The Gorilla Whale Hub

A place to play and organize role playing games on the forums with others. "Mafia" games welcome.
Missingno.
G-Grasper

Re: The Gorilla Whale Hub

Post by Missingno. »

Edited my most recent post to accommodate for my error. It's pretty small due to time constraints, but sets up for some more exploration of the themes present at the time period we are set in; which I will probably write within the next two days.
TK's resident other 1980's fan who longs for that decade's return, and severe weather fanatic.
LSD Jellyfish wrote:WOW WHAT HONOL. SO KOOR, VERY JOUZU KAWAII SOU DESU NE. AHHHH OKII CHINKO DESU KA. MMMMM CHICHI, WATSHI NO MANKO NI CHINKO O IKYUUUUUUUU
NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum
Resized ImageResized Image
The 80's----The weather!

Missingno.
G-Grasper

Post by Missingno. »

Update: I'm still alive, I've just had to write my next post very slowly. My work schedule these past few weeks has been very wonky, and it's really cut into my free time. But I'll try to let it create minimal interference in regards to this RP.
TK's resident other 1980's fan who longs for that decade's return, and severe weather fanatic.
LSD Jellyfish wrote:WOW WHAT HONOL. SO KOOR, VERY JOUZU KAWAII SOU DESU NE. AHHHH OKII CHINKO DESU KA. MMMMM CHICHI, WATSHI NO MANKO NI CHINKO O IKYUUUUUUUU
NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum
The 80's----The weather!

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

I’ll be back by tomorrow as well, mates; I’ve been incredibly ill over the past few days and it’s only finally started breaking up.

#BotM

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

I'll wait for you guys to post. I kind of wrote myself into a narrative corner to where I can't really do anything without you lol
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Soooooo....can I take Heisei Gamera? I feel like there's a ton of potential for him, he could come into conflict with Godzilla as a sort of ying and yang. Maybe they can even ally in the future? Besides, I need a hero monster to play as so I can do more lol
Last edited by Breakdown on Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Breakdown wrote:Soooooo....can I take Heisei Gamera? I feel like there's a ton of potential for him, he could come into conflict with Godzilla as a sort of ying and yang. Maybe they can even ally in the future? Besides, I need a hero monster to play as so I can do more lol
Hmm, Gamera would be interesting to have. I give you me blessing, mate ;).

#BotM

Gojirawars 03
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gojirawars 03 »

Lol I think Gigan hasn't seen much in his time. His head has a nasty habit of just falling off. Him and Mechagodzilla both, huh?
"The time has come, finally, to put our technology to the final test."
-Dr. Asimov

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8S9Rq ... r78nzbs-FQ

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Gamera's intro post is up. If only he had arrived in Tokyo in 1954 a day sooner :cry:
ImageImage

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Great posts, guys and really sorry for the lack of responses from me as of late. A combination of being sicker than an ill doggo and work has knocked me off my game a bit, but tomorrow will definitely see a short post from me to keep things moving in Osaka, and then we’ll be nearly ready for the next time skip once everybody else has finished up whatever bits they needed to do.

#BotM

Gojirawars 03
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gojirawars 03 »

Godzilla165 wrote:Great posts, guys and really sorry for the lack of responses from me as of late. A combination of being sicker than an ill doggo and work has knocked me off my game a bit, but tomorrow will definitely see a short post from me to keep things moving in Osaka, and then we’ll be nearly ready for the next time skip once everybody else has finished up whatever bits they needed to do.
Sounds good. Once the time skip happens, I’ll probably let Gigan arrive on E-17 at last.

And Breakdown, I’m very intrigued to see how you’ll fit Gamera into this story. Good choice of hero Kaiju, I think. He’ll make a great counterbalance to the slightly more Heisei-esqe, anti-hero Godzilla we have in this story.
Last edited by Gojirawars 03 on Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Dr. Asimov

Dr. Carter
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dr. Carter »

Question, Breakdown, where's Gamera's bio?

Also, oh man, four way brawl in Osaka? XD;; It was going to be bad enough with Walterrus, Byakkan and Draborgman duking it out once the JSDF stopped their attack on the protector. Now the Guardian of the Universe throws down? Will that poor city ever get a rest? XD

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Dr. Carter wrote:Question, Breakdown, where's Gamera's bio?

Also, oh man, four way brawl in Osaka? XD;; It was going to be bad enough with Walterrus, Byakkan and Draborgman duking it out once the JSDF stopped their attack on the protector. Now the Guardian of the Universe throws down? Will that poor city ever get a rest? XD
Whoops, totally forgot that haha. Ill edit this post with his bio when I get the chance.

@Gojiwars

Pretty much the same as the Heisei series did; he and his bretheren where created by Atlantis to fight monsters but ultimately failed to prevent their downfall. Gamera will see this as an opportunity for redemption.

Originally he was going to go to Japan and kill the 1954 Godzilla but humanity already took care of it by the time he arrived. I may also introduce Gyaos after the MechaGodzilla arc concludes, or if someone else wants to use them. Also I just realized, when the MechaGodzilla arc reaches it's climax, Gamera would be obligated to get involved due to his role as a protector. Mircomanaging bkth MechaGodzilla AND Gamera in the same battle is going to be a challenge for sure, but a fun one.

Spoiler:
Name: Gamera

Height: 80 Meters

Weight: 60,000 metric tons

Powers: Plasma fireballs, elbow spikes, flight via rocket thrusters, hard carapace, tusks, Mana beam, extreme pain tolerance/endurance, chromosome manipulation.

Personality: Benevolent towards humans and mankind in general, but is hyper-aggressive towards monsters that threaten humanity and Earth itself. Gamera is relentless in tracking down and destroying hostile kaiju.

Backstory: Gamera is a genetically engineered life-form created by the ancient civilization of Atlantis. Once there were hundreds of Gameras, but all except for one where slain in battle against kaiju that eventually destroyed the civilization of Atlantis. Awakened by the 1954 Godzilla's rampage and seeking redemption, Gamera moved to intercept the monster, but arrived to find that humanity had prevailed over the creature. Gamera now lies dormant, waiting until mankind is in need.
Last edited by Breakdown on Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:07 pm, edited 6 times in total.
ImageImage

Missingno.
G-Grasper

Post by Missingno. »

It's like the otherworldly forces deciding my fate didn't want me writing here at all. Work, illness, and personal setbacks just left me with no time or focus to respond, but here I am now.
NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum
The 80's----The weather!

Dr. Carter
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dr. Carter »

Whew, that took a while... But there it is, action packed as it was. XD;;; Seems that Walterrus, Byakkan and Draborgman now have an understanding of sorts going on. Also left a little wiggle room for Gamera to jump Walterrus and Byakkan if you still want to, Breakdown. As well as possibility for Anguirus to observe what happened, JAGzilla.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Nah, Anguirus is still too far out at sea. I'll have him reach Japan after the next time skip. And I don't want him to know anything about other kaiju until he meets one up close.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Gojirawars 03
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gojirawars 03 »

So to make it clear...
Spoiler:
Nobody is going to take issue if I kill off Kumonga, right? Because Gigan needs information about Earth’s monsters, and he doesn’t exactly promise to leave his informant alive.
-Dr. Asimov

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Go for it, bud.

Also, it’ll be interesting to see how Godzilla, Walterrus, Byakan and now Gamera will resolve their differences once they all finally meet. You have three Kaiju who virtually have the same end goal in mind: Protect humanity and the Earth. But then, you’ve got this radical and wholly unnatural entity waging his own personal war against the former, because of their incredibly brash and foolish actions. Kaiju, “philosophy”, will definitely come into play hard here.
Last edited by Godzilla165 on Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#BotM

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Gamera begins his crusade!

https://youtu.be/wMt1oPuzrcY
ImageImage

Monster X
G-Force Personnel

Post by Monster X »

The Dinosaur Kingdom are set up for the next stage of events.The new dinosaurs are...

Name: Chirako
Spoiler:
Length: 69 meters in length
Weight: 51'000 tons
Powers/Abilities: Chirako has the standerd weapons of an Styracosaurus. She can breath fire, however she can also fire an even more powerful yellow heat ray from her mouth. Her skin is tough enough to resist most conventional weapons and her burrowing ability is so great she is able come out of the ground into a full charge.
Personality: A strong warrior among the rank and file of the Dinosaur Kingdom forces. She's a fairly smart fighter with more combat experience then the likes of Gorgo. She's been team mates with Arrow for a long time and the two fight well together.
Name: Arrow
Spoiler:
Height: 70 Meters
Weight: 49'000 tons
Powers/Abilities: Arrow has the standerd weapons of an Allosaurus. He's able to breath out plumes of highly radioactive gas as well as fire focused red blast of radiation. His skin is tough enough to resist most conventional weapons, has a high tolerance for pain and is capable of burrowing.
Personality: A strong warrior among the rank and file of the Dinosaur Kingdom forces. He's a fairly smart fighter with more combat experience then the likes of Gorgo. He's been team mates with Chirako for a long time and the two fight well together.
Name: Terano
Spoiler:
Height: 65 Meters
Weight: 35'000 Tons
Powers/Abilities: Terano has the standerd weapons of an Pteranodon. He's able to fly at Mach 2 and generate hurricane force winds with his wings. Like most members of the Dinosaur Kingdom he can breath fire and his skin is resistant to most conventional weapons. Under Ururu's mind control he can now shoot yellow mind control rays from his eyes. These rays allow him to control bats. Bats under Terano's control turn yellow, becoming stronger and durable then befor such as being able to withstand gunfire.
Personality: Despite not being a weakling, Terano is an abject coward who'll do anything to avoid a fight. Under Ururu's mind control however he's a soulless killing machine who'll keep fighting no matter how hurt he is.
Name: Aroro
Spoiler:
Length: 70 Meters
Weight: 53'000 tons
Powers/Abilities: Aroro has the standerd weapons of an Ankylosaurus. Her thick armour plating grants her resistance to all conventional weapons and can even widthstand a few hits from strong kaiju also. She can breath fire and burrow underfround. Under Ururu's mind control she can now shoot red mind control rays from his eyes. These rays allow him to control rats. Rats under Aroro's control turn red, becoming stronger and durable then befor such as being able to withstand gunfire.
Personality: Natrually Aroro is a gental giant who dosen't like fighting. Under Ururu's mind control however she's a soulless killing machine who'll keep fighting no matter how hurt she is.
As for that last creature Ururu sent out... well I'll keep that as a little surprise for now.
Last edited by Monster X on Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:13 am, edited 4 times in total.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Gonna have a reply up soon. Been busy with life.
ImageImage