Godzilla films you want to see?

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Godzilla films you want to see?

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Title is self-explanatory. What Godzilla films would you like to see happen?

Me personally I'd to see a Godzilla movie where he goes up against Cronus and the other titans like Atlas from Greek Mythology. Imagine such an titanic battle between the King of the Monsters and Leader of the Titans. So fitting and thematic. :shock:

Biollante vs. Gaia also think of that as well. ;)

...Heck better yet just a Godzilla film where he fights various giant figures from mythology such as the Yamata no Orochi (Not like that one-sided fight in Rage Across Time), Quetzalcoatl and Ymir.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sat May 11, 2019 8:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.

TheKaijuGojira
Young Farmer

Re: Godzilla films you want to see?

Post by TheKaijuGojira »

I'd personally want to see the scrapped 1994 American film made, using the original script.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Godzilla vs Gamera. enough said.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

szmigiel
G-Force Personnel

Post by szmigiel »

I am more interested in seeing talented film makers take on Godzilla, than any particular Godzilla Vs return of classic or underused properties or previously scrapped idea.

Love to see Mamoru Oshii have free rein to do a Godzilla movie. He is a very imaginative film maker and would love to see his take, free from heavy studio mandates and interference.

Also it would be interesting in a Studio Ghibli made a, Hayao Miyazaki directed, Godzilla film. Time is running out on this option. I am pretty sure the environmental message would be front and center.

Love to see Guillermo del Toro do a coproduction with Toho. Not a MonsterVerse film, but his take on Godzilla.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

TheKaijuGojira wrote:I'd personally want to see the scrapped 1994 American film made, using the original script.
I imagine the best way to get that done is to go back in time to make sure it gets made instead of the Emmerich version.

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

I'd love to see an American Godzilla film that's heavily centered around a political theme.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Godzilla and Kong run against each other in a Presidential election, leading to a Nuclear arms race.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

MikeSTZillak
JXSDF Technician

Post by MikeSTZillak »

Personally, I would love to see Clive Barker's unmade Godzilla film in some way or another.
Resized Image
#IStandwithVic
#Pro-Life

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

MikeSTZillak wrote:Personally, I would love to see Clive Barker's unmade Godzilla film in some way or another.
That`s a real thing?

Probably what I would want/think is a good idea, is maybe a film focused around a new monster emerging from Mt. Fuji. Godzilla vs. Biollante sort of does this a bit, with Godzilla emerging from another volcano, but I think the idea of a countdown to some new apocalyptic monster appearing would be pretty cool. Maybe midway through the film the volcano erupts.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

I know I keep saying the same thing, but I severely want to see a Godzilla movie that takes place in a sensationalized Feudal Japan.

#BotM

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
MikeSTZillak wrote:Personally, I would love to see Clive Barker's unmade Godzilla film in some way or another.
That`s a real thing?
Yeah, we had a thread about it a few months ago. Basically, in 1993 Clive Barker was asked by TriStar to write a short story treatment for their planned Godzilla adaptation; he turned in a draft but very little is known about it except that it was evidently set in New York during the last days of 1999 (hinting at an apocalyptic tone), and according to Steve Ryfle TriStar execs found it “too dark” for the summer blockbuster they planned to make.
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

A Godzilla vs. Orochi movie. And have it take place sometime in either pre-samurai era or when it was just starting. In other words, have it take place when the Emperor was still in charge before the shoguns basically hijacked the power.

Red-Death Gigan
Interpol Agent

Post by Red-Death Gigan »

"Godzilla vs Satan" (scrapped)
Sounded ... fun.
... Godzilla lives inside each one of us.

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

Something like Return of Godzilla where the world is on the brink of nuclear war and Godzilla's existence is being concealed by the government to prevent panic, only it's set in a brutal 1984 style dystopian police state. People who have seen Godzilla are sent to insane asylums, like how the giant ants are covered up in Them!. A movie with a strong theme of Cold War era paranoia and despair.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

Red-Death Gigan wrote:"Godzilla vs Satan" (scrapped)
Sounded ... fun.
Unfortunately Godzilla vs Satan was a myth, though there are indications that it was born out of a misinterpretation of early drafts for Godzilla 1984 (which featured Godzilla battling an early version of Bagan that could transition between flying, land-based, and aquatic forms before transforming into a final “Demon God” form)

EDIT: You’ve been here for nine years and you probably already know that
Sorry
Last edited by G2000 on Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

A Fallout type movie, where everyone's been limited to Vaults/Bunkers due to dozens of years of "war". Only for a group of survivors to overthrow their Vault-leaders, escaping onto the barren landscape to see what's really going on, Finding a sepia-toned world decimated by Titans. Throw in some kinda ex machina they need to find, not to stop the monsters, but to get back home with much-needed supplies.

They could run into any situation between kaiju, as a reference to the old Showa stories that took place on Monster Island, where the explorers would watch the kaiju interact, but don't get involved.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

A Godzilla movie that has Zone Fighter's first movie appearance.

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

Among the flicks I'd like to see made, chief among them would be an adaptation of Marc Cerasini's GODZILLA & THE LOST CONTINENT.(https://wikizilla.org/wiki/Godzilla_and ... _Continent). The sadly unpublished Random House novel dealing with a Texas sized landmass rising in the Pacific, and several Pacific Rim countries, including the U.S., trying to claim it. But a bunch of monsters likewise decide to make it their home. Until something else, called Raijin, rises up and soundly defeats all comers. Then to make matters worse, an intelligence within the Earth itself begins a little mission using Biollante as its avatar to cleanse the planet of the pollution created by mankind, and the people to boot. The story is bit different from the basic "monster vs. monster " scenario presented in most Godzilla flicks.

Also, before Marvel was bought by the Mouse House. I thought it would've been cool to see Toho ,and the House of Ideas' film division to collaborate on a project or two. Perhaps Godzilla facing his robot frenemy from the Marvel G-Mag, RED RONINhttps://wikizilla.org/wiki/Red_Ronin) in live action.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

1. I still want to see a dead serious and emotionally charged Gojira/Return of Godzilla style film with Hollywood special effects centered around the geopolitical, social, religious fallout of Godzilla's first emergence to the modern world. A multilayered film showing the point of view of scientists, politicians, doctors, military/rescue personnel, and just regular people caught in the crossfire. Written by Frank Darabont and directed by someone like him or Christopher Nolan.

2. A family drama set in a world where giant monster attacks are a part of everyday life. Centered around a family coping with the loss of a loved one killed during an attack. It don't even have to specifically be Godzilla as it would only really feature a giant monster at the beginning as most the focus would be on the family dynamic and their emotional trauma.

3. Big budget adaptations of Marc Cerasini's novels.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Rodan95
Monarch Researcher

Post by Rodan95 »

- A Jet Jaguar movie where JJ is your average day citizen and saves Japan from giant monsters.

- An Intergalactic Space-Horror film about Gigan and his origins. It ends with killing his creators and he causes chaos throughout the Galaxy. The last shot is a meteorologist on Earth saying "huh there's something big coming torwards Earth". Then it cuts to black.

- The idea of a terrorist organization taking over Mechagodzilla and trying to destroy the world. Maybe make it a secret 3rd entry in the Kiryu saga and Godzilla awakens because of the global chaos from the terrorist-controlled Mechagodzilla. Make Godzilla the "Good Guy".

- It would be humorous to see a Marvel knockoff where Japan's version of the Avengers tries to defend Tokyo from Godzilla. With the superhero craze right now - why not??

- a live-action Godzilla in the post-apocalyptic world after 98% of humanity is left. Make it look like a "one shot take" like 1917. It follows one survivor who is stuck in a area with the king of monsters.

- I would like to see a modern version remake of Varan the Unbelievable. Hes so unique and deserves a new film.