Kaiju Crescendo Concert - G-FEST 2019

For the discussion of Toho DVDs, Blu-Rays, CDs, streaming services, VHS, and other formats where Toho films and soundtracks can be found.
Tapkaara
Monarch Researcher

Kaiju Crescendo Concert - G-FEST 2019

Post by Tapkaara »

I just wanted to take a moment to announce an exciting, brand-new concert that I am involved in that we hope will take place at G-FEST this July in Chicago.

KAIJU CRESCENDO: AN EVENING OF JAPANESE MONSTER MUSIC

If you attended G-FEST in 2014, you will remember the groundbreaking Ifukube 100 Concert. If you were at the convention in 2015, you'll know that Symphonic Fury: The Music of Japanese Monsters was a rollicking sequel and the composer Kow Otani personally came to the event to hear his monster music performed live.

This year, we have the opportunity to bring your favorite kaiju and tokusatsu scores back to G-FEST in another live concert.

Kaiju Crescendo is being brought to you by the Millennuim-era composer Michiru Oshima (Godzilla vs. Megaguirus, Godzilla x Mechagodzilla, and Tokyo SOS) and composer/conductor John DeSentis (music director of Ifukube 100 and Symphonic Fury). The first half of the concert will be conducted by maestro DeSentis and will feature the music of Akira Ifukube's Rodan and well as Masaru Sato's Son of Godzilla and Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla. More musical scores will be included in this section, and those will be announced soon.

In the second half, maestra Oshima will PERSONALLY conduct her scores for Godzilla v.s Megaguirus, Godzilla x Mechagodzilla, and Tokyo SOS. In addition to that, Oshima-san will also compose a brand-new Godzilla-related work especially for Kaiju Crescendo and give its WORLD PREMIERE at the show!

Kaiju Crescendo can only be made possible with the help of Godzilla fans from around the world. By generously submitting your pledge to Michiru and John's Kickstarter campaign, we can make another kaiju concert happen in Chicago this July. If you attended one or both of the previous G-FEST concerts, you know the high quality of music that is possible. We can do that AGAIN with YOUR help.

Please check out the link to the Kaiju Crescendo Kickstarter page to find out more and to make your pledge. Remember, no pledge is too small. If we all come together, we can and will make kaiju music come alive again this July in Chicago!

Thank you, and see you at Kaiju Crescendo!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ka ... 0crescendo
Last edited by Tapkaara on Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Music should never show disdain for its audience."
- Akira Ifukube
My website, the OFFICIAL English language website about Akira Ifukube: http://www.akiraifukube.org

MechaMinya
Yojimbo

Re: Kaiju Crescendo Concert - G-FEST 2019

Post by MechaMinya »

This is extremely exciting. I am keen to contribute. What is the deal with tickets to the concert? Is there a pledge level that includes a ticket to the concert or will your G-Fest badge get you in? Thanks for undertaking this wonderful project!

Tapkaara
Monarch Researcher

Post by Tapkaara »

MechaMinya wrote:This is extremely exciting. I am keen to contribute. What is the deal with tickets to the concert? Is there a pledge level that includes a ticket to the concert or will your G-Fest badge get you in? Thanks for undertaking this wonderful project!
Thanks for your question, MechaMinya!

Yes, this is exciting news and if you are keen to make a contribution to this effort, I can tell you that we here at Kaiju Crescendo will be most appreciative! We can’t do this with great supporters like you!

Regarding tickets, those will still have to be purchased separately—there is no pledge level that includes the price of the concert tickets. You’ll note that our Kickstarter goal is $35K. That only begins to cover the many costs associated with putting on a big show like this one. Ticket sales will help to cover remaining costs; it is much more expensive than $35K to rent the concert venue, hire professional musicians, and so forth. The Kickstarter goal of $35K sets the foundation and the rest is built on our ticket sales. I hope that makes sense.

Of course, there are other benefits and cool rewards available to you depending on your pledge level. You can check out the Kickstarter page to see which pledge level works best for you and what rewards you are eligible for.

Again, thank you for your question and feel free to ask more if you need any additional information. We appreciate your interest in Kaiju Crescendo!
- Akira Ifukube
My website, the OFFICIAL English language website about Akira Ifukube: http://www.akiraifukube.org

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

Congrats on reaching the goal. I wasn't able to help fund the project in time, will CDs be available for purchase at a later date at genesis54inc.com?
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

Tapkaara
Monarch Researcher

Post by Tapkaara »

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:Congrats on reaching the goal. I wasn't able to help fund the project in time, will CDs be available for purchase at a later date at genesis54inc.com?
Thanks for your kind congratulations—we are thrilled that we not only met our goal but smashed it. The extra funds will go toward making a great show even greater!

Yes, CDs will eventually be available for purchase, but not through Genesis 54. Kaiju Crescendo is not affiliated with that company. Stay tuned for more information on the CD release.
- Akira Ifukube

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Stoked to hear that funding was a success! Hearing live renditions of some of Oshima's music will certainly be a treat.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock