Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
GojiDude95
Interpol Agent

Re: Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

Post by GojiDude95 »

Hmmm......

Added in 21 seconds:
It's just the prototype

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

AAH!

Next time put a warning before there's jump scare. Jeez.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Coming soon, SH Monsterarts Battle Damaged King Ghidorah with scuplted broken jaw!

really, is it that big a deal? It's an articulated jaw, you can fix it. Derp eyes, now that's a problem. This? Not really.

RIP Evan.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Coming soon, SH Monsterarts Battle Damaged King Ghidorah with scuplted broken jaw!

really, is it that big a deal? It's an articulated jaw, you can fix it. Derp eyes, now that's a problem. This? Not really.
This is just one photo.... plenty more will come to show if the QC is lacking
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

SoggyNoodles2016

Godzilla21 wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Coming soon, SH Monsterarts Battle Damaged King Ghidorah with scuplted broken jaw!

Exactly my point. Though I'm trying to be optimistic and hope the QC's better.

RIP Evan.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
Godzilla21 wrote:

Exactly my point. Though I'm trying to be optimistic and hope the QC's better.
You are much more optimistic than I am. For some reason I think this will have bad QC
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

Naruto65
Futurian

Post by Naruto65 »

That photo and post is just trying to stir the pot. Any jaw that's on a ball joint is able to be crooked since it's poseable. He should know better than that. Tamashii always sends him the worst figures, he just mad.

GhidoGoji
Gotengo Officer

Post by GhidoGoji »

Is the Articulation Series down right now? Says it's taking too long to respond.
VPN fixed it

Is it better to pre-order from Eknight or Amazon? Eknight is cheaper, but I have more experience with Amazon & can trust them with returns if I get a dud QC-wise.
Last edited by GhidoGoji on Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MandaSaurus wrote:@Maritonic: No, most people's aren't. But I have an eye for detail that few here can match. I've been collecting longer than most of you have been alive. I'm also nearsighted, which means that I see things up close CRYSTAL-clear, which means I can point out details & differences like the guy who sculpted the item. So, forgive me if there's only a handful of folks in these forums whose opinion I put on a par with MINE...

Naruto65
Futurian

Post by Naruto65 »

Go with Eknightmedia if cost is a factor. $160 shipped. If you like flexibility with returns, Amazon would be better for you.

GhidoGoji
Gotengo Officer

Post by GhidoGoji »

Naruto65 wrote:Go with Eknightmedia if cost is a factor. $160 shipped. If you like flexibility with returns, Amazon would be better for you.
Yeah, that's what I just said...?

Also, some speculation on potential releases based on JAKKS' figures (KOTM Spoilers):
Spoiler:
The three JAKKS "battle packs" each contain a different version of Godzilla: Regular, Atomic Breath, & Burning/Fire. Obviously, the regular version has been revealed for MonsterArts, but the other two seem like strong candidates for repaints in the not-so-distant future. Going off of the JAKKS figures & the trailer, they should have glowing eyes & plates, and potentially the mouth as well with Atomic's being blue and Burning's being red (along with fire designs on the body). If that's the case, we could be looking at two figures with solid coloring in the eyes and mouth, so they should be immune to the more frequent MA QC issues.
MandaSaurus wrote:@Maritonic: No, most people's aren't. But I have an eye for detail that few here can match. I've been collecting longer than most of you have been alive. I'm also nearsighted, which means that I see things up close CRYSTAL-clear, which means I can point out details & differences like the guy who sculpted the item. So, forgive me if there's only a handful of folks in these forums whose opinion I put on a par with MINE...

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

godzilla1541 wrote:Oof. That teeth paint https://www.instagram.com/p/Bsg-NfhhMd7 ... as1hwcbqn5
The white line strikes again.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Naruto65
Futurian

Post by Naruto65 »

GhidoGoji wrote:
Naruto65 wrote:Go with Eknightmedia if cost is a factor. $160 shipped. If you like flexibility with returns, Amazon would be better for you.
I don't know what other kind of response you were expecting. You've got the info, just go with what you are comfortable with.
Last edited by Naruto65 on Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

the-killer-wc
JXSDF Technician

Post by the-killer-wc »

MM Raids Again wrote:
godzilla1541 wrote:Oof. That teeth paint https://www.instagram.com/p/Bsg-NfhhMd7 ... as1hwcbqn5
The white line strikes again.
Welp, at least I have more experience with paints now, will be an easy custom, as long as the red doesn't goes to the whole face again i can do it.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Wait?...... aren't the prototypes supposed to show how amazing they should look? I mean in past issues they looked damn near great and the actual figure would look not so great. What happened? Well, at least we know what we are getting......;)

GhidoGoji
Gotengo Officer

Post by GhidoGoji »

Naruto65 wrote:
GhidoGoji wrote:
I don't know what other kind of response you were expecting. You've got the info, just go with what you are comfortable with.
Personal experiences, early/lateness of release, shipping time, customer service, etc.

SoggyNoodles2016

GhidoGoji wrote:
Naruto65 wrote:
GhidoGoji wrote:
Personal experiences, early/lateness of release, shipping time, customer service, etc.
Ok.

Personal experiences: easy tracking once I figured out how to track (not a knock against the company, I'm just technologically inept), easiest site I've ordered from.

Release was day or two late, on standard shipping.

Shipping took about a week or two.

Not sure about customer service because I didn't need to talk to them and I had no idea how (again, techonolgically inept).

Etc: They seem a lot more open about shipping? Like, most other sites have shipping as the second to last thing, while it's like right on the order site thing. Not something major (hell, other sites probably do it), but if you're like me and are collecting on a budget, it's good to know what you're getting before your wallet gets fucked by $10 extra shipping.

RIP Evan.

tycerium
Samurai

Post by tycerium »

KingKaiju wrote:Anyone have experience ordering from Eknightmedia? I preordered Ghidorah and Godzilla From BBTS, but I’ll save about $33 on Eknight.
How securely does Eknightmedia ship items? One thing I like about Big Bad Toy Store is that they package items very safely, so they arrive undamaged. In contrast, amazon has always been extremely rough with the toys I've bought from them. I've had a Bandai Godzilla arrive with no tail, for example.

GojiDude95
Interpol Agent

Post by GojiDude95 »

Naruto65 wrote:That photo and post is just trying to stir the pot. Any jaw that's on a ball joint is able to be crooked since it's poseable. He should know better than that. Tamashii always sends him the worst figures, he just mad.
But I literally just said it's just the prototype.
And yeah I am aware of how badly they pose their figures when it comes to toy shows ex gmk and heck kiryu was on its back in of the recent ones.

Naruto65
Futurian

Post by Naruto65 »

GojiDude95 wrote:
Naruto65 wrote:That photo and post is just trying to stir the pot. Any jaw that's on a ball joint is able to be crooked since it's poseable. He should know better than that. Tamashii always sends him the worst figures, he just mad.
But I literally just said it's just the prototype.
And yeah I am aware of how badly they pose their figures when it comes to toy shows ex gmk and heck kiryu was on its back in of the recent ones.
You misunderstand. My commentary was directed to who posted the Facebook post...
Last edited by Naruto65 on Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.