Godzilla: King of the Monsters - General Discussion

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Vandarker
G-Grasper

Re: Godzilla ² General Discussion [SPOILERS]

Post by Vandarker »

fake wrote:Is the "Let them fight like Serizawa used to say. I loved it when he said that" line still there before Chandler says "This time we join him"
Yep definitely

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

Well, turns out our Godzilla hasn't fought Ghidorah in the past. The one in the cave paintings is
Spoiler:
Dagon
according to Godzilla: Aftershock.
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D

Tyrant28
JXSDF Technician

Post by Tyrant28 »

Aftershock no way implied Dagon fought Ghidorah. The marking for King of the Monsters makes it clear Godzilla fought Ghidorah, especially when one of the soundtrack is listed “Old Rivals”.
MrRockett wrote: They are a sticky bunch for sure. In 2014 all the guys were gathered around the Gravity booth to get a glimpse and maybe an autograph from Sandra Bullock. Some ass jockey decided to not crop dust the crowd, dude let off some straight napalm and cleared a 20 ft radius and didn’t flinch, he just moved up closer. I prayed Sandra wouldn’t catch a whiff, talk about Endgame....just gross.

Vandarker
G-Grasper

Post by Vandarker »

Gawdziller1954 wrote:Well, turns out our Godzilla hasn't fought Ghidorah in the past. The one in the cave paintings is
Spoiler:
Dagon
according to Godzilla: Aftershock.
Are you sure? The dialogue seems to imply that this Godzilla did fight Ghidorah in the past. And when they first see each other in Antarctica there's this moment of recognition. You can clearly see it in both of their reactions, they don't seem surprised by each other, and they narrow their eyes staring each other down like it's their usual habit.

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

Tyrant28 wrote:Aftershock no way implied Dagon fought Ghidorah. The marking for King of the Monsters makes it clear Godzilla fought Ghidorah, especially when one of the soundtrack is listed “Old Rivals”.
"We knew He who arose from the waters for thy divine son, Great Asherah: DAGON, stirrer of the Abyss, Lord of Lightning. He who bore the Fallen Star to its place of rest.

2nd page set in 11th century BCE.
Last edited by Gawdziller1954 on Thu May 23, 2019 7:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D

Tyrant28
JXSDF Technician

Post by Tyrant28 »

Gawdziller1954 wrote:
Tyrant28 wrote:Aftershock no way implied Dagon fought Ghidorah. The marking for King of the Monsters makes it clear Godzilla fought Ghidorah, especially when one of the soundtrack is listed “Old Rivals”.
"We knew He who arose from the waters for thy divine son, Great Asherah: DAGON, stirrer of the Abyss, Lord of Lightning. He who bore the Fallen Star to its place of rest.

That really vague that it could not be referring to Ghidorah. Again the viral marketing is hammering in that Godzilla fought Ghidorah before with all the cave painting of him fighting Ghidorah on his bio and information. If they want it to be Dagon who fought Ghidorah, then they definitely would not be marketing it as such.
Last edited by Tyrant28 on Thu May 23, 2019 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrRockett wrote: They are a sticky bunch for sure. In 2014 all the guys were gathered around the Gravity booth to get a glimpse and maybe an autograph from Sandra Bullock. Some ass jockey decided to not crop dust the crowd, dude let off some straight napalm and cleared a 20 ft radius and didn’t flinch, he just moved up closer. I prayed Sandra wouldn’t catch a whiff, talk about Endgame....just gross.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Does Mothra sneeze on Madison and Emma Russell? I remember there was a sketch by an employee that shows Mothra sneezing on the two.

Vandarker
G-Grasper

Post by Vandarker »

Gawdziller1954 wrote:

That's too ambiguous to suggest anything I think.

Sonic
Interpol Agent

Post by Sonic »

does rodan bow at the end of the movie?

GojiDog
G-Grasper

Post by GojiDog »

Sonic wrote:does rodan bow at the end of the movie?
Yes he does.
Cryptid_Liker wrote:Does Mothra sneeze on Madison and Emma Russell? I remember there was a sketch by an employee that shows Mothra sneezing on the two.
I guess you could call it a sneeze. I didn't think of it as that, but its the same bit that is in the third trailer where Mothra "sneezes" or exhales on them and MBB nervously laughs.
Last edited by GojiDog on Thu May 23, 2019 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Sonic wrote:does rodan bow at the end of the movie?
Yeah, he's the first Titan to do so.

Olzh26
Interpol Agent

Post by Olzh26 »

Godzilla2000Zero wrote:
Olzh26 wrote:
Godzilla2000Zero wrote: All of it really you can tell how the world has changed since 2014 pretty much Monarch disclosed everything to the public including the existence of Kong and Skull Island and only outpost covered up was Ghidorah's and they really impact the world the montage at the end clear shows the Titan activity can heal the planet. Most of the fights are from a human perpective which I'll admit caught me off guard at first but now truly appreciate like MBB is fleeing Godzilla and Ghidorah fighting while trying to avoid Rodan and Mothra's fight in another scene.
Godzilla definitely prevent many Titans from become too active once he out of commission the other Titans rise to Ghidorah's call
I do not think that the titans woke up because of the death of Godzilla. they were in hibernation, absorbing radiation and then they were awakened by the roar of Ghidorah. And Godzilla himself is indifferent to the activity of titans.
Vera specifically said that with Godzilla gone the other Titans are rising up
does he consider them his rivals?

Added in 2 minutes 35 seconds:
Dv-218 wrote:
BrazilianKaiju wrote:
SG-17 wrote: So do all of the Titans feed off of radiation or do they prey on each other/eat fish/other animal life, etc?

It is a good question. But I believe that all Titans appeared at a time when Earth had very high levels of radiation.

In addition to Godzilla himself, M.U.TO.S also fed on radiation, as we saw in G2014. Even when they are parasitizing another Titan it is said that they feed on the nuclear material in the Titan's blood:

"MUTO Prime is genetically programmed to look for a Titan host for its descendants." After defeating an opponent in battle, the flexible MUTO Prime ovipositors, guided by uranium in the blood of a Titan, stab the tail of a scorpion, and the eggs incubate by breaking the hemoglobin in the blood of the host to feed on the nuclear material, eventually the host unable to replenish its atomic energy until it finally dies. "

Source: https://wikizilla.org/wiki/MUTO_Prime#Reproduction

So I assume all titans feed on nuclear energy.

My doubt is Kong and the other monsters of the SI.

And I'm loving reading what you're writing about Rodan.

He / She will probably be my favorite titan along with Ghidorah. As I mentioned earlier, I'm not much in favor of the "benevolent" Godzilla. Some people even suggested that Rodan has more personality than him. And the more I read the spoilers, less I sympathize with Godzilla.

I think the intention was bring him closer to the public, making people like him. But to me his personality is a bit contradictory. He fights for a balance threatened by humans, but he does nothing against us. We not only destroy the planet, but we are also responsible for the awakening of M.U.T.Os and Ghidorah, but Godzilla seems to forgive mankind every time. He's very unilateral in its intentions. He is now a giant Deud ex machina to humans.

In addition, Ghidorah and M.U.T.O do not sound like "villains," since all they do is by their own survival or for their species. Different from humans.

Rodan, however, behaves more appropriately. I hope Legendary has more plans for him / her.

Despite Rodan and Mothra are well featured in this movie, the fact that there are so many Titans in the monsterverse makes me feel like that both are just "another Titan." If they aren't cited again or well used in future films this impression will get stronger.

I'm sorry for the precarious English
Dunno about this, Ghidorah definitely feels like a legit villain here. He is not motivated by survival and reproduction like the MUTOs, nor is he motivated by hunger like the Skullcrawlers- seems that his entire goal is to subdue the earth Titans and terraform the planet under his wrath- all for his own amusement.
No, he just wants to terraform the Earth for his conditions. he does not consider himself a villain

Ben Shapiro
Interpol Agent

Post by Ben Shapiro »

I’d say since those four Titans came to help Ghidorah during the Boston battle but
were too late.
Last edited by Ben Shapiro on Thu May 23, 2019 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Facts don't care about your feelings

Olzh26
Interpol Agent

Post by Olzh26 »

they were attracted by the orc

Ben Shapiro
Interpol Agent

Post by Ben Shapiro »

Olzh26 wrote:they were attracted by the orc
And they came to fight Godzilla, the novel confirms this.

They call those Titans Ghidorah’s “calvary”.
Last edited by Ben Shapiro on Thu May 23, 2019 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vandarker
G-Grasper

Post by Vandarker »

Olzh26 wrote:
Godzilla2000Zero wrote:
Olzh26 wrote: I do not think that the titans woke up because of the death of Godzilla. they were in hibernation, absorbing radiation and then they were awakened by the roar of Ghidorah. And Godzilla himself is indifferent to the activity of titans.
Vera specifically said that with Godzilla gone the other Titans are rising up
does he consider them his rivals?

Added in 2 minutes 35 seconds:
Dv-218 wrote:
BrazilianKaiju wrote:

It is a good question. But I believe that all Titans appeared at a time when Earth had very high levels of radiation.

In addition to Godzilla himself, M.U.TO.S also fed on radiation, as we saw in G2014. Even when they are parasitizing another Titan it is said that they feed on the nuclear material in the Titan's blood:

"MUTO Prime is genetically programmed to look for a Titan host for its descendants." After defeating an opponent in battle, the flexible MUTO Prime ovipositors, guided by uranium in the blood of a Titan, stab the tail of a scorpion, and the eggs incubate by breaking the hemoglobin in the blood of the host to feed on the nuclear material, eventually the host unable to replenish its atomic energy until it finally dies. "

Source: https://wikizilla.org/wiki/MUTO_Prime#Reproduction

So I assume all titans feed on nuclear energy.

My doubt is Kong and the other monsters of the SI.

And I'm loving reading what you're writing about Rodan.

He / She will probably be my favorite titan along with Ghidorah. As I mentioned earlier, I'm not much in favor of the "benevolent" Godzilla. Some people even suggested that Rodan has more personality than him. And the more I read the spoilers, less I sympathize with Godzilla.

I think the intention was bring him closer to the public, making people like him. But to me his personality is a bit contradictory. He fights for a balance threatened by humans, but he does nothing against us. We not only destroy the planet, but we are also responsible for the awakening of M.U.T.Os and Ghidorah, but Godzilla seems to forgive mankind every time. He's very unilateral in its intentions. He is now a giant Deud ex machina to humans.

In addition, Ghidorah and M.U.T.O do not sound like "villains," since all they do is by their own survival or for their species. Different from humans.

Rodan, however, behaves more appropriately. I hope Legendary has more plans for him / her.

Despite Rodan and Mothra are well featured in this movie, the fact that there are so many Titans in the monsterverse makes me feel like that both are just "another Titan." If they aren't cited again or well used in future films this impression will get stronger.

I'm sorry for the precarious English
Dunno about this, Ghidorah definitely feels like a legit villain here. He is not motivated by survival and reproduction like the MUTOs, nor is he motivated by hunger like the Skullcrawlers- seems that his entire goal is to subdue the earth Titans and terraform the planet under his wrath- all for his own amusement.
No, he just wants to terraform the Earth for his conditions. he does not consider himself a villain
He doesn't need to terraform to survive, he does it because he is a natural-born tyrant and that's what tyrants do.
Last edited by Vandarker on Thu May 23, 2019 8:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Olzh26
Interpol Agent

Post by Olzh26 »

Were the titans who do not eat radiation?

InugamiGuru
Samurai

Post by InugamiGuru »

Ben Shapiro wrote:

Wait is the Novel out? Man I preordered it months ago & don't have it yet.
A kings' return is never silent.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

InugamiGuru wrote:
Ben Shapiro wrote:

It got leaked.

Ben Shapiro
Interpol Agent

Post by Ben Shapiro »

InugamiGuru wrote:
Ben Shapiro wrote:

A lot was posted as a preview but some people found ways to read the ending battle