Kaiju Fan Confessions

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
JAGzilla
Keizer

Re: Kaiju Fan Confessions

Post by JAGzilla »

They've also each appeared in three or more Ghidorah films.
Last edited by JAGzilla on Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

^also true! :D

The criticism of ShIn Godzilla that Rando Yaguchi is not a compelling protagonist is invalid, because Rando Yaguchi is not the protagonist of ShIn Godzilla - Japan is.

*drips mic*

*crosses arms, leans against the wall with a smug, irritating, unearned smile*

I stand by it though. Shin Godzilla is about collective struggle against a prominent threat where a whole society comes together, wherein Yaguchi is only the most prominent face.* The character arc is Japan’s - it goes from a shocked, impotent country to one that is energized, confident and looking to the future. And I’ll take it a step further and say that Gojira is the same way. That is also a collective struggle throughout which a nation comes to terms with its terrible inheritance, and its place in a terrifying new world of destructive potential. Serizawa is but one face of that broader idea.

*also Rando Yaguchi is a badass bureaucrat and I wish every government was just filled with Rando Yaguchis.

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

KaijuCanuck wrote: *also Rando Yaguchi is a badass bureaucrat and I wish every government was just filled with Rando Yaguchis.
Yaguchi for president! :D

...And senate! And cabinet! And legislator! And governor!

Sorry. :lol: I'm dying at the thought of a UN meeting where everyone is Rando Yaguchi, each with a dude who just hands him a water bottle whenever he gets stressed out.
goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer
With skills like this......I wonder too.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.
TK drinking game official rules.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p1564587

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

Dawsbfiremind wrote:
KaijuCanuck wrote: *also Rando Yaguchi is a badass bureaucrat and I wish every government was just filled with Rando Yaguchis.
Yaguchi for president! :D

...And senate! And cabinet! And legislator! And governor!

Sorry. :lol: I'm dying at the thought of a UN meeting where everyone is Rando Yaguchi, each with a dude who just hands him a water bottle whenever he gets stressed out.
That last bit genuinely made me laugh. :lol:
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Latest episode: The Road to Godzilla vs. Kong, Pt. 1: Godzilla (2014)
Next episode: The Road to Godzilla vs. Kong, Pt. 2: Kong: Skull Island
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
New episodes every other Tuesday!

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

KaijuCanuck wrote:^also true! :D

The criticism of ShIn Godzilla that Rando Yaguchi is not a compelling protagonist is invalid, because Rando Yaguchi is not the protagonist of ShIn Godzilla - Japan is.

*drips mic*

*crosses arms, leans against the wall with a smug, irritating, unearned smile*
You smug sonavabitch...... you're so dog gone smug you didnt just drop the mic you had to go on and drip it?
Guess we should all go home......The Canadian just dripped the mic, he just Canucked us all.
Last edited by goji89 on Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

GojiDude95
Interpol Agent

Post by GojiDude95 »

Even though I dislike the final the look they gave Shin I gotta say I loved the fanart we got before the movie came out. I especially LOVE this look and i wish it could be used sometime. Maybe as the basic design for the new series.
Last edited by GojiDude95 on Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

I'd like to see a scene in a Godzilla film where a group
of people are riding horses to escape from a kaiju.

I think that would be really creative & cool to see...
mainly because its never been done before.
Last edited by Grievous on Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Despite my absolute fanaticism for vs. Biollante, I actually have no idea *which* piece of music is the infamous 'Bio Wars.' (Partly because I someday dreaming of buying that volume of the Godzilla Perfect box set, and listening to the full soundtrack for the first time that way, so I don't want to look it up on youtube and hear it for the first time that way.)
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

MechaGoji Bro7503

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Zarm wrote:Despite my absolute fanaticism for vs. Biollante, I actually have no idea *which* piece of music is the infamous 'Bio Wars.' (Partly because I someday dreaming of buying that volume of the Godzilla Perfect box set, and listening to the full soundtrack for the first time that way, so I don't want to look it up on youtube and hear it for the first time that way.)
If you can remember it, it's the track with the electric guitar in it.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
Zarm wrote:Despite my absolute fanaticism for vs. Biollante, I actually have no idea *which* piece of music is the infamous 'Bio Wars.' (Partly because I someday dreaming of buying that volume of the Godzilla Perfect box set, and listening to the full soundtrack for the first time that way, so I don't want to look it up on youtube and hear it for the first time that way.)
If you can remember it, it's the track with the electric guitar in it.
When we rewatch, I'll keep an ear out.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

It's the piece playing during the prologue with the agents fighting over Godzilla cells, the main two guys trying to get to the Saradian embassy as the evacuation happens, and during the final confrontation with SSS9 after he shoots Dr. Shiragami.

They could talk to each other?

To a degree we never imagined......

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

There's also two versions on the Perfect Collection: one with the infamous guitar and one without. The much maligned one is the former.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

I kinda like Bio Wars, it’s just so 80s and stupid. I grin like an idiot everytime I watch that scene. Plus I genuinely like how it samples the Godzilla Theme.

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

Bio Wars sounds like something out of a modern Sonic game.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

JAGzilla
Keizer

Post by JAGzilla »

Bio Wars is a highlight of the franchise. Sometimes being dumb and cheesy is not only okay, but right.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

JAGzilla wrote:Sometimes being dumb and cheesy is not only okay, but right.
I want this on my gravestone.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

I unironically like Bio Wars and don't find it dumb or cheesy at all. I think it's one of the best compositions in the franchise's musical library; possibly the best non-Ifukube theme.

It's easily on par with the best of Masaru Sato's score from Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

Living Corpse
Sazer

Post by Living Corpse »

Bio-Wars is awesome, it's a piece of Godzilla music that has notes being shredded by a guitar solo.

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

Bio Wars doesn't fit at all with the rest of Biollante's soundtrack but it's alright in spite of it's corniness.
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

I didn't mean to re-ignite the Bio-Wars... Wars... :)

Maranatha!