Weakest monster in the Millennium Series

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.
PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Re: Weakest monster in the Millennium Series

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

Hedorah takes the cake.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

I'd pick Kamacura. Kamacura is fast and can hide well, but has nothing else.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

Between Meganulon and Minilla, but I think Minilla is the weakest, he cowered when having a gun pulled on him, so if he saw a killer bug monster, he'd probably run away in fear.
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Post by HillyHulk »

UltimateDitto wrote:Between Meganulon and Minilla, but I think Minilla is the weakest, he cowered when having a gun pulled on him, so if he saw a killer bug monster, he'd probably run away in fear.
To be fair, Minilla is a child. It's reasonable for it to be afraid.

I'd say the Final Wars kaiju besides Monster X, Gigan, Mothra, and Godzilla are the weakest in the Millennium. While it was awesome to see Godzilla make quick work of them all, they were pretty much cannon fodder in a real fight.

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

Godzilla2004fan wrote:Zilla was a kaiju that appeared in GFW, and it was attacking Sidney, Australia. later Godzilla appears in Sidney, where the Xilien controller deployed Zilla to fight with the King of the monsters. Zilla was tailed and killed by the Atomic Breath in 12 seconds.
Why... why did you write your post like a Wiki article excerpt? :lol:
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

Jatahaxe wrote:People like to ignore the fact that three FW kaiju single-handedly destroyed three high-tech proto-Gotengos. They're at least strong enough to thwart all military attempts to stop them.
Well Anguirus was dodging the maser attack from the Karyu like his life depended on it... very well could have since it never connected.

The thing that I still don't get, though, is Kamacuras. He was durable enough to withstand missile fire from the Eclair, but frail enough to get stabbed by an electrical tower. Comparatively, how much force would it take for a human to be thrown at a tin foil art project and not only have it stab them but have that person stop so that the tin foil was half in their body on both sides...

...but digress, Kamacuras' death scene was obviously included more because they thought it looked cool rather than the feasibility of it happening.
If it bites... don't mess with it!

G&G-Fan
Monsterland Worker

Post by G&G-Fan »

Kiryu. He had to be fixed so many times from the smallest stuff, like one blast from Godzilla's atomic breath.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

G&G-Fan wrote:Kiryu. He had to be fixed so many times from the smallest stuff, like one blast from Godzilla's atomic breath.
???
You mean after a night long battle that ended in a draw?

G&G-Fan
Monsterland Worker

Post by G&G-Fan »

Godzillian wrote:???
You mean after a night long battle that ended in a draw?
LONG? Pffffffft. Kiryu was down for the count every couple of minutes. 90% of the Shinjuku scene was fixing him. The fight didn't take all night, fixing Kiryu did. Because his durability is pathetic.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

I mean, I want to put that quite on par with being skewered by a power line, or getting blown up by a single atomic breath... but Kiryu is kind of a glass cannon. It's not like he can't take a hit, but by Mechagodzilla standards and average Kaiju opponent standards, he can take a lot fewer than most foes.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

People really seem to underestimate the technology used in Final Wars. That and their own personal hatred towards the film. Its obviously set in a world where human weaponry has advanced enough to the point that they can now effectively combat and even kill kaiju. With that said Kamakuras, Ebirah, and arguably Hedorah (we don't really see enough to gauge him properly) probably take the cake overall in relative weakness. I mean kamakiras and Ebirah have always been on the weaker end of the kaiju spectrum anyway.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:I mean kamakiras and Ebirah have always been on the weaker end of the kaiju spectrum anyway.
Eh, I'd wager Showa Ebirah could give the likes of Varan or Anguirus a run for their money.

That said, FW Kamacurus easily takes the cake, here.
Last edited by Spuro on Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Unfortunately, he dies of an allergic reaction the moment he tries to eat that cake- because that's just how Final Wars Kamacuras rolls. :)
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Godzilla2004fan
Samurai

Post by Godzilla2004fan »

TitanoGoji16 wrote:
Godzilla2004fan wrote:Zilla was a kaiju that appeared in GFW, and it was attacking Sidney, Australia. later Godzilla appears in Sidney, where the Xilien controller deployed Zilla to fight with the King of the monsters. Zilla was tailed and killed by the Atomic Breath in 12 seconds.
Why... why did you write your post like a Wiki article excerpt? :lol:
Sorry, I Exeed Myself sometimes.
"The King of Monsters That Appeared in 1954" is Godzilla!
My DeviantArt account: https://www.deviantart.com/sonic2006fan

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

Arbok wrote:...but digress, Kamacuras' death scene was obviously included more because they thought it looked cool rather than the feasibility of it happening.
I just love the old, old post from someone on here, or Club Tokyo, or somewhere, that said, referring to Ghidrah the Three-Headed Monster: "Showa Godzilla's crotch is more durable than GFW Kamacuras."
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

Kiryu. It needs an absurd amount of power via a VERY destructible energy link (the White Huron plane can easily be blasted out of the sjy by Godzilla's death ray) and it's not that durable. It takes 2 hits from Godzilla's ray before going down. The fact that this is original Godzilla resurrected makes this insulting to me. You don't nerf a Godzilla!

The Showa and Heisei Mechagodzilla's were far more reliable, durable, and fuel efficient.

To be fair, Kiryu is much better in the games.

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

Rhedosaurus wrote:Kiryu. It needs an absurd amount of power via a VERY destructible energy link (the White Huron plane can easily be blasted out of the sjy by Godzilla's death ray) and it's not that durable. It takes 2 hits from Godzilla's ray before going down. The fact that this is original Godzilla resurrected makes this insulting to me. You don't nerf a Godzilla!

The Showa and Heisei Mechagodzilla's were far more reliable, durable, and fuel efficient.

Unless you're saying Kiryu < Hedorah < Kamacuras <<< Ebirah, then no way haha! Kiryu fought Godzilla to a draw and an eventual defeat (with the help of the Mothra Larvae), but I feel as though he is one of the stronger monsters of the era. He fights Godzilla good.
Image Image

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Kiryu whooped G's ass a few times, now GMK King Ghidorah on the other hand? Pathetic, I'd put even GMK Baragon ahead of him.

He needed 2 power ups and still died twice
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

_JNavs_ wrote:Kiryu whooped G's ass a few times, now GMK King Ghidorah on the other hand? Pathetic, I'd put even GMK Baragon ahead of him.

He needed 2 power ups and still died twice
To be fair, it was a souped-up Godzilla much like the one in GvKG.

But any monster that dies in 10 seconds fighting THE Godzilla is pretty much the winner by default:

My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

KingKong2005 wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:Kiryu. It needs an absurd amount of power via a VERY destructible energy link (the White Huron plane can easily be blasted out of the sjy by Godzilla's death ray) and it's not that durable. It takes 2 hits from Godzilla's ray before going down. The fact that this is original Godzilla resurrected makes this insulting to me. You don't nerf a Godzilla!

Unless you're saying Kiryu < Hedorah < Kamacuras <<< Ebirah, then no way haha! Kiryu fought Godzilla to a draw and an eventual defeat (with the help of the Mothra Larvae), but I feel as though he is one of the stronger monsters of the era. He fights Godzilla good.

"With the help of the Mothra Larvae" being the key words. Besides, while he has good firepower, his durability still sucks and requires a massive amount of power.