The Merchandise Thread

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Re: The Merchandise Thread

Post by Godzillian »

Just blind box figures, not sure if they'll be out in the US

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

Godzilla, Ghidorah, Rodan, and Mothra whiskey
https://natalie.mu/eiga/news/331304
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

warman222
G-Force Personnel

Post by warman222 »

One of our best looks at Mothra yet, albeit a bit far back. It's one of the few images we have of her where she isn't fucking blue lol.
Last edited by warman222 on Tue May 14, 2019 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gottatalktothefake wrote:Why is it so hard just to be decent to each other and respect the tastes and opinions of others respectfully?

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

G2000 wrote:Godzilla, Ghidorah, Rodan, and Mothra whiskey
https://natalie.mu/eiga/news/331304

Now I would actually buy that if it was sold in the U.S.

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

warman222 wrote:One of our best looks at Mothra yet, albeit a bit far back. It's one of the few images we have of her where she isn't fucking blue lol.
Slight revision, she’s the only one who’s not a whiskey; she’s a “Fine Venezuelan Rum”
Godzilla is single malt Scotch, Ghidorah is Irish single-malt, and Rodan is Kentucky straight corn whiskey
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

As a US Godzilla fan, growing up pre-eBay and internet, Godzilla collecting has always been limited, but ‘98 had merchandise front and center, yet with MonsterVerse, it seems like a US made film does more merchandise in foreign markets than its own, and even with eBay and the internet, it’s hard to obtain.

I understand that retail may not have a market in the US with doing a lot, but make an eStore that sells globally where you don’t have to worry about how much in demand in a region it is, and you can rely on more popular regions to cover for those that sell less.

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

GFAN198423 wrote:As a US Godzilla fan, growing up pre-eBay and internet, Godzilla collecting has always been limited, but ‘98 had merchandise front and center, yet with MonsterVerse, it seems like a US made film does more merchandise in foreign markets than its own, and even with eBay and the internet, it’s hard to obtain.

I understand that retail may not have a market in the US with doing a lot, but make an eStore that sells globally where you don’t have to worry about how much in demand in a region it is, and you can rely on more popular regions to cover for those that sell less.
Yeah, I would love to get some of those T-Shirts, but all the cool ones are in the UK. A lot of the the promotional stuff is in different countries as well. Who knows maybe with this new Godzilla website, they might add some merchandise on there.
Twelfth Brother, Jedi Killer
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
KinoKaiser wrote:Is the Brazil market big or something?
Definitely, there's like a Brazilian moviegoers there
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Dun dun
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

*Giant BARAGONBREH comes out of the woods and roars*

*A bunch of Goji89s run across the screen in packs" :lol:
Go faster! *Baragonbreh in mirror is closer than he appears*
*Baragonbreh sneaks up on 3 unsuspecting New TK user raptors and just mauls them before disappearing*

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

GFAN198423 wrote:As a US Godzilla fan, growing up pre-eBay and internet, Godzilla collecting has always been limited, but ‘98 had merchandise front and center, yet with MonsterVerse, it seems like a US made film does more merchandise in foreign markets than its own, and even with eBay and the internet, it’s hard to obtain.
The 98 film might be partially to blame. Sony held off on stores carrying merchandise until the opening weekend as to not spoil the new design. This caused stores to be stuffed with unwanted stuff because everyone hated the movie. It effectively tainted the Godzilla name for retailers.

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by cloverfan98 »

UltramanGoji wrote:
The 98 film might be partially to blame. Sony held off on stores carrying merchandise until the opening weekend as to not spoil the new design. This caused stores to be stuffed with unwanted stuff because everyone hated the movie. It effectively tainted the Godzilla name for retailers.
I wouldn't be surprised. A similar thing happened with Star Wars toys following TPM's release and again following TLJ especially. Also as sad as it is to say it the toy market is dying or at least changing drastically. An entire chain of stores dedicated to that type of consumer products went belly up in 2017 and video games and digital entertainment are bigger than ever especially with children who used to play with toys more at certain ages now being hooked on Ipads and such.

ultrazilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by ultrazilla »

Never heard of them but the Mummy resin they did looks high quality and large in scale so it bodes well for Godzilla, will definitely keep an eye on them :) .

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

Hopefully this film will be well represented at Comic Con for high end collectibles.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Beast Wars

:lol:

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by cloverfan98 »

Living Corpse wrote:Beast Wars

Imagine someone mugging you at gunpoint wearing this mask. You'd be in an insane asylum forever after that.

kaijukurt
EDF Instructor

Post by kaijukurt »

cloverfan98 wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:Beast Wars

Imagine someone mugging you at gunpoint wearing this mask. You'd be in an insane asylum forever after that.
Thanks for the mental image...made my day. :lol:
Formerly known as kurtzilla

warman222
G-Force Personnel

Post by warman222 »

Still looks better than that fucking Rodan mask. Not like that's saying much. I mean why Mothra has fangs and teeth here I got no idea. It's like they couldn't figure out how to translate the insect attributes onto a mask and ended up with that nightmare fuel.
gottatalktothefake wrote:Why is it so hard just to be decent to each other and respect the tastes and opinions of others respectfully?

Apgigan
Monsterland Worker

Post by Apgigan »

warman222 wrote:Still looks better than that skreeonking Rodan mask. Not like that's saying much. I mean why Mothra has fangs and teeth here I got no idea. It's like they couldn't figure out how to translate the insect attributes onto a mask and ended up with that nightmare fuel.
At least the Rodan mask looks SOMEWHAT accurate to the movie. I don’t even know wtf this mask is supposed to be.

AtomicMorningBreath
Interpol Agent

Post by AtomicMorningBreath »

Has anyone seen KOTM merch in The States at all, or is most of the cool stuff that was announced for other countries? I was at an FYE and Hot Topic over the weekend and really didn't see much of anything. FYE only had an endcap that had a KOTM sign on top, but everything on it was just older Godzilla merch and dvds they've already had for years.
"It's ok, they're all smoking."

Ben Shapiro
Interpol Agent

Post by Ben Shapiro »

I’ve seen the Jakks toyline in every Walmart I’ve been to.
Last edited by Ben Shapiro on Tue May 28, 2019 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Facts don't care about your feelings

Monster Zero
Futurian

Post by Monster Zero »

Apgigan wrote:
warman222 wrote:Still looks better than that skreeonking Rodan mask. Not like that's saying much. I mean why Mothra has fangs and teeth here I got no idea. It's like they couldn't figure out how to translate the insect attributes onto a mask and ended up with that nightmare fuel.
At least the Rodan mask looks SOMEWHAT accurate to the movie. I don’t even know wtf this mask is supposed to be.
Waspinator obviously!

Will those cute keychains be sold somewhere other than Cinemark?

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

Ben Shapiro wrote:I’ve seen the Jakks toyline in every Walmart I’ve been to.
Same.

Besides that though I haven’t really seen anything.

Granted, that’s probably still more than I ever saw for G 14