Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
UltramanGoji

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Post by UltramanGoji »

I think it's silly to think anyone has a frothing hatred of a film just because they use the word "hate". It's just a synonym for "dislike" these days.
goji89 wrote:
Holy shiit. Did hell freeze over or some crap like that because .....YOU make a joke post? No its imposibru.
I was in a good mood when I posted that. :)

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Maritonic wrote:
goji89 wrote:
Maritonic wrote: We can talk in a PM because I don't feel like starting an anime war on here.
Bullshiit......How in the fuq are you starting a war and take it elsewhere? Nah, we want to see this devolve into full blown battle. Its like watching a movie only for it to end on a cliffhanger....No. No. You fight here in the arena like any TK'er would do.

PM's are for skreeonkers.
So is editing your posts ;)
I edited bitches for fuckers.......There are kids watching this site. I didnt want to come off too strong for their virgin eyes.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

UltramanGoji wrote:I think it's silly to think anyone has a frothing hatred of a film just because they use the word "hate". It's just a synonym for "dislike" these days.
goji89 wrote:
Holy shiit. Did hell freeze over or some crap like that because .....YOU make a joke post? No its imposibru.
I was in a good mood when I posted that. :)
"Frothing hatred". Good name for a metal band. TK METAL BAND. NEW ALBUM DROPPING 2020!

Added in 32 seconds:
goji89 wrote:
Maritonic wrote:
goji89 wrote:
Bullshiit......How in the fuq are you starting a war and take it elsewhere? Nah, we want to see this devolve into full blown battle. Its like watching a movie only for it to end on a cliffhanger....No. No. You fight here in the arena like any TK'er would do.

PM's are for skreeonkers.
So is editing your posts ;)
I edited bitches for fuckers.......There are kids watching this site. I didnt want to come off too strong for their virgin eyes.
Censorship too? This is why I can't take Godzilla vs. Biollante seriously. Go listen to Bio Wars and rethink your life.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

UltramanGoji wrote: I was in a good mood when I posted that. :)
:shock: ....Yup, its official Hell just froze over. A good mood? You, Mr.Serious?

Yes, yes...Let the goji89 flow through you.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Maritonic wrote:Go listen to Bio Wars and rethink your life.
By total coincidence, i was listening to Bio Wars on shuffle when I read this. :lol:

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

goji89 wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: I really liked the anime as well! It's our precious child, and if anyone shitz on them because of the monzter battlez I will activate the Oxygen Destroyer and sacrifice myself. :lol:
i hate the anime trilogy cuz of the monster battles.

see ya! :P
Not cool tyrantgoji. So you want this guy to off himself or something? This is a morbid post coming from you.
i was just playing along with the joke MechaGoji did, i don't want him to actually die. i don't want anyone hear dead.
Last edited by Gigantis on Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

UltramanGoji wrote:I think it's silly to think anyone has a frothing hatred of a film just because they use the word "hate". It's just a synonym for "dislike" these days.
Yes, I know what he meant, but like, we all know of those fans that legitimately hate things like the new Star Wars stuff for example, and go batshit crazy, I'm just glad there's no Godziller fans like that.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Tyler Kuykendall
Ronin

Re: Godzilla Unpopular Opinions

Post by Tyler Kuykendall »

Dracostar44 wrote:I love Monster X/Keizer Ghidorah
Not so much Fat Ghidorah, but I too love Monster X.

Also, for everyone who complained about Godzilla's amount of screen-time in the 2014 movie... the M.U.T.O. were entertaining to watch before the big throw-down near the end.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I don’t mind the “rip-off” scenes in the Godzilla films,
Specifically the terminator, Indiana Jones, alien and matrix stuff. I don’t think any of them are done particularly bad, a lot of it with the exception of the matrix stuff in GFW, are pretty short and don’t detract from the films. This especially rings true for Destroyah, who has a design that is completely original, with the exception of the earlier stage having that mouth punching thing. Yet suddenly that ruins the entire design of Destroyah? I don’t get it
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:I don’t mind the “rip-off” scenes in the Godzilla films,
Specifically the terminator, Indiana Jones, alien and matrix stuff. I don’t think any of them are done particularly bad, a lot of it with the exception of the matrix stuff in GFW, are pretty short and don’t detract from the films. This especially rings true for Destroyah, who has a design that is completely original, with the exception of the earlier stage having that mouth punching thing. Yet suddenly that ruins the entire design of Destroyah? I don’t get it
Personally I've always felt that the weird tongue-mouth thingy looked better on Destroyah than it does on the Xenomorph. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Dr. Professor wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:I don’t mind the “rip-off” scenes in the Godzilla films,
Personally I've always felt that the weird tongue-mouth thingy looked better on Destroyah than it does on the Xenomorph. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Especially because it actually serves a purpose then just being basic weapon. Destroyah uses it to object microoxygen into things.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Destroyah uses it to object microoxygen into things.
But what if the thing overrules the micro oxygen going into its body?

And why would he object using it if its the only way to inject its micro oxygen?
Last edited by goji89 on Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

goji89 wrote:
Then its life will be sustained.
Last edited by Zarm on Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Zarm wrote:
goji89 wrote:
Then its life will be sustained.
Whom's life? Its life or the other things life?

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Whoops I meant inject instead of object. But I think that was obvious! ;)
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GojiDude95
Interpol Agent

Post by GojiDude95 »

I watched vs spacegodzilla for the first time in awhile and i gotta say I could not stand any of the scenes that had miki in it. She came off as really annoying.

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by cloverfan98 »

Finished the anime trilogy and I guess I'm in the minority here but I enjoyed the whole series. Not the greatest of course but a fun new experimental series.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

cloverfan98 wrote:Finished the anime trilogy and I guess I'm in the minority here but I enjoyed the whole series. Not the greatest of course but a fun new experimental series.
I keep seeing a lot of posts that they they like it, maybe its more like 50/50.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Gotta find the time to watch them.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Every other version of Bagan was cooler than the one used in Super Godzilla. In the unlikely event Bagan makes it into a movie, they should use one of those other designs - my preference would be one of the ones that is an amalgamation of three kaiju.