What ruined your day?

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
godzillafan1954
Futurian

Re: What ruined your day?

Postby godzillafan1954 » Wed May 22, 2019 2:04 pm

More like what ruined this month.
A cousin of mine, who I was really close to growing up, is wanted in a murder case. Never expected that. Quite a gut punch there. And to add insult to injury, I found out my best friend since 5th grade is possibly on drugs. I have no way of contacting her and I just don't know what to do...
I don't have a signature and I never will.

eabaker
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby eabaker » Wed May 22, 2019 2:19 pm

godzillafan1954 wrote:More like what ruined this month.
A cousin of mine, who I was really close to growing up, is wanted in a murder case. Never expected that. Quite a gut punch there.

Wow. I have no words, man. I'm very sorry to hear that.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

_JNavs_
Kwaidan

Postby _JNavs_ » Wed May 22, 2019 4:29 pm

DJ Khaled is not the nice individual he's made out to be.. Now it could just be that he was exhausted but, I was next on line after waiting 3 hours in the sun and once I was up I walked over to him and said "Hey how ya doin" and he just nodded his head, they took the pic, I said "thanks, it was nice meeting you" put my hand out, he shook it and nodded his head again, before the security kinda pushed things along.

I didn't wait 3 hours in the heat to spend 3 seconds taking a picture next to a mute bobblehead.

Now I get it, it's hot and he probably took hundreds of pictures, but come on, at least respond.

Anyway at least I got to take some pics of the Godzilla billboards in Time Square which kinda made up for it.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Wed May 22, 2019 4:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sith Apprentice.

tyrantgoji
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby tyrantgoji » Wed May 22, 2019 4:32 pm

A cousin of mine, who I was really close to growing up, is wanted in a murder case. Never expected that. Quite a gut punch there. And to add insult to injury, I found out my best friend since 5th grade is possibly on drugs. I have no way of contacting her and I just don't know what to do...

holy poop man, i am so sorry!

G2000
E.S.P.Spy

Postby G2000 » Wed May 22, 2019 8:53 pm

_JNavs_ wrote:DJ Khaled is not the nice individual he's made out to be.. Now it could just be that he was exhausted but, I was next on line after waiting 3 hours in the sun and once I was up I walked over to him and said "Hey how ya doin" and he just nodded his head, they took the pic, I said "thanks, it was nice meeting you" put my hand out, he shook it and nodded his head again, before the security kinda pushed things along.

I didn't wait 3 hours in the heat to spend 3 seconds taking a picture next to a mute bobblehead.

Now I get it, it's hot and he probably took hundreds of pictures, but come on, at least respond.

To be fair you sort of point it out in your post; he’s hot, he’s tired, he’s taken hundreds of pictures, and there’s a line behind you that needs to keep moving. Nothing personal against you, but he’s done it a hundred of times already and has to do it a hundred times more; any sane individual would be sick and tired of shaking hands and taking pictures by that point.
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

_JNavs_
Kwaidan

Postby _JNavs_ » Wed May 22, 2019 8:58 pm

G2000 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:DJ Khaled is not the nice individual he's made out to be.. Now it could just be that he was exhausted but, I was next on line after waiting 3 hours in the sun and once I was up I walked over to him and said "Hey how ya doin" and he just nodded his head, they took the pic, I said "thanks, it was nice meeting you" put my hand out, he shook it and nodded his head again, before the security kinda pushed things along.

To be fair you sort of point it out in your post; he’s hot, he’s tired, he’s taken hundreds of pictures, and there’s a line behind you that needs to keep moving. Nothing personal against you, but he’s done it a hundred of times already and has to do it a hundred times more; any sane individual would be sick and tired of shaking hands and taking pictures by that point.

Yeah that's most likely the case, my only issue is he was chilling in an AC'd shoe store, sitting on a throne. So it's like, Idk I guess I expected more after such a long wait. Especially after hearing that he gave out hundreds of dollars to some kids earlier in the day.

But yeah I said the same thing, he was likely tired and ready to call it quits after the first hundred or so pictures.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Wed May 22, 2019 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sith Apprentice.

JAGzilla
Kwaidan

Postby JAGzilla » Wed May 22, 2019 9:46 pm

Well, from the sound of it, neither of these problems is concrete, yet, so here's hoping your cousin is proven innocent and your friend is clean.

SoggyNoodles2016
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby SoggyNoodles2016 » Thu May 23, 2019 4:36 pm

I'm so sorry to hear this man. I don't even know what to say. Trite as it is, I can only hope things get better.

#MinillaForSmash2019

NSZ wrote:That's the 70's for ya. If you weren't blowing your money on gas, drugs, or chicks, you were blowing it on giant animatronic monkeys that don't work.

Titanoterror98
Interpol Agent

Postby Titanoterror98 » Thu May 23, 2019 5:42 pm

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:

I'm so sorry to hear this man. I don't even know what to say. Trite as it is, I can only hope things get better.

Same. I'm at a loss for words but I can only hope that things will work out and that none of you are alone in this.
"Kaiju are underrated." - Me
"Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own." - Proverbs 3:5
"The only lemon content that should be on the internet is Lemon Demon music." - The Dapper Critter(A.K.A. Also me)

G2000
E.S.P.Spy

Postby G2000 » Wed May 29, 2019 1:23 pm

Pretty minor day-ruiner all things considered but these absolutely abysmal reviews for KoTM have got me in a funk
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

Kaiju-King42
Kwaidan

Postby Kaiju-King42 » Wed May 29, 2019 1:29 pm

G2000 wrote:Pretty minor day-ruiner all things considered but these absolutely abysmal reviews for KoTM have got me in a funk

You and me both, man. Even I didn't expect it to be this bad. it was at 45% last I checked...
Godzillian wrote:
Godzilla21 wrote:What is up with the American trope of hide the monster?

Jaws happened

ernesth100 wrote:
Ryguy wrote:When the new director is announced, I guarantee this fanbase will be torn through the middle...

We're always split down the middle. TK is like a giant buttcrack.

Anno wrote:never forget tadpole :godzilla:

tyrantgoji
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby tyrantgoji » Wed May 29, 2019 2:15 pm

yeah, while i'll probably still like the film, the fact the score' still so low at this point kinda does suck. we're only so far away from 100 and it dosn't seem like it's getting much better.
Last edited by tyrantgoji on Wed May 29, 2019 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

_JNavs_
Kwaidan

Postby _JNavs_ » Wed May 29, 2019 2:18 pm

At first I was thinking "damn this is tragic". But then I realized it's no sweat off our backs.

The audience score is what the audience cares about, the critic scores are aimed at the "special" types that want something very particular in their movie going experience.

Most of us along with the main general audience are going into this film for the fun and enjoyment that it's looking to offer.

I'm sure ti'll have a fantastic weekend and the audience score will be much much higher than the "critics".
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Wed May 29, 2019 2:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sith Apprentice.

eabaker
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby eabaker » Wed May 29, 2019 4:27 pm

We recently got a drive's worth of footage in for a new documentary project. It was sent from South Africa, so there's no way to just bring the producers in to explain any of their organization to us.

And that organization? Almost nonexistent. The drive is a complete mess. Ambiguous naming, redundancies, things that may or may not be related to the project. If I sent off a drive that looked like this, I would be fired. If somebody working under me sent off a drive that looked like this, I would fire them.

I almost never do this, but I insisted that we get clarification from the producers before I would start ingesting the footage.

Apparently, the clarification document was sent a week ago, and nobody forwarded it to me until today. That's nice.

And it clarifies very little. A few things we were told we could skip, a few things we were told we redundant, but lots of information that's basically useless to me (I want dates and camera designations, not comments on the content of the footage).

My favorite?

From the producer of this project, regarding a folder's worth of his own footage: "I can't read these files, and would be interested to know what they are."
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

LegendZilla
Kwaidan

Postby LegendZilla » Wed May 29, 2019 5:32 pm

Learning of the predominately negative reception of KOTM.
Formerly Kaijucole in 2006.

LSD Jellyfish
Kwaidan

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Wed May 29, 2019 5:38 pm

@Eabaker, that sucks, I can`t stand it when standard things like desktops are disorganized. I can only imagine what its like in your case. That feels like a fundamentally vital pat of the process.

LegendZilla wrote:Learning of the predominately negative reception of KOTM.

Hey! There is always the next Toho film!
_JNavs_ wrote:The MV is like cheap imitation crabmeat, it tastes good, but it isn't real, while Shin is kino peak Japanese performance.

Rodan95 wrote:The Shobijin are sat on by a fatass explorer and killed. Mothra is pissed and destroys Japan.

eabaker
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby eabaker » Wed May 29, 2019 5:49 pm

LSD Jellyfish wrote:@Eabaker, that sucks, I can`t stand it when standard things like desktops are disorganized. I can only imagine what its like in your case. That feels like a fundamentally vital pat of the process.

Yeah, there's a degree to which I enjoy the detective work that can be part of my job, but when it crosses from "puzzle to solve" into "total mess to clean up," the charm fades quickly.

tyrantgoji
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby tyrantgoji » Thu May 30, 2019 2:56 am

not a day ruiner, but has anyone seen Canuck? i haven't seen him for the past week and i'm starting to miss him :(

goji89
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby goji89 » Thu May 30, 2019 8:50 am

tyrantgoji wrote:not a day ruiner, but has anyone seen Canuck? i haven't seen him for the past week and i'm starting to miss him :(

But he's Canadian? Who in the hell misses a Canadian?

He's probably somewhere over there getting free health care and mounting mooses to save baby beavers that get stuck in maple syrup traps eh.
Last edited by goji89 on Thu May 30, 2019 8:51 am, edited 3 times in total.
https://kaijugalaxy.jcink.net/index.php?act=idx

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote: Tsuburaya's sloppy puppets and bad Kong suits.

Darth Kiryu
JXSDF Technician

Postby Darth Kiryu » Fri May 31, 2019 1:47 am

Came down with a weird illness last night that persisted when I woke up. Appetite comes and goes, dull headache, and feeling generally bleh. I was at least able to make a call and set up a job interview for Monday, but I doubt I have the concentration/energy to do very much else today.

Doesn't help that I'm paranoid it might be related to the bite I received from our pet snapping turtle, which ruined my Saturday. I disinfected the wound well enough, but snappers can carry salmonella without getting sick themselves. Though we have been feeding him cooked meat and poultry whenever it was special treat day for over a year.
Click the image to join Kaiju Galaxy 2.0! Along with standard kaiju and tokusatsu discussion, we're a hub for fan creativity!

Return to “General Discussion”