The “OTHER” Monsters (Spoilers Ahead)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Re: The “OTHER” Monsters (Spoilers Ahead)

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: I’ll admit I thought that too, but now it feels like we are getting excessive. Battra tbh doesn’t feel like the caliber of monster to really reference. Mothra egg works better just because it’s sort of sad if Mothra just died in the film.
Is the possibilities of two larvae (one Mothra, one Battra) out of the question?

GojiDog
G-Grasper

Post by GojiDog »

Cryptid_Liker wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote: I’ll admit I thought that too, but now it feels like we are getting excessive. Battra tbh doesn’t feel like the caliber of monster to really reference. Mothra egg works better just because it’s sort of sad if Mothra just died in the film.
Is the possibilities of two larvae (one Mothra, one Battra) out of the question?
Ooooh, what if they are the same species, with Mothras being the females and Battras the males?
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

I think Scylla (the spider) is my favorite of the new monsters. Though, of course, that being said I've always had a major soft spot for arthropod kaiju.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

vibramrunner
JXSDF Technician

Post by vibramrunner »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:

Yeah, it could be a Mothra egg...or a Battra egg!

BUM BUM BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUM!!!
I’ll admit I thought that too, but now it feels like we are getting excessive. Battra tbh doesn’t feel like the caliber of monster to really reference. Mothra egg works better just because it’s sort of sad if Mothra just died in the film. This and the Mutos reminded me of the showa era how monsters could reappear which was fun.
No, but maybe it is Battra, because according to one source, it was indicated in the credits that Mothra is still alive?!? I completely missed this (or it's fake?):

"Luckily, that's not the end of Mothra. News clippings in the film's closing credits suggest the Queen is simply regenerating, and will eventually emerge from another cocoon. The film also suggests that when she does return, Mothra won't be alone."

Read More: https://www.looper.com/154231/godzilla- ... paign=clip

Heck, maybe the second Mothra to come from the cocoon is Battra?

Also: since when do moths re-cocoon themselves? It's almost like kaiju aren't realistic!!
Last edited by vibramrunner on Fri May 31, 2019 8:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

vibramrunner wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:

I’ll admit I thought that too, but now it feels like we are getting excessive. Battra tbh doesn’t feel like the caliber of monster to really reference. Mothra egg works better just because it’s sort of sad if Mothra just died in the film. This and the Mutos reminded me of the showa era how monsters could reappear which was fun.
No, but maybe it is Battra, because according to one source, it was indicated in the credits that Mothra is still alive?!? I completely missed this (or it's fake?):

"Luckily, that's not the end of Mothra. News clippings in the film's closing credits suggest the Queen is simply regenerating, and will eventually emerge from another cocoon. The film also suggests that when she does return, Mothra won't be alone."

Also: since when do moths re-cocoon themselves? It's almost like kaiju aren't realistic!!
Mothra got blown to dust. The ashes got absorbed by Godzilla. No chance that the Boston Mothra is still alive. It's her child.

vibramrunner
JXSDF Technician

Post by vibramrunner »

Cryptid_Liker wrote:
vibramrunner wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:

Mothra got blown to dust. The ashes got absorbed by Godzilla. No chance that the Boston Mothra is still alive. It's her child.
That's what I thought too! I don't know, when someone sees it again they should pay attention to the credits so we can find out for sure.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

I won't lie. I can't remember where, but I saw some supposed drawings of the monsters a few weeks back, apparently from set visit. Pretty spot on, but they looked cool. There was also a quick glimpse at a lizard/dinosaur looking thing too, wasn't there? It was orange and spikey or something.

Ben Shapiro
Interpol Agent

Post by Ben Shapiro »

vibramrunner wrote:Don't know if this counts, but there were some photos in the credits that alluded to Manda (or Not Manda, to go along with Not Anguilar). There's a picture of a bunch of guys holding what appears to be a huge eel, and then a drawing that looks like a sea serpent VERY close to Manda.
Im assuming you have no clue what an ore fish is…

And I can confirm that has absolutely nothing to do with Manda lmao, tons of deformed ore fish had been washing up in the last few years due to radiation poisoning, the point is the ecosystem is being rebuilt and the ore fish are thriving again.
Last edited by Ben Shapiro on Fri May 31, 2019 9:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Facts don't care about your feelings

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

Ben Shapiro wrote:
vibramrunner wrote:Don't know if this counts, but there were some photos in the credits that alluded to Manda (or Not Manda, to go along with Not Anguilar). There's a picture of a bunch of guys holding what appears to be a huge eel, and then a drawing that looks like a sea serpent VERY close to Manda.

And I can confirm that has absolutely nothing to do with Manda lmao, tons of deformed ore fish had been washing up in the last few years due to radiation poisoning, the point is the ecosystem is being rebuilt and the ore fish are thriving again.
Yeah, I saw this one dude say that it definitely hints Manda for the Monsterverse. C’mon.
Last edited by Hokmuto on Fri May 31, 2019 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Long Live The King

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

KingKaiju wrote:I won't lie. I can't remember where, but I saw some supposed drawings of the monsters a few weeks back, apparently from set visit. Pretty spot on, but they looked cool. There was also a quick glimpse at a lizard/dinosaur looking thing too, wasn't there? It was orange and spikey or something.
Do you remember what website it was?
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Fri May 31, 2019 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ben Shapiro
Interpol Agent

Post by Ben Shapiro »

The extremes people jump to around here astound me…

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

Cryptid_Liker wrote:
KingKaiju wrote:I won't lie. I can't remember where, but I saw some supposed drawings of the monsters a few weeks back, apparently from set visit. Pretty spot on, but they looked cool. There was also a quick glimpse at a lizard/dinosaur looking thing too, wasn't there? It was orange and spikey or something.
I think he’s referring to Sayaka’s sketches.
Long Live The King

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Hokmuto wrote:
Cryptid_Liker wrote:
Those sketches don't have colors...

vibramrunner
JXSDF Technician

Post by vibramrunner »

Hokmuto wrote:
Ben Shapiro wrote:

Yeah, I saw this one dude say that it definitely hints Manda for the Monsterverse. C’mon.
I mean, there's a sketch just after the, *ahem*, ore fish, that resembles something like Manda. All I'm saying.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

Hokmuto wrote:
Cryptid_Liker wrote:
I just google searched that, and yes! I think that's it.

Last edited by KingKaiju on Fri May 31, 2019 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ben Shapiro
Interpol Agent

Post by Ben Shapiro »

Those are Sayaka’s sketches and he most certainly didn’t attend any set visit.

The only accurate one is his sketch of Behemoth, thegarbagemonster sketched Scylla the other day and it looked far more accurate than Sayaka’s drawing.

Not to mention we never see Methuselah’s entire body so all he got accurate there was its head, and even then thegarbagemonster drew a far more accurate representation.
Last edited by Ben Shapiro on Fri May 31, 2019 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

I'm loving how our Monsterverse is slowly expanding
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Fri May 31, 2019 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Ben Shapiro
Interpol Agent

Post by Ben Shapiro »

vibramrunner wrote:
I mean, there's a sketch just after the, *ahem*, ore fish, that resembles something like Manda. All I'm saying.
Aw, so just typical Toho Kingdom reaching? Gotcha’.
Last edited by Ben Shapiro on Fri May 31, 2019 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
Kong: I’m not sure if he’s part of the destruction, but he is sortve in the film. I do like the build up during the end credits scene, I just wish we actually saw him.
King Kong is like Mothra and Godzilla, he see's himself as an alpha and will not submit, but unlike Mothra, King Kong does not have a symbiotic relationship with Godzilla, which is why Godzilla and King Kong are gonna fight.
Last edited by BlankAccount on Fri May 31, 2019 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Living Corpse wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:
Kong: I’m not sure if he’s part of the destruction, but he is sortve in the film. I do like the build up during the end credits scene, I just wish we actually saw him.
King Kong is like Mothra and Godzilla, he see's himself as an alpha and will not submit, but unlike Mothra King Kong does not have a symbiotic relationship with Godzilla, which is why Godzilla and King Kong are gonna fight.
I wonder if Kong and Behemoth are going to duke it out in Godzilla vs Kong, I'd love to see it. I mentioned this in another thread, and I don't usually repeat myself but, it'd be wicked if we get a DAM situation where Ghidorah comes back and it's just Godzilla/Kong (maybe Rodan and Mothra) taking on a reformed grotesque Ghidorah, Scylla, Behemoth, Methuselah, NuMuto, and maybe a few other new ones.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira