Godzilla 35mm Trailers 4K Scan

For the discussion of Toho DVDs, Blu-Rays, CDs, streaming services, VHS, and other formats where Toho films and soundtracks can be found.
Servanov
Monsterland Worker

Godzilla 35mm Trailers 4K Scan

Post by Servanov »

Hey! I collect 35mm trailers and other things for Godzilla, and I got these two scanned, and we're working on collecting funds for a full 4K scan of a very exciting Godzilla movie! Here's the example of the kind of quality to be expected from the big project! These are 4K scans, downscaled and editing to the proper OAR of the 35mm trailers of Godzilla vs. Megalon and Godzilla 2000. I am working on getting some raw frames from the scanner to show full details and full aperture.

Godzilla vs. Megalon:
https://archive.org/details/Megalon35mm

Godzilla 2000:
https://archive.org/details/G2K35

If you wanna help me and RedMenace out with a brand-new amazing project even better than these trailers, PM either me or RedMenace!
Last edited by Servanov on Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Re: Godzilla 35mm Trailers 4K Scan

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

The Megalon trailer in particular really excites me. This is just the scan straight off the film, with no color correction or anything, and it's already light-years better than most existing copies of that trailer. To be able to bring this kind of quality, with color correction and a little bit of tasteful cleanup, to a movie that's had a long and troubled history in the US, is incredibly exciting, but we really do need your help to get it done!
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

Those trailers look great, and good luck with your project!
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

Servanov
Monsterland Worker

Post by Servanov »

Thanks! This is all a test run for a much much bigger project in collaboration with RedMenace! I'm gonna post some raw frames from the capture soon.

Added in 10 hours 49 minutes 3 seconds:
Here are some raw frames from the Megalon trailer (the middle one isn't "raw" I corrected it but it is to show the sharpness of the scans):

Again, this is all a test run of sorts for a much bigger project of scanning a 35mm full feature of a G film never released past VHS in any country. Send me or omgitsgodzilla a message to help out!