The Commonly Asked Questions Thread

A place for users to address comments, suggestions, submissions, or errors found on Toho Kingdom and its forum.
MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Re: The Commonly Asked Questions Thread

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Is the new member DaikaijuGigabrowser some sort of clone or something of GigaBowserG? Or just a pearly coincidence?
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Is the new member DaikaijuGigabrowser some sort of clone or something of GigaBowserG? Or just a pearly coincidence?
How is this a commonly asked question?

Dunno, probably a creative use of Daikaiju and Gigabowser. The latter is popular after all.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

SpaceG92 wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Is the new member DaikaijuGigabrowser some sort of clone or something of GigaBowserG? Or just a pearly coincidence?
How is this a commonly asked question?

Dunno, probably a creative use of Daikaiju and Gigabowser. The latter is popular after all.
Sorry I thought it was the normal 'Questions Thread" :lol: .
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

"Why do some users have different colored names? Like red, green and blue?"
SpaceG92 wrote:They are part of special forum user groups, each of which corresponds with a color. Red for Forum Administrators. Green for Forum Moderators. Blue for Site staff. These 3 make up The team. Keep in mind, that is if the users of the site staff have a forum account.

You can also view different user rank colors in the "Legend" area on the bottom of forum index (main page). From there you can select each usergroup and view the users in each group.
Resized Image

MikeSTZillak
JXSDF Technician

Post by MikeSTZillak »

What does things like "Yojimbo", and "EDF Soldier" mean?
Resized Image
#IStandwithVic
#Pro-Life

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

MikeSTZillak wrote:What does things like "Yojimbo", and "EDF Soldier" mean?
Those are just fun little roles for people with higher post counts, like how I'm a "Seatopian Daikaiju" right now. Your role will change after a certain milestone of posts.

If you meant what do those roles actually mean, well "Yojimbo" is a Japanese word that basically means "bouncer" or "bodyguard" and is the title of an Akira Kurosawa film released by Toho. "EDF Soldier" is an acronym for "Earth Defense Force Soldier" which I belive is basically an all-purpose term for your standard sci-fi action team like G-FORCE.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

UltramanGoji wrote:
MikeSTZillak wrote:What does things like "Yojimbo", and "EDF Soldier" mean?
Those are just fun little roles for people with higher post counts, like how I'm a "Seatopian Daikaiju" right now. Your role will change after a certain milestone of posts.

If you meant what do those roles actually mean, well "Yojimbo" is a Japanese word that basically means "bouncer" or "bodyguard" and is the title of an Akira Kurosawa film released by Toho. "EDF Soldier" is an acronym for "Earth Defense Force Soldier" which I belive is basically an all-purpose term for your standard sci-fi action team like G-FORCE.
+1!

Been thinning of adding ALOT more and a rank higher then the "yet to be attained rank higher then Seatopian Demigod". Yes, there is one ;) See more viewtopic.php?f=21&t=26673 since it was partially connected.

Dr.Cgad
Samurai

Post by Dr.Cgad »

Will a R.P.O Mechagodzilla avatar be added?
Try not to get sucked into the vortex of hell Billy!

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

What is this?

:basan:
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:What is this?

:basan:
Basan was an old holdover from when the forums were much more customizable. Basically, there was a contest to design a Toho Kingdom mascot and this one was designed by a former user. He's basically a big space goose monster.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

I thought it was a mutant Mudkip :lol:

So who is the Toho Kingdom mascot?
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:I thought it was a mutant Mudkip :lol:

The admin who ran the contest quit years ago and there was only one entry IIRC. Basan is basically the unofficial mascot.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

UltramanGoji wrote:
PitchBlackProgress wrote:I thought it was a mutant Mudkip :lol:

The admin who ran the contest quit years ago and there was only one entry IIRC. Basan is basically the unofficial mascot.
Ssssh, we like to forget about Basan. Personally I voted for TK-man

Though at this point, our mascot might as well be a Bagan with a Fedora.

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I'm new so I thought this is the best place to ask since new members might have asked this before me.

I'm having problems having a picture of Rhedosaurus as my profile pic, can somebody help me? It would be much appreciated.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Rhedosaurus wrote:Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I'm new so I thought this is the best place to ask since new members might have asked this before me.

I'm having problems having a picture of Rhedosaurus as my profile pic, can somebody help me? It would be much appreciated.
You need to have a certain number posts until you're allowed a profile. I think it's like 10? Not sure.

RIP Evan.

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I'm new so I thought this is the best place to ask since new members might have asked this before me.

You need to have a certain number posts until you're allowed a profile. I think it's like 10? Not sure.
OK. Thanks for answering.

Mastergodzilla
GPN Volunteer

Post by Mastergodzilla »

how do i delete my account
:baragon: :destoroyah: :muto: :bagan: :g2k: :monsterx: :gigan: :mechagodzilla: :spacegodzilla: :g64: :godzilla: :tk:
Check out my YouTube Channel, GodzillaFan2004! Has everything Godzilla, from reviews of fan films to fan films themselves! Please subscribe!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR1qg2 ... 4JEFNvBhCw

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Mastergodzilla wrote:how do i delete my account
PM a staff member and ask them to ban you.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

UltramanGoji wrote:
Mastergodzilla wrote:how do i delete my account
PM a staff member and ask them to ban you
That is actually something we tend to not do.

There is no "self user termination" button enabled on the board. For the foreseeable future it will probably remain that way.
Last edited by SpaceG92 on Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Gojirawars 03
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gojirawars 03 »

Do you think we could ever get more kaiju smilies? Maybe some more like The different era incarnations like Kiryu and Heisei Mechagodzilla, Monsterverse designs, Shin Godzilla, Anime Trilogy designs, or more kaiju in general like Rodan, Ghidorah, or Mothra. Not sure if any admins or mods would see this, but I think it could be a nice touch to help posts stand out more.
"The time has come, finally, to put our technology to the final test."
-Dr. Asimov

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8S9Rq ... r78nzbs-FQ