How will you organize your Godzilla movies?

For the discussion of Toho DVDs, Blu-Rays, CDs, streaming services, VHS, and other formats where Toho films and soundtracks can be found.
Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Re: How will you organize your Godzilla movies?

Post by Arbok »

Kaiju-King42 wrote:I mix and match my Toho monster movies together with Godzilla, chronological order... as best as I can... *glares daggers at Rodan/War of the Gargantuas*
I do the same, but expand that to all Toho movies, produced and distributed.

So Seven Samurai is next to Godzilla just as Kamikaze Girls is next to Godzilla Final Wars. For the bundled titles, like the Rebirth of Mothra Blu-ray set, I'll generally put it at the end of the year for the first movie represented in the set (so in that case at the end of the 1996 titles).... and clearly demonstrating I've probably given this too much thought.
If it bites... don't mess with it!

GoWhaleTours
JXSDF Technician

Post by GoWhaleTours »

Toho films in chronological order, and then monsterverse.
GO GO GOJI KUN

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

I have a general "Tokusatsu" shelf comprised of Japanese Sci-Fi/Fantasy from all studios in order of their release (When applicable). Stuff based off of shows like Ultraman is on a separate TV shelf. I also have some war films and things like The Bullet Train, which aren't SF/Fantasy, but do make use of special effects...an inclusion I'm not sure of (Though guys like Tsuburaya, Nakano and Kawakita did work on the effects for plenty of Toho war films, only one of the three I own really has any).

Skull Island is with my other King Kong movies on another shelf. I honestly can't really see myself buying the anime movies if and when they come out, unless they're heavily clearanced or something.

And don't worry, I own plenty of bootlegs, I just choose not to display them.
Last edited by MaxRebo320 on Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

Ivo-goji wrote:Stacked lazily in a shoebox under the headboard of my bed with a bunch of unrelated DVDs.
Well, now the shoebox is under my tv.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

I have all of the Japanese films in chronological order on one shelf (they exactly fit the length of the shelf), and then on the next shelf I have it as the 98 movie, the 98 cartoon series, and then the 2014 movie.

I keep meaning to put Kong Skull Island before the 2014 movie, but always forget to.

I'm honestly not sure why I still even have the 98 film, but since I'd probably get like 75 cents for it at a second hand store, it's probably worth more just to keep it.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

The only film not in there is The Green Slime as I haven't put it away yet.

Added in 3 hours 25 minutes 28 seconds:
AND I just changed my setup. Now displaying all my toku books, magazines, and movies together with a few figures to spice it up. Now I gotta figure out what to do with all the damn books I just removed.

Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

MikeSTZillak
JXSDF Technician

Post by MikeSTZillak »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:
What's that show next to Ultraman?
Resized Image
#IStandwithVic
#Pro-Life

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Superhumans Samurai (Gridman) on the left and Ultraseven on the right.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983