Monster Mayhem Round 5: Zarm vs. Coobzilla03

Participate FM Tournaments and see who is the best of the best!
GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Re: Monster Mayhem Round 5: Zarm vs. Coobzilla03

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Zarm wrote:-snip-
Apologies for not going through the entirety of you and Coobzilla’s back and forth, I just kind of skimmed through it.

On the topic of Jiger: Yes, these debates have always ended up coming down to a series of 1v1s, because trying to argue the outcome of both sides getting into a mosh pit would be very difficult. The fact is, Jiger’s ovipositor has less of a chance of working the more enemies are on the field. Though, you have a point that Heisei Godzilla sweeping his beam across the enemy team is going to do wonders for you, so she might be fine.

If Heisei Godzilla kills Mechagodzilla, Coobzilla’s team cannot win. The nuclear pulse would render any of the enemy team’s efforts useless, and just about everyone else on Coob’s team is weak to beams. And now that I think about it, Heisei Godzilla would either A: Be able to shoot Mechagodzilla out of the sky, or B: Be able to handle Mechagodzilla’s aerial assault well enough to help out the rest of his team until MG comes back down.

So i’m changing my vote to Zarm.

I pretty much agree with everything else you said, except the Mothra can revive one of your monsters thing, but I don’t feel like getting into that.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

I don’t see Godzilla killing Mechagodzilla. He may land one hit, but then Mechagodzilla takes flight and shoots his neck a few times, or goes for an all-out assault. In my opinion, its just as likely that Mechagodzilla kills Heisei Godzilla, because he’s like Super Mechagodzilla but hasn’t got the weakness of overheating, and there’s no Fire Rodan.
Yeah, it’ll take Mechagodzilla’s full attention to keep down Heisei Godzilla, but that doesn’t mean he can’t help out his allies a little. After downing King Caesar and Godzilla, he launched a spray of missiles off to the side. That could be off some importance.

Gigan, while not particularly durable, is still deadly. He has a number of weapons (chainsaws, ranged sawblades, chest saw and cluster beam) that make him a threat up close and at a distance. He could take out anyone but Heisei Godzilla and possibly Junior at a distance, and in melee range he could do the same.

King Kong 1962 can and will jack someone up. He’s a fast and unrelentess opponent, who will rush down his opponent and tackle them and shock them. I don’t see anyone that isn’t an angered Jiger and Heisei getting away from him. Junior is small enough to where the voltage of Kong could leave him paralyzed.

Anguirus 1955 is the superior Anguirus on the field. He’s relentless and durable, having taken Godzilla’s beam with no damage done. He will not give up fighting someone and can at the very least occupy them for a long time.

The Gargantuas aren’t particularly special, but are intelligent and could use their surroundings to their advantage.

Gwangi is pretty durable once scaled up and can give anyone a good show, and could kill the likes of Sanda and Anguirus (via spinal cord chomping, a technique exhibited against an elephant).

Mothra Larva could web an isolated opponent or Heisei Godzilla up, but otherwise is a distraction.

RKO Kong is a brute and pretty smart too. He seems to utilize his opponents weaknesses (the back of a classic theropod is easily exploitable). He could kill Anguirus, and maybe Sanda.

Soon after the fight begins, it ends up like this:
• Mechagodzilla (occupied)
• King Kong 1962 (lightly wounded)
• Gigan (possibly wounded)
• Anguirus 1955 (wounded)

• Heisei Godzilla (occupied)
• Jiger (possibly wounded)
• Godzilla Junior (wounded)

From there, Jiger gets taken out after most likely killing Anguirus, who’ll run forth. Junior gets double teamed by Kong and Gigan. The survivor(s) of that move on to fight Heisei Godzilla, who falls after a while.

We both have strong members, but I have a numbers advantage and some stronger members. It’ll be close, but I think I have it. Voting Coobzilla03.
Resized Image

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Coobzilla03 wrote:I don’t see Godzilla killing Mechagodzilla. He may land one hit, but then Mechagodzilla takes flight and shoots his neck a few times, or goes for an all-out assault. In my opinion, its just as likely that Mechagodzilla kills Heisei Godzilla, because he’s like Super Mechagodzilla but hasn’t got the weakness of overheating, and there’s no Fire Rodan.
MechaG hasn't evidenced the ability to take that many hits. Heisei's spamming will deliver plenty. MechaG may take flight, but Heisei can still hit him there, unlike showa. And sure, he may hit Heisei Godzilla in the neck. But I don't see any particular reason that this would be a critical or disabling hit. It didn't even take down showa Godzilla. And Heisei's durability and regeneration are through the roof. Undoubtedly, he will take some hits- but that doesn't mean that they will be anything critical. I don't see anything short of a full barrage keeping him down (and even then, I don't see that killing him quickly)- and the aerial attack doesn't deliver that. But midair- which, as you suggested, is his initial response to being attacked by a ray- does leave him vulnerable to being shot as he's swinging around and making his run, and delivers insufficient damage in return.

Meanwhile, a nuclear pulse if he gets too close is likely to have the same effect as the beam-lock explosion at the refinery. MechaG didn't like one ray, so being spammed by a guy that shoots multiple much stronger rays, sometimes in the space of a few seconds, is not going to be good for him- and his standard openings, firing a single ray weapon or coming in for melee, and then going for an aerial attack, all leave him susceptible enough to that spamming and potential pulse that he may well not survive long enough for barrage-stage. His opening gambits just leave him to vulnerable against a ranged, spamming opponent like Heisei.

Coobzilla03 wrote:Yeah, it’ll take Mechagodzilla’s full attention to keep down Heisei Godzilla, but that doesn’t mean he can’t help out his allies a little. After downing King Caesar and Godzilla, he launched a spray of missiles off to the side. That could be off some importance.
Possibly. But that wasn't while keeping up sustained fire, I believe. And if MechaG lets up to do that, he invites recovery and reprisal.
Coobzilla03 wrote:Gigan, while not particularly durable, is still deadly. He has a number of weapons (chainsaws, ranged sawblades, chest saw and cluster beam) that make him a threat up close and at a distance. He could take out anyone but Heisei Godzilla and possibly Junior at a distance, and in melee range he could do the same.
Agreed. Though I think Jet Jaguar could do a fair amount of damage against him before falling- and I would add Jiger's ranged attacks to that list.
Coobzilla03 wrote:Gwangi is pretty durable once scaled up and can give anyone a good show, and could kill the likes of Sanda and Anguirus (via spinal cord chomping, a technique exhibited against an elephant).
Sanda has massive regen and Anguirus has a shell. :) Not so sure that would work. I wasn't aware of him being particularly durable- I seem to remember an injury-from-falling-rock controversy? But I admit to not being an expert.
Coobzilla03 wrote:RKO Kong is a brute and pretty smart too. He seems to utilize his opponents weaknesses (the back of a classic theropod is easily exploitable). He could kill Anguirus, and maybe Sanda.
Possibly. Not sure he could kill Anguirus; the guy's tougher than that. But RKO could certainly do some damage.

But a single ray hit, quill hit, ovipositor strike, or possibly even Mothra's poison projectiles, and he's down right away. He doesn't do so good with projectiles.
Last edited by Zarm on Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

Mechagodzilla took beams well, I'd say, and could take a few hits from Heisei. He took his own beam to the vent on his neck multiple times, and that wasn't debilitating. The reason Mechagodzilla didn't do so hot at the refinery is because the circuits in his head were damaged.

The reason I talk about the neck shooting so much is that Mechagodzilla directed his beam to the same location on Showa's neck and downed him with it, and made him shoot blood. That attack put Showa on death's doorstep. He then followed up with missiles. I think there's reason to believe that when Heisei Godzilla doesn't bust out magnetic powers, Mechagodzilla will keep up with that.

And Mechagodzilla will certainly not engage in melee, because Heisei Godzilla won't. Mechagodzilla only fought Caesar up close because Caesar rushed him.

Sanda never displayed regenerative powers, as far as I remember. And Anguirus's shell doesn't cover his neck completely. I'm pretty sure scaled up Gwangi has decent durability. He never received damage from being on top of a Styracosaurus horn, if I remember correctly (again).

I really think Kong could handle a shot from the quill. He'll be paralyzed but alive. I don't see Mothra's attacks killing him either. For a creature of his size in his movie, he took bullets well I'd say.
Resized Image

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Coobzilla03 wrote:Mechagodzilla took beams well, I'd say, and could take a few hits from Heisei. He took his own beam to the vent on his neck multiple times, and that wasn't debilitating.
That's a good argument for his beam not being that devastating... but he also didn't take showa's beam well, and Heisei's is far more powerful. So, with that benchmark, I think that reflects more negatively on the eye-beams that on MechaG's durability.

Coobzilla03 wrote:The reason I talk about the neck shooting so much is that Mechagodzilla directed his beam to the same location on Showa's neck and downed him with it, and made him shoot blood. That attack put Showa on death's doorstep.
I do recall that, yes. However, I don't think it will have the same effect on Heisei. I don't think the eye beams are enough to do significant damage to Heisei on their own. (I'm not so sure it was death's doorstep, either; neither that nor the missiles killed him. I mean, bloodletting showa Godzilla- as Gigan did- is not automatically a critical injury).

Coobzilla03 wrote:Sanda never displayed regenerative powers, as far as I remember.
To the same degree as Frankenstein and Gaira, I believe; tissue regeneration is one of their listed powers.

Coobzilla03 wrote:And Anguirus's shell doesn't cover his neck completely. I'm pretty sure scaled up Gwangi has decent durability. He never received damage from being on top of a Styracosaurus horn, if I remember correctly (again).
I don't think there's enough exposed neck for a critical wound there; I suppose it depends on the size of the maw. Either way, if Gwangi was injured at that manner at his prior scale, the proportional strength that evidences, even scaled up, doesn't speak well for him.

Coobzilla03 wrote:I really think Kong could handle a shot from the quill. He'll be paralyzed but alive. I don't see Mothra's attacks killing him either. For a creature of his size in his movie, he took bullets well I'd say.
He might be able to handle the quill shots, paralyzed. But no, I don't think he took bullets well at all. They killed him. :) He has not evidenced a great durability for the scale of weaponry against him; kaiju beam and projectile attacks are far, far more devastating than scaled-up machine guns would be.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

This is a toughie. Really, it's going to boil down to Heisei Godzilla and Jet Jaguar and 68 Angy vs MG, KK62 and Gwangi. Everyone else is going to be horribly maimed if not killed by the power houses on the other side. It sorta comes down to if Kong's juiced up or not. If he is, either JJ or Angy are going to get bodied horribly while Gwangi walls the other guy. If not... it's a lot harder to decide. Coob's drafts are definitely better, but Zarm's flagship is straight up better and is going to give Coob hell. I just don't see MG having the firepower to put Heisei down, unless it somehow learns of his secondary brain weakness, and if KK62 and Gwangi try rushing in after beating up their adversaries... they ain't liking a nuclear pulse, that's for certain, and Heisei LOVES to spam his beam.

This is a hard, HARD match to decide, but I have to lean Zarm for this.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

I hate to say this, as I really like your vote, but Kong is indeed charged up. :)

Maranatha!