The “OTHER” Monsters (Spoilers Ahead)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
CCMan
Ronin

Re: The “OTHER” Monsters (Spoilers Ahead)

Post by CCMan »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
CCMan wrote:I'd really like to know more about the new Muto. I love that they're allowed to continue in this franchise.
Complete agreement! While there was a lot of stock footage, and the appearance of the new Muto was sprase, I like how they actually feel like a part of the franchise now, rather then a random mook of the week.
Kinda funny that they now have more appearances than, say, Biollante or Spacegodzilla. That's pretty good for an American-only Kaiju.

Lonewolf36
Ronin

Post by Lonewolf36 »

_JNavs_ wrote:Where was Orochi and Manda?
Orochi i assume is one of the names on the screens as for Manda he was supposedly in the newspaper clippings during credits.
Living Corpse wrote:It's outpost 54.
Thanks! That one bugged me. It wasn't named in the novel an i couldn't remember it from the movie.

Godzillakuj94
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzillakuj94 »

Really wanted a full look at mountain boy

Ben Shapiro
Interpol Agent

Post by Ben Shapiro »

Lonewolf36 wrote:
Manda he was supposedly in the newspaper clippings
Lmfao, no he wasn’t, just TKers doing what they do best, stretch and reach until their arms break off :lol:
Facts don't care about your feelings

Lonewolf36
Ronin

Post by Lonewolf36 »

Ben Shapiro wrote:
Lonewolf36 wrote:
Manda he was supposedly in the newspaper clippings
Lmfao, no he wasn’t, just TKers doing what they do best, stretch and reach until their arms break off :lol:
Ok so no Manda then.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

I'm guessing the art book will give us a better look at some of the other monster concepts. At least I hope so.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

The MUTO was nice to see, hope it shows up in Godzilla vs Kong.
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Hey, does anyone know what the Kraken looks like? Or the Leviathan?

Lonewolf36
Ronin

Post by Lonewolf36 »

Cryptid_Liker wrote:Hey, does anyone know what the Kraken looks like? Or the Leviathan?
The leviathan is only stated to be from Loch Ness in the Novel, nothing more. But the Kraken is given a fairly good description. From the Novel...

"They had learned quite a bit about Kraken. X-rays, sonic scans, DNA analysis, had built a picture of what he must be like. His central brain cavity was enormous, far larger than it needed to be to control his body, suggesting a certain amount of intelligence, not unlike his distant cousins, the octopuses – although unlike octopuses and squids, his head was protected by a dense, curving cone of shell. He had dozens of smaller brains associated with his limbs. Like octopoids, he could also change the color and pattern of his skin and shell; when they found him, he had been virtually invisible. They pinpointed his location by radiation signature and his bio-sonic emission. He had multiple hearts, and there was good evidence that he could regenerate limbs and, in fact, virtually any part of his body."

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Lonewolf36 wrote:
Cryptid_Liker wrote:Hey, does anyone know what the Kraken looks like? Or the Leviathan?
The leviathan is only stated to be from Loch Ness in the Novel, nothing more. But the Kraken is given a fairly good description. From the Novel...

"They had learned quite a bit about Kraken. X-rays, sonic scans, DNA analysis, had built a picture of what he must be like. His central brain cavity was enormous, far larger than it needed to be to control his body, suggesting a certain amount of intelligence, not unlike his distant cousins, the octopuses – although unlike octopuses and squids, his head was protected by a dense, curving cone of shell. He had dozens of smaller brains associated with his limbs. Like octopoids, he could also change the color and pattern of his skin and shell; when they found him, he had been virtually invisible. They pinpointed his location by radiation signature and his bio-sonic emission. He had multiple hearts, and there was good evidence that he could regenerate limbs and, in fact, virtually any part of his body."
Wow.

Ben Shapiro
Interpol Agent

Post by Ben Shapiro »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:I'm guessing the art book will give us a better look at some of the other monster concepts. At least I hope so.
Not the artbook, someone uploaded a video on YouTube thumbing through it and there’s nothing save for a depiction of the bowing scene and everyone’s just a silhouette.
Facts don't care about your feelings

D-Squared
Interpol Agent

Post by D-Squared »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:I'm guessing the art book will give us a better look at some of the other monster concepts. At least I hope so.
Unfortunately, nope. Our best hope is whenever Legendary allows their team to update the website to include the other Titans. When that'll be? No idea.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Lonewolf36 wrote:

This sounds so cool, I was going to say it sounds like Gezora, but this sounds so much cooler.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

PineappleProducer
Monsterland Worker

Post by PineappleProducer »

Behemoth for life.

I really hope we see these other monsters show up in later installments, but I'm not holding my breath.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

PineappleProducer wrote:Behemoth for life.

I really hope we see these other monsters show up in later installments, but I'm not holding my breath.
I'm sure we'll see them in GvK, Maybe as fodder for Godzilla and Kong.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

Was that Muto the same one from the comic?

Tyrant28
JXSDF Technician

Post by Tyrant28 »

KingKaiju wrote:Was that Muto the same one from the comic?
No, the New Muto is basically a stylized Femuto instead of Bayformers from Aftershock.
Last edited by Tyrant28 on Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrRockett wrote: They are a sticky bunch for sure. In 2014 all the guys were gathered around the Gravity booth to get a glimpse and maybe an autograph from Sandra Bullock. Some ass jockey decided to not crop dust the crowd, dude let off some straight napalm and cleared a 20 ft radius and didn’t flinch, he just moved up closer. I prayed Sandra wouldn’t catch a whiff, talk about Endgame....just gross.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

Tyrant28 wrote:
KingKaiju wrote:Was that Muto the same one from the comic?
No, the New Muto is basically a stylized Femuto instead of Bayformers from Aftershock.

Ah, ok. I knew that it looked a little different, but I didn’t know if that one that Godzilla fights in the comic was the same design,

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Lonewolf36 wrote:

I've noticed this, when they make an original monster to be a stand in of a character that is too normal or obscure for the GA to know who it is (Example Komunga, they'd just see it as a giant spider and not know why fans are geeking out, why waste money getting the rights?) they go the extra mile to give them something to make them an original character in their own right like Mother Longlegs.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Living Corpse wrote:
Lonewolf36 wrote:

I've noticed this, when they make an original monster to be a stand in of a character that is too normal or obscure for the GA to know who it is (Example Komunga, they'd just see it as a giant spider and not know why fans are geeking out, why waste money getting the rights?) they go the extra mile to give them something to make them an original character in their own right like Mother Longlegs.
That's one of the things I love about the Monsterverse, they give every monster something equally cool to the next. Feels godly and Lovecraftian