are you still getting random phone calls from them?
They seem to have stopped for the time being
It's not over till the PM apologizes to you.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Titanoterror98
Interpol Agent

Post by Titanoterror98 »

Made a bunch of embaressing mistakes around the house, almost all of which drove my dad to the brink of his sanity. Also found out that HotDiggedityDemon's a racist, a misogynist, and a xenophobe--none of which was an act in one of his videos--today so there's one more Youtuber I liked who turned out to be a complete a-hole.
"Kaiju are underrated." - Me
"Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own." - Proverbs 3:5
"The only lemon content that should be on the internet is Lemon Demon music." - The Dapper Critter(A.K.A. Also me)

godzilla98rules
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla98rules »

My mom is in Little Rock with abdominal gangrene. Someone do me a favor and just put me out of my misery....... -_-
godzilla98rules's Digital Paintings & More: http://godzilla98artworks.weebly.com/index.html
GeekyAustin: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQloD4 ... EJpzdZq3ag

Resized Image Resized Image

R.I.P. George Root III

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Head of our company is out of town. Head of our company has to watch a cut of a feature this weekend. Head of company needs to be able to download it and play it back on his phone. Head of company thought about none of this before leaving town. Yesterday morning, had to send him a downloadable link for the cut. Can't get it to download because it's too big (he eventually informs my boss and I, who are both not working, because it's the weekend). Middle of the night last night when I got home, I had to start running it through media encoder to compress it. Left a version running over night, woke this morning to find I'd cut it down to a little over 1/3 the original size, send it out. Early afternoon, find out it's still too small. He wants it at most 1/5th that size (!!!), ideally 1/10th (!!!!!). Boss and I both create smaller versions, but the lowest I get to is about 1/3 that size (1/9th the original size) before my adjustments start making any real difference.

Boss is insisting we find a solution to making it even smaller. At this point, I'm changing advanced settings in Media Encoder almost at random hoping something shrinks it a ton. Changes are barely making a difference.

This is my goddamned Sunday.

I better get some serious time off in exchange.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Titanoterror98 wrote:Made a bunch of embaressing mistakes around the house, almost all of which drove my dad to the brink of his sanity. Also found out that HotDiggedityDemon's a racist, a misogynist, and a xenophobe--none of which was an act in one of his videos--today so there's one more Youtuber I liked who turned out to be a complete a-hole.
excuse me, but WHAT THE ACTUAL SKREEEEOOONK!?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Titanoterror98
Interpol Agent

Post by Titanoterror98 »

tyrantgoji wrote:
Titanoterror98 wrote:Made a bunch of embaressing mistakes around the house, almost all of which drove my dad to the brink of his sanity. Also found out that HotDiggedityDemon's a racist, a misogynist, and a xenophobe--none of which was an act in one of his videos--today so there's one more Youtuber I liked who turned out to be a complete a-hole.
Yep. I'm afraid so.

Might as well leave the evidence here:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D5p2K_TUYAY ... ame=medium
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D5sKBinUYAA ... name=small
And the final nail in the coffin, https://dragondicks.tumblr.com/post/118 ... -literally
"Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own." - Proverbs 3:5
"The only lemon content that should be on the internet is Lemon Demon music." - The Dapper Critter(A.K.A. Also me)

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Titanoterror98 wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:
Yep. I'm afraid so.

And the final nail in the coffin, https://dragondicks.tumblr.com/post/118 ... -literally
..... i.... i just don't know what to say....

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Titanoterror98
Interpol Agent

Post by Titanoterror98 »

tyrantgoji wrote:
Titanoterror98 wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:
Yep. I'm afraid so.

..... i.... i just don't know what to say....
Sadly, there's not much to say. A talented guy we liked turned out to be a huge jerk--it's depressingly common. But you can take solace knowing that you aren't the only who was disappointed by him, and that for every jerk like him, there are still ten more people who are just talented and genuinely good human beings.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

I can't be the only one who always found HDD to be extremely obnoxious, perverted, and just plain unfunny, right?

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Honestly, I liked that new BrainDump thing he did but he was never funny to me. I QUICKLY became apparent how much of his jokes were unironic shock value (I still remember watching one of his old series where he has a dweeb say "Make a video where Mario WAS EDGY and lived in the real world" and laughing at how stupid that would be...…and then remember he made it) so finding out not all of it is humor and he's a POS is not surprising sadly

RIP Evan.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

godzilla98rules wrote:My mom is in Little Rock with abdominal gangrene. Someone do me a favor and just put me out of my misery....... -_-
Ah jesus man, hope things get better for you both.
Titanoterror98 wrote:A talented guy we liked turned out to be a huge jerk--it's depressingly common.
At least two people I know who have been complete assholes to me and others have gone on to get interviews with authors and movie stars.

Fuck life sometimes.

Titanoterror98
Interpol Agent

Post by Titanoterror98 »

UltramanGoji wrote:I can't be the only one who always found HDD to be extremely obnoxious, perverted, and just plain unfunny, right?
I'm actually disappointed in myself for not catching on sooner. -_-

Added in 2 minutes 28 seconds:
godzilla98rules wrote:My mom is in Little Rock with abdominal gangrene. Someone do me a favor and just put me out of my misery....... -_-
Hang in there, man. I know it's hard, but you've got to be there to support her. You've got to have faith things will get better.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

I can't even imagine that, man.

Hoping things get better for you, man.

RIP Evan.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

Titanoterror98 wrote:so there's one more Youtuber I liked who turned out to be a complete a-hole.
What youtubers do you not like?

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

I hate this world. I hate the evil scum that sit idly by while people suffer. I hate that I have to live here, on this planet, among these people.

What's the point of living in a world that's so corrupt and vile that the only rational and morally correct approach is to sit and do nothing while innocent people are tortured murdered? Why live in a world that considers genocide to be the best option? Why, honestly, should one even consider continuing to live in such a world?

About the only solace is that humanity is as stupidly self destructive as it is cruel and heartless. We probably won't be around in a century or two, and you know what? Thank god for that. Is this is the result of the civilization we created then it should have never existed in the first place.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.