What ruined your day?

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
JAGzilla
Sazer

Re: What ruined your day?

Post by JAGzilla »

godzillafan1954 wrote:More like what ruined this month.
A cousin of mine, who I was really close to growing up, is wanted in a murder case. Never expected that. Quite a gut punch there. And to add insult to injury, I found out my best friend since 5th grade is possibly on drugs. I have no way of contacting her and I just don't know what to do...

Well, from the sound of it, neither of these problems is concrete, yet, so here's hoping your cousin is proven innocent and your friend is clean.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

A cousin of mine, who I was really close to growing up, is wanted in a murder case. Never expected that. Quite a gut punch there. And to add insult to injury, I found out my best friend since 5th grade is possibly on drugs. I have no way of contacting her and I just don't know what to do...
I'm so sorry to hear this man. I don't even know what to say. Trite as it is, I can only hope things get better.

RIP Evan.

Titanoterror98
Interpol Agent

Post by Titanoterror98 »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
I'm so sorry to hear this man. I don't even know what to say. Trite as it is, I can only hope things get better.
Same. I'm at a loss for words but I can only hope that things will work out and that none of you are alone in this.
"Kaiju are underrated." - Me
"Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own." - Proverbs 3:5
"The only lemon content that should be on the internet is Lemon Demon music." - The Dapper Critter(A.K.A. Also me)

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

Pretty minor day-ruiner all things considered but these absolutely abysmal reviews for KoTM have got me in a funk
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

G2000 wrote:Pretty minor day-ruiner all things considered but these absolutely abysmal reviews for KoTM have got me in a funk
You and me both, man. Even I didn't expect it to be this bad. it was at 45% last I checked...
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

yeah, while i'll probably still like the film, the fact the score' still so low at this point kinda does suck. we're only so far away from 100 and it dosn't seem like it's getting much better.
Last edited by Gigantis on Wed May 29, 2019 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

At first I was thinking "damn this is tragic". But then I realized it's no sweat off our backs.

The audience score is what the audience cares about, the critic scores are aimed at the "special" types that want something very particular in their movie going experience.

Most of us along with the main general audience are going into this film for the fun and enjoyment that it's looking to offer.

I'm sure ti'll have a fantastic weekend and the audience score will be much much higher than the "critics".
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Wed May 29, 2019 2:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

We recently got a drive's worth of footage in for a new documentary project. It was sent from South Africa, so there's no way to just bring the producers in to explain any of their organization to us.

And that organization? Almost nonexistent. The drive is a complete mess. Ambiguous naming, redundancies, things that may or may not be related to the project. If I sent off a drive that looked like this, I would be fired. If somebody working under me sent off a drive that looked like this, I would fire them.

I almost never do this, but I insisted that we get clarification from the producers before I would start ingesting the footage.

Apparently, the clarification document was sent a week ago, and nobody forwarded it to me until today. That's nice.

And it clarifies very little. A few things we were told we could skip, a few things we were told we redundant, but lots of information that's basically useless to me (I want dates and camera designations, not comments on the content of the footage).

My favorite?

From the producer of this project, regarding a folder's worth of his own footage: "I can't read these files, and would be interested to know what they are."
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Learning of the predominately negative reception of KOTM.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

@Eabaker, that sucks, I can`t stand it when standard things like desktops are disorganized. I can only imagine what its like in your case. That feels like a fundamentally vital pat of the process.
LegendZilla wrote:Learning of the predominately negative reception of KOTM.
Hey! There is always the next Toho film!
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:@Eabaker, that sucks, I can`t stand it when standard things like desktops are disorganized. I can only imagine what its like in your case. That feels like a fundamentally vital pat of the process.
Yeah, there's a degree to which I enjoy the detective work that can be part of my job, but when it crosses from "puzzle to solve" into "total mess to clean up," the charm fades quickly.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

not a day ruiner, but has anyone seen Canuck? i haven't seen him for the past week and i'm starting to miss him :(

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

tyrantgoji wrote:not a day ruiner, but has anyone seen Canuck? i haven't seen him for the past week and i'm starting to miss him :(
But he's Canadian? Who in the hell misses a Canadian?

He's probably somewhere over there getting free health care and mounting mooses to save baby beavers that get stuck in maple syrup traps eh.
Last edited by goji89 on Thu May 30, 2019 8:51 am, edited 3 times in total.

Darth Kiryu
JXSDF Technician

Post by Darth Kiryu »

Came down with a weird illness last night that persisted when I woke up. Appetite comes and goes, dull headache, and feeling generally bleh. I was at least able to make a call and set up a job interview for Monday, but I doubt I have the concentration/energy to do very much else today.

Doesn't help that I'm paranoid it might be related to the bite I received from our pet snapping turtle, which ruined my Saturday. I disinfected the wound well enough, but snappers can carry salmonella without getting sick themselves. Though we have been feeding him cooked meat and poultry whenever it was special treat day for over a year.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Almost rolled my ankle heading out to the movie last night. Its sore as hell but at least I can walk on it alright.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Realizing even though this has been a great year for movies so far all my favorites haven't been doing so well? :(

First Shazam!, then Missing Link and now Godzilla 2...Meanwhile Avengers: Endgame I found to be underwhelming but what makes up for it is its third act and final battle.

That said the only movie that has relatively done well so far this year that I've liked is How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World. Apparently too Detective Pikachu surprisingly hasn't done well granted I haven't seen it but I'm still surprised given you'd think Pokemon's popularity would guarantee it being at least a billion dollar hit.

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

Too many great channels on YouTube are becoming demonetised.
Still the best, 1955... 8-)

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

SonOfGorgo wrote:Too many great channels on YouTube are becoming demonetised.
tell me about it...... :mad:

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

SonOfGorgo wrote:Too many great channels on YouTube are becoming demonetised.
Youtube is fucking up big time with this. Channels have to tip toe around everything now that they stop being what made them great in the first place.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

I was reading about the Port Arthur Massacre in 1996. Horrific evil perpetrated on innocent people, including two very young children. I didn't even know it was a thing until I saw some standup of Jim Jeffries, so I got curious. Really sad stuff.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"