Say Something Positive About The Anime Trilogy

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
MrGoji1999
Monarch Researcher

Re: Say Something Positive About The Anime Trilogy

Post by MrGoji1999 »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
Destorogoji wrote:This song is glory for my ears.
Or maybe depression, which fits in a great way.
[youtube]]
Interesting how the whole song is in English!
Yeah, that was really impressive! Hearing the full version of Live and Die was amazing, definitely the best XAI song from this trilogy! Also, I am the only one that thinks this song has a RWBY vibe to it?
Now I have become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds- J. Robert Oppenheimer.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

The two novels were good.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

Ghidorah and how he's handled.
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

The movies not even out in the west yet.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

I love the soundtrack, and I'm not talking about the XAI stuff. Takayuki Hattori I think is underrated, and I think the anime stuff is the best soundtrack(s) he's ever done for anything Godzilla. I also love Godzilla Earth's design. I love the look of a blue Godzilla, and that beard is sexy.

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

DirektorSplennic wrote:I love the soundtrack, and I'm not talking about the XAI stuff. Takayuki Hattori I think is underrated, and I think the anime stuff is the best soundtrack(s) he's ever done for anything Godzilla. I also love Godzilla Earth's design. I love the look of a blue Godzilla, and that beard is sexy.
This.
I consider Takayuki as one of the best Godzilla composers ever.
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Destorogoji wrote:This song is glory for my ears.
Or maybe depression, which fits in a great way.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvF1zSIi3wM
I can +1 this.

I prefer Fall into Dark and I swear its gunna be my ringtone for a bit.

I can posts a small list - but while skeptical at first, and I still hate the weird root toes. I really dig the Anime designs for Godzilla, MG and Ghidorah.

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

Godzilla looks kinda neat.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

FlawedCoil82
G-Force Personnel

Post by FlawedCoil82 »

Wow....something "positive". :dizzy: OK, well when this series was first announced, I was pretty excited as I had dreamed of seeing a Godzilla anime being done. So initially before I saw the finished product, the announcement of a "Godzilla anime" brought me a lot of high hopes (of course, none of which came even remotely close to matching the expectations I had built up). And sure, most of the human animation is done quite well. But that is really all the "positive" I have to say about this series.
Katatonia, Within Temptation, Klone, Tool, Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Flaw, Breaking Benjamin, The Birthday Massacre, My Epic, Autumn, A Perfect Circle, Evanescence, Bush, Silverchair ('94-'01), Evergrey, Metallica, etc.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

Part 3 was cool
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

Darth Kiryu
JXSDF Technician

Post by Darth Kiryu »

The soundtrack is great. I like the monster designs. They had good ideas with the plot.

Yeah, I think three positive things is good enough.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

It's over
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

Titanoterror98
Interpol Agent

Post by Titanoterror98 »

So good-bye, yellow-spiked necks~!

Where the flaws of anime fight.

You can't keep me all that invested...

It's good that Legendary's got the rights!

And that's all I wrote...
Last edited by Titanoterror98 on Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Kaiju are underrated." - Me
"Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own." - Proverbs 3:5
"The only lemon content that should be on the internet is Lemon Demon music." - The Dapper Critter(A.K.A. Also me)

GojiDog
G-Grasper

Post by GojiDog »

I'll add a new one after seeing Planet Eater.

Ghidorah's introduction scene was awesome.
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.

Titanoterror98
Interpol Agent

Post by Titanoterror98 »

GojiDog wrote:I'll add a new one after seeing Planet Eater.

Ghidorah's introduction scene was awesome.
It was though, wasn't it? I was really excited about them delivering an eldritch abomination Ghidorah and I feel they delivered.
"Kaiju are underrated." - Me
"Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own." - Proverbs 3:5
"The only lemon content that should be on the internet is Lemon Demon music." - The Dapper Critter(A.K.A. Also me)

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Godzilla literally being a force of nature was awesome. He's a part of the Earth, so it makes sense.

Also, they reinvented Mugal. Nuff' said coming from a guy who sees TOMG as his favorite G film.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

The concept of Godzilla being the literal planet and Ghidorah being higher on the food chain (as a planet eater/black hole) was really cool to see, made sense for Godzilla to be so helpless.

Plus the music and sound design for Planet Eater was creepy and very Biollante-esq.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

They tried something different in a film franchise that can often rely too much on the nostalgia of the stories of the past.
PitchBlackProgress wrote:The concept of Godzilla being the literal planet and Ghidorah being higher on the food chain (as a planet eater/black hole) was really cool to see, made sense for Godzilla to be so helpless.
Completely agree with this. MechaGodzilla City spreading in an attempt to create a new, completely tech-based Earth was great too, it really makes him a true MechaGodzilla in that sense. I thought the way they handled the concept of Godzilla and his enemies was brilliant.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Dr. Professor wrote:They tried something different in a film franchise that can often rely too much on the nostalgia of the stories of the past.
Completely agree with this. MechaGodzilla City spreading in an attempt to create a new, completely tech-based Earth was great too, it really makes him a true MechaGodzilla in that sense. I thought the way they handled the concept of Godzilla and his enemies was brilliant.
Took the words right outa my mouth, Dr. Professor.
We must be bonded by either nature or nanometal :lol:
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

bessantj
Ronin

Post by bessantj »

I really liked the animation style. the design of the characters was visually quite interesting. They had a very interesting concept for Ghidorah. Though quite predictable for a Godzilla fan I think the plot had just enough in it for the films.