Monster Discussion: Monster X/Keizer Ghidorah

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.
Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Re: Monster Discussion: Monster X/Keizer Ghidorah

Post by Rhedosaurus »

Terasawa wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Terasawa wrote:It's more credible for Godzilla to be exhausted but it's ridiculous to assume credibility of any kind was on the filmmakers' minds. Keizer Ghidorah is the ultimate foe: he's intended to be that powerful.
It's just hard for me to believe that all things considered. Even more so considering how we don't fully know how strong he is/how poorly he's handled character wise.
Well, the lead Xilien explains that "Keizer" is some type of ultra-evolved version of a species. Pair that with the fact that Keizer Ghidorah is the final opponent in the film (and at this point Godzilla's final opponent ever) and it seems pretty clear that he's supposed to be at least the strongest monster in the film. Godzilla is only able to win when he receives a power up from Keizer mutant (whatever his name is) and is able to blast KG into outer skreeonking space with a supercharged heat ray.

I agree that it's not convincing as the ultimate Godzilla opponent but that's in part because Shinichi Wakasa and company made a really lousy monster costume. I'd say that it's clear that Godzilla and Monster X are supposed to be evenly matched but Keizer Ghidorah is that much stronger than Godzilla. That doesn't make much sense either but that's how they portray it for us.

It's just a shitty movie anyway.
Not only that, but you could argue that Des is stronger then Keizer G, so even that is questionable.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

I just think from the evidence in the film, Keizer G is supposed to be the strongest foe Godzilla had ever fought, at least in that film.

Does that mean that Destoroyah or Gabara or Optimus Prime or whoever else could win against Keizer Ghidorah? I dunno. They're all fictional characters that defy natural laws, so the outcome is dependent on the writer.

I only replied because I didn't think "is Godzilla tired" was ever a possibility, and I tried to use examples from the film to elaborate. I think that would be writing that's even too bad for Final Wars.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Unit~NoA
G-Force Personnel

Post by Unit~NoA »

Terasawa wrote:I just think from the evidence in the film, Keizer G is supposed to be the strongest foe Godzilla had ever fought, at least in that film.
He's canonically the strongest live-action rival throught the franchise, as stated by Toho consecutively for 10 years (2004-2014). I'm not sure how he holds up now having anime and Legendary Ghidorah around.

I appreciate Monster X/Keizer Ghidorah, from design, powers, to the idea of morphing. Greatly disappointed such articulated suit design for X wasn't used to its fullest potential though. There was alot of promise of better tooth and claw fighting that we didn't see since the Showa series, but X's skillset leaves alot to be desired.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Honestly I think the transformation into Keizer Ghidorah makes Monster X less interesting. His design is sick and you could really build up some mystery around his origins. Oh well, can't help it now

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

The more time goes by the more I wish they hadn't included any kind of transformation. Monster X's design is interesting, but every time I think for more than a minute, oh, it's just a stangely humanoid Ghidorah in there?
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.