Talkback: Godzilla Final Wars (2004)

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.
latinothor
GPN Volunteer

Re: Talkback: Godzilla Final Wars (2004)

Post by latinothor »

Jeff-Goldblum2 wrote:
Just rewatched Godzilla: Final Wars yet again. One bit that never gets mentioned but is quite amusing is that there are two guys dressed in full summer clothing and Hawaiian shirts in the middle of a remote South Pole base.

Probably because they're cranking the heat and trying to "think warm" is how I always took it.
You're referring to MMA/kickboxing legends Ray Sefo and Gary Goodridge. They were living the life, relaxing listening to some good tunes (Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla), all forms of technological entertainment, and a REAL espresso machine. Sadly, it was short lived.
:
Part of the fight between Final Goji and Monster X resembles the fight between Don fry and the monster Takada:

https://vimeo.com/99784202

Jeff-Goldblum2
G-Force Personnel

Post by Jeff-Goldblum2 »

Grievous wrote:
Jeff-Goldblum2 wrote:Just rewatched Godzilla: Final Wars yet again. One bit that never gets mentioned but is quite amusing is that there are two guys dressed in full summer clothing and Hawaiian shirts in the middle of a remote South Pole base.
Oh yeah...those two innocent men who were blasted into pieces by Godzilla once he was let out of his frozen hell.

;)
"Uh Oh" In a nonchalant delivery. The other barely emotes at all to his imminent demise.

Hilarious.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

You know what I was just thinking of in regards to this film?

A GFW Megalon to team up with the GFW Gigan.

That would've been real cool.

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

Jeff-Goldblum2 wrote:"Uh Oh" In a nonchalant delivery. The other barely emotes at all to his imminent demise.

Hilarious.
Yeah...

I would have had a more animated reaction than that.
The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!

latinothor
GPN Volunteer

Post by latinothor »

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

latinothor wrote:I bet you would :roll:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYzc3aMI-y4
God I love that scene.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

latinothor wrote:I bet you would :roll:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYzc3aMI-y4
Its not the same thing dingus.

One is accepting his fate.
The other is caught off guard but barely emotes emotions...some might say bad acting.

latinothor
GPN Volunteer

Post by latinothor »

Did I say there are the same, Mr Dingus?

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

latinothor wrote:
Your stupid eye roll insinuated that.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

goji89 wrote:
latinothor wrote:
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Maritonic wrote:
goji89 wrote:
latinothor wrote:
You've captured my reaction to 90% of this forum lately.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

eabaker wrote:
Maritonic wrote:
goji89 wrote:
You've captured my reaction to 90% of this forum lately.
I believe I said the other day that this entire forum has become one large cringe thread.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

latinothor
GPN Volunteer

Post by latinothor »

latinothor wrote:

Well, you read that wrong. The 'stupid' eye roll emoticon was at a prior comment.

The Youtube video was a similar example of a 'non-much-animated reaction' at an impending end.

Added in 3 minutes 22 seconds:
I believe I said the other day that this entire forum has become one large cringe thread.
I'm in somewhat of an agreement with your statement. And I barely post.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

They really try too hard to push the “coolness” factor in this movie and it just does not work…
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:They really try too hard to push the “coolness” factor in this movie and it just does not work…
I'm just curious, are you going into every Final Wars thread to trash it? Nothing wrong with that, I'm honestly just curious.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Maritonic wrote:
PitchBlackProgress wrote:They really try too hard to push the “coolness” factor in this movie and it just does not work…
I'm just curious, are you going into every Final Wars thread to trash it? Nothing wrong with that, I'm honestly just curious.
Why do I get the feeling someone could have strolled in here singing endless praise in every FW related thread here and you would have never opened your mouth?

Besides, what I said could hardly be considered “trashing” I assure you.
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:47 am, edited 4 times in total.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:
Maritonic wrote:
Is it any different than going to every GFW thread there is to praise it? I’ve seen many a member do that and no one bats an eye…

Who do I get the feeling someone could have sung endless praise in every FW related thread and you would have never opened your mouth?
Chill the fuck out, man.

I have called out people for going into every single open thread for a movie at a given moment to blow a movie up.

Remember the part when I said "Nothing wrong with that, I'm honestly just curious"? Because I really don't give a fuck. I'm just curious if that was your intention.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Was it a earnest question or are you calling me out because your post makes it uncertain. You evidently care enough to ask.
Stop taking this so personal, someones allowed to give their opinion, whether negative or positive.
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
#slatternking

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

I've always thought they were pushing the "campiness" & it worked if you liked camp.
The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Grievous wrote:
I"campiness" & it worked if you liked camp.
It really didn’t though and I’d know, my favorite films are the more campy Showa ones like Astro Monster, Sea Monster, Gigan and Megalon, it’s all about execution and Final Wars did an ass job at conveying anything.
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
#slatternking