Monster Mayhem Round 6: Coobzilla03 vs. Giratina93

Participate FM Tournaments and see who is the best of the best!
Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Monster Mayhem Round 6: Coobzilla03 vs. Giratina93

Post by Coobzilla03 »

Coobzilla03
- Mechagodzilla (1974)
- King Kong (1933)
- Gaira
- King Kong (1962)
- Mothra Larva
- Anguirus (55)
- Frankenstein (Toho)
- Gigan V2
- Gwangi
- Ultraseven

vs.

Giratina93
- Godzilla (2000)
- King Kong (2005)
- Gigan (2004) V1
- Rodan ('64)
- Gipsy Danger
- Baragon (01)
- Fire Rodan

Arena: Adonoa Island (GvMGII)

Kong 1962 is charged.

Voting may begin!
Resized Image

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Monster Mayhem Round 6: Coobzilla03 vs. Giratina93

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

The good news is, G2000 can do a horrific number to Coob's team with a sweep of his beam, just like the last fight. Gigan, Frankenstein, Gaira, KK33, and Mothra Larvae are all very likely to perish IF G200 does that.

The problem is, MG74's all out assault can do quite the number to my team as well. Kong, Gigan, Gipsy, and Baragon will be hard pressed to survive that onslaight, unless MG74 just aims it at Godzilla, which he can survive definitely.

KK62 is a monster, especially charged up. He was giving Showa Godzilla (who granted was nowhere near the fighting champion he would be in a decade) a run for his money. However, either one of the rodans could handle him, especially Fire Rodan, who was flooring Heisei Godzilla with ease, has a beam just as powerful as Heisei Godzilla's, and loves to aim for the eyes to peck out. Anyone Fire Rodan goes after is not going to be enjoying life. Showa Rodan himself, while not as powerful, is still no slouch, and can be an annoying aerial battering ram to annoy and pester Coob's team.

If Kong doesn't get blown up in the first five seconds, he can go break Gwangi's jaws or Angy's jaws or something. Baragon just exists to annoy and maybe send a few of Coob's fighters down into pitfall traps, and Gipsy... Gipsy's a scarily competent fighter in her own right. 1v1, she can handle almost anyone Coob has, bar juiced up Kong and MG74 if she can't close the distance.

Ultraseven... this is going to be infuriating to deal with. The same guys who are likely to get blown up if MG opens with an all out assault are going to drop to the eye slugger, but the more durable and tanky members I have, like the Rodans and G2000, don't have much to fear from him. Gipsy could go toe to toe with him, and if I'm lucky, Kong could surprise him and try to beat him senseless. Luckily, Ultraseven doesn't spam the slugger, especially not at the start of a fight, so I shouldn't have to worry too much about someone getting decapitated...

But even still, this is a complete clusterfuck of a fight, and really, the main thing I can see is how poorly Coob's team handles the rodans outside of MG74 and Ultraseven. Abstaining for now. I need to REALLY think on this...
Last edited by Demon Lord Gira on Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Giratina93's major advantage here is that his leader opens with a blistering wave of fire, while the opponent does not. While both are going to cull off the weaker team members on either side fairly quickly, I think 2000 would start with the opening sweep which would probably leave things somewhere around...

- Mechagodzilla (1974) (slight damage)
- King Kong (1962) (wounded)
- Anguirus (55)
- Gigan V2 (moderate damage)
- Gwangi (mortal wound)
- Ultraseven

This will give his team a few crucial moments to act at full strength against the weakened enemy team- especially if no one else immediately attacks Mechagodzilla, and he follows form by lifting off and making airborne strafing runs at 2000 which will ultimately prove ineffective to 2000's regeneration. It's unlikely that anyone's going to hit MechaG in return, it's just going to buy time for the rest of the team. Unless Fire Rodan pursues, which he well might. Shortly after that, the barrage will begin, and then Giratina will be the one experiencing the hurt.

But I think there's enough time before that barrage for both Gigans to mutually annihilate each other, for 2005 Kong to finish off Gwangi, and for an assemblage of team members to deal with 1962 Kong.

Then the hail of fire, bringing us to:

- Mechagodzilla (1974) (slight damage)
- Anguirus (55)
- Ultraseven

vs.

Giratina93
- Godzilla (2000) (injured)
- Rodan ('64) (lightly wounded)
- Fire Rodan (lightly wounded)

At this point, I think either mm pulse or fire Rodan could be the death of Mechagodzilla, and I'd imagine that whichever is not taking him on could take down Ultraseven eventually, in a case of mutually-assured destruction. That leaves the real question- and for me, the one the match comes down to- can showa Rodan beat 55 Anguirus? Because whoever wins here is probably going to come and make the difference for whatever few exhausted survivors of the other struggles remain, and ultimately be the tipping point of this near-total slaughter on both sides.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

Pretty much agree with your analysis Zarm, so I'll gear this response to you.

Rodan 1964 doesn't have the offensive power to defeat Anguirus. He can ram and peck, but it won't affect Anguirus much at all due to his shell and low stature. I think eventually Anguirus would come out victorious, because he's pretty darn durable himself and has good attack power.

The match is too close for me to call for now, though...
Resized Image

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

The one tactic he could potentially use- that we saw him employ against Godzilla, and we've seen employed against Anguirus- would be to pick him up and drop him from a great height. But, considering that wasn't particularly fatal to Anguirus... I would tend to agree with your conclusions.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

I'm not going to repeat everything I've said, since it's all up there at the top to read... but having given this match some thought, I'm going to give myself, Giratina, the vote.

Now, if we're going to assume the bottom scenario as what the fight ends up as (MG74/Angy/U7 vs G2000/Rodan64/FR), then it favors my team heavily in the end. MG74 is not going to live what G2000 is going to throw at him. That beam is going to decimate and blow chunks off the machine unless it gets up the force shield in time. Whereas on the flip side, even the AoA isn't going to necessarily kill G2000, but it will do a lot of damage.

I see people saying 55 Angy will beat Showa Rodan, and all i have to say to that is... maybe, but it's going to take a LOOOOOOONG ass time. Rodan likes to fly around and stay up in the air, and 55 Angy is going to be hard pressed to hit him most of the time. Even if it bites down and tries to maul him... he wasn't really doing much of anything to 55 Godzilla despite the ferocity, and Showa Rodan, who's taken some devastating blows and attacks before (including laughing off Showa Godzilla's boulder melting breath), won't be too troubled by what Angy has. Granted, Showa Rodan's offensive is pretty mediocre as well, but he can at least grab, fly up, and drop Angy to just stall for time at least, until G2000 blows MG up, or Fire Rodan takes down Ultraseven.

SPEAKING OF WHICH... Ultraseven is pretty scary as far as showa stuff goes, but Fire Rodan is out of his league. Most of the kaiju U7 decapitates with his slugger are made of paper mache, and he rarely leads with it, preferring to try and wear down his foes... good luck with that against Fire Rodan, who swept Heisei Godzilla off his feet, has a beam just as potent and just as spammable as Heisei's, and has a fondness for pecking out eyes with beam jabs that shatter boulders. Ultraseven is screwed.

Now, before anyone goes "But, what if it's U7 vs Showa Rodan and Angy vs FR?", then that just means Angy gets burned alive within half a minute or so (since 55 Goji's breath lit him onfire), then goes to help Showa Rodan who, again being the tank that he is, can at least hold his own against Ultraseven, even if he gets out traded in actual combat.

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

I would class Anguirus catching on fire as the same as MechaGodzilla '75 suddenly blowing up at a single atomic breath; a post-mortem vulnerability for dramatic effect. So long as he was still alive, he seemed utterly unfazed by exposure to the atomic breath.

Maranatha!

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

Being as intelligent as he is, it makes sense for Mechagodzilla to activate it when he sees Godzilla’s ray being charged. Then once its safe he can attack with the stunning all-out assault, with I think would be pretty effective against Godzilla.

Being this late into the fight, it also makes sense for Ultraseven to fight with all he’s got, after him seeing what Fire Rodan can do. I do agree that this will be close, but I think Ultraseven can get something done. He’s faster than Heisei Godzilla and can dodge the strafing runs made by Fire Rodan, and his beams. He didn’t do this terribly often, but he can also block beams with a shield of his.

Plus, I think King Kong 1962 can last till the end. I don't see anyone having the chance to take out Kong while Mechagodzilla is firing. The only way he could go down is before Mechagodzilla begins firing is being killed by Gipsy, or Fire Rodan, but I really don't see him going down to Gipsy unless he's been wounded previously. Fire Rodan could do it, but would he have enough time before Mechagodzilla goes ham? Based on the film, after the Godzilla in his movie fired his beam he activated the shield. Afterwards, he begun the assault. That doesn't leave much time to kill Kong.

By the end of 2000's assault, then Mechagodzilla's assault, that leaves the Rodans (maybe Rodan '64, has he tanked anything close enough in strength to Mechagodzilla's weapons?) and Godzilla. I think even with a wounded Kong, that would be enough to break the lock.

Dang it Zarm, wait till I post. :) I agree with what you said. Anguirus's catching fire is the result of his death and shouldn't be counted as durability in the same way as Mechagodzilla 75's post-KO explosion. Otherwise he resisted Godzilla's breath well.
Resized Image

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Sorry for speaking out of turn, your lordship. :roll:

Still a pretty close one, guys. You both make interesting points, and my head is not yet clear enough to decide which way the chips fall for me. So I will continue to watch the debate with interest.
Last edited by Zarm on Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maranatha!

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Zarm wrote:I would class Anguirus catching on fire as the same as MechaGodzilla '75 suddenly blowing up at a single atomic breath; a post-mortem vulnerability for dramatic effect. So long as he was still alive, he seemed utterly unfazed by exposure to the atomic breath.
Even so, the point remains 55 Angy is not the most durable monster, dying from having his throat ripped open by a Godzilla who never really displayed any biting prowess after that point. Showa Rodan is going to stalemate him to the end of time, and FW Rodan is definitely going to rip him apart fast.

The thing with MG's barrier is, it takes longer to get up than G2000's beam. The head slowly starts spinning, gets up to speed, and THEN the barrier comes down. Yes, G2000's beam has a charge up time on its own, but it can be faster than the barrier deployment, and again, seeing as the beam ripped chunks out of everything it hit, MG74's not going to like it, if not have a hole blasted into him.

... and when was Kong straffing anything? He took almost all the hits thrown at him once he was juiced up, only dodging one of Godzilla's tail swipes. He is not going to try and dodge Fire Rodan's flybys or uranium beams, and G2000's beam is a hell of a lot worse than Showa's in that it's more than just a lot of heat: it's the explosive power behind it that is going to blast bloody chunks out of the monkey and cripple, if not maim him. Kong's a terrifying powerful fighter, but if he survives the possible beam sweep, he's getting maimed.

Really, if Showa Rodan distracts Ultraseven for a bit, Fire Rodan could easily destroy Showa Kong and Angy by himself, since neither has any way of defending themselves against the beam spam.

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

I was kidding, if you couldn't tell Zarm.

To Giratina93 -

Godzilla is often way too hesitant. He often went into melee, or just watched Orga. He'll get blasted doing that. And though true his beam can be fired more quickly than Mechagodzilla's shield comes up, its still enough of a telegraphed attack for Mechagodzilla to fly out of the way, or knock him down with some beams.

I'm talking about Ultraseven doing some dodging, not Kong. And if Fire Rodan is fighting Anguirus and Kong, that leaves Rodan to be killed by either Seven or Mechagodzilla, and Godzilla 2000 to be occupied, then double teamed.

Kong will only get killed by Fire Rodan. Godzilla 2000 seems too hesitant to use his beam and could engage him in close range. Kong will jack him up there. Not kill him, but shock him and swing him around.

Neglected to mention, I'm not sure Rodan is durable enough to take the All-out assault and be in good condition for the final fight. I think the most impressive thing he took was Godzilla's 1960's beam (unless you'd argue King Ghidorah's beam is stronger, but it doesn't matter much either way). Both beams are way behind Mechagodzilla's weapons, and most of Ultraseven's weapons.

Now he has a more impressive track record with physical damage. I'm pretty sure he got rammed by King Ghidorah in the air going full speed, and he recovered fairly quickly.
Resized Image

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Coobzilla03 wrote:I was kidding, if you couldn't tell Zarm.
I could indeed. I was in return- in case that was not clear. :)

Maranatha!

MuchWowSuchGodzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by MuchWowSuchGodzilla »

IIRC, didnt MechaGodzilla die from one beam? Surely G2000 has a much stronger beam.
...Duuuude. Imagine the staring contest Iris and Jet Jaguar could have. Now THAT would be a battle for the ages!

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Mechagodzilla '75 did, after he'd lost control and had a series of bright internal flashes. That's not being counted as a benchmark of the average strength, however, for either model. Mechagodzilla '74, meanwhile, did take several beams without being destroyed.

Maranatha!

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

I think its agreed upon that Godzilla 2000 will begin with a sweep of the field, and that kills Kong33, Frankenstein, Gaira and the larva. After some fighting, I think Giratina’s Baragon and Gigan will go down. Even if they don’t, when Mechagodzilla goes on the counter offense with an all-out assault it’ll take them out as well as Kong and doing heavy damage to Gipsy. Gipsy will probably be finished off pretty quickly at this point at the cost of Gigan. That leaves it here:

Gwangi
King Kong 1962
Anguirus 1955
Ultraseven
Mechagodzilla 1974

The reason I see Gwangi still standing is that almost no one has the power to put him down in a timely manner, same as Rodan.

Vs.

Godzilla 2000
Rodan
Fire Rodan

I think at this point, Rodan can get taken out by about anyone. Sure he’s durable, but I see the all-out assault doing too much damage to him for him to be much a wall. It’s the same way for Gwangi however.

Even in the worst scenario, Kong and Anguirus vs. Fire Rodan and Ultraseven and Mechagodzilla vs. Godzilla 2000, I still slightly favor my team. Anguirus and Kong can last long enough to give Seven and Mechagodzilla a chance to defeat Godzilla. Their intense arsenal will wear Godzilla 2000 down and take him out. Even if they can't take him out quite in time, one can take on Fire Rodan while the other keeps it up against Godzilla 2000.

That’s why I’m going to have to go for Coobzilla03. But don't get me wrong this is a tough, tough fight that took a lot of thought.
Resized Image

MuchWowSuchGodzilla
G-Force Personnel

Voting CoobZilla03. The numbers advantage combined with MechaGodzilla being able to essentially wipe out Girantinas entire team gives him the edge. Insanely close match though, and it took a while for me to decide who I wanted to vote for.
...Duuuude. Imagine the staring contest Iris and Jet Jaguar could have. Now THAT would be a battle for the ages!

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

I'm voting Coobzilla03.

Maranatha!

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Boy, this seems familiar. More last second votes, yaaaaaay.

Anyways, it's far too late for me to attempt to change anyone's mind because last second voting, but when on earth does MG74 lead with the AoA? And we're forgetting that G2000's beam is a hell of a lot worse than what Showa's was packing? if G2000 hits MG74 with it, he's getting chunks blown out of him and he might just outside go out of commision from a solid hit. Also, Kong 62 isn't living a sweep from that beam for that very reason as well. He's going to be crippled and maimed at best from that blow, and at worse straight up dead. Angy 55 died from having his throat torn out by a Godzilla with... not that good of a bite force, folks. He's fierce, but not remotely dangerous in any way. Also, the Rodans can just... sorta fly over the AoA and evade it that way.

And no, Ultraseven and MH74 will be hard pressed to kill G2000. His regen is on point, his fighting capabilities, while lackluster, are still something they have to be weary of, and that beam is going to decimate anything it touches. Both Ultraseven and MG74 are going to be reeling from it. Now, while MG74 will likely be the one to fire the first shot with eye beams or missiles, the retaliation WILL come from G2000, and it WILL crumple, if not horribly maim and kill most of Coobzilla's fighters. And if MG74 and Ultraseven DO manage to gang up on G2000... he's still got a nuclear pulse that neither is going to enjoy at all. Also, Fire Rodan is more than capable of handling Angy and Kong62 by himself. THey have NO protection against his constant spam of uranium beams.
Last edited by Demon Lord Gira on Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MuchWowSuchGodzilla
G-Force Personnel

Giratina93 wrote:Boy, this seems familiar. More last second votes, yaaaaaay.

Anyways, it's far too late for me to attempt to change anyone's mind because last second voting, but when on earth does MG74 lead with the AoA? And we're forgetting that G2000's beam is a hell of a lot worse than what Showa's was packing? if G2000 hits MG74 with it, he's getting chunks blown out of him and he might just outside go out of commision from a solid hit. Also, Kong 62 isn't living a sweep from that beam for that very reason as well. He's going to be crippled and maimed at best from that blow, and at worse straight up dead. Angy 55 died from having his throat torn out by a Godzilla with... not that good of a bite force, folks. He's fierce, but not remotely dangerous in any way. Also, the Rodans can just... sorta fly over the AoA and evade it that way.

And no, Ultraseven and MH74 will be hard pressed to kill G2000. His regen is on point, his fighting capabilities, while lackluster, are still something they have to be weary of, and that beam is going to decimate anything it touches. Both Ultraseven and MG74 are going to be reeling from it. Now, while MG74 will likely be the one to fire the first shot with eye beams or missiles, the retaliation WILL come from G2000, and it WILL crumple, if not horribly maim and kill most of Coobzilla's fighters. And if MG74 and Ultraseven DO manage to gang up on G2000... he's still got a nuclear pulse that neither is going to enjoy at all. Also, Fire Rodan is more than capable of handling Angy and Kong62 by himself. THey have NO protection against his constant spam of uranium beams.
You do have a point. G2000 is a pumped up Showa minus the melee capabilities. I was waiting for some reinforcements behind your reasoning, but you take forever to post lol.

Changing vote to Girantina93

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Giratina. G2000 is incredibly powerful, barely anyone on Coob’s team could survive a beam from him, a sweep of his beam decimates most of Coob’s team. Fire Rodan is practically Heisei Godzilla with wings (and without regen), and his beam will do heavy damage to whoever it hits, Anguirus can’t handle it. Mechagodzilla is powerful, but is almost a glass cannon. It’ll come down to the wire, but G2000 and Fire Rodan clinch it.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.