Monster Mayhem Round 5: MuchWowSuchGodzilla vs. GodzillavsRayquaza

Participate FM Tournaments and see who is the best of the best!
Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Monster Mayhem Round 5: MuchWowSuchGodzilla vs. GodzillavsRayquaza

Post by Coobzilla03 »

MuchWowSuchGodzilla
- Godzilla (2014)
- MUTO (Female)
- Kumonga (2004)
- King Ghidorah (2001)
- Striker Eureka
- King Kong ('17)

vs.

GodzillavsRayquaza
- Godzilla (GMK)
- Titanosaurus
- Mothra (1964)
- Megalon
- Kumonga (Showa)
- The Big One
- Mothra ('03)

Arena: Skull Island (2017)

Do either of you want to deploy your Gyaos? Voting may begin with your decisions.
Resized Image

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Re: Monster Mayhem Round 5: MuchWowSuchGodzilla vs. GodzillavsRayquaza

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

I will not deploy my Gyaos.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

MuchWowSuchGodzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by MuchWowSuchGodzilla »

Ill deploy my Gyaos
...Duuuude. Imagine the staring contest Iris and Jet Jaguar could have. Now THAT would be a battle for the ages!

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

All right, MuchWow now has three Gyaos fighting for him. Voting can begin!
Resized Image

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Despite the Gyaos imbalance, I'm leaning toward GodzillavsRayquaza. He has the numbers advantage, the superior Kumonga, some power brawlers in The Big One and Titanosaurus, plus some firepower in GMK and Megalon... and tons and tons of damage soak. Everyone but his Mothras can absorb punishment like crazy. I think that's going to be enough; dual Mothras can neutralize the Gyoas, Kumonga and Eureka won't last long- Kong will defeat The Big One but be weakened in the process- and despite the formidable combo of the 2014 duo, King Ghidorah's moderate powers, and the wounded-but-mighty Kong, I do think GvRQ has the firepower and punching power to take that down.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

MuchWowSuchGodzilla
G-Force Personnel

This is probably the most fun matchup I have had so far. That being said, I think I can come out on top of this.

The Gyaos and Mothra matchup is fairly interesting. While the Mothras dont have anything to put the Gyaos down, the Gyaos cant really do much either. One thing going for them is that they have an extra Gyaos, so I can see two dispatching of a Mothra and then helping the last one out. After Mothra though, I can see them being blown out the sky pretty easily. King Ghidorah will most likely go for GMK Godzilla. Its going to be an exact replica of the first fight, with KG getting absolutely destroyed. I can see Eureka dealing with Kumonga swiftly, and my Kumonga will likely be taken out by Megalon. Kong will kill The Big One but with some injuries, and Titano vs G14 would be a very fun fight to see(G14 could also be 2v1ing someone at this point : he was able to maintain fairly well against the MUTO combo - so it is a possibility). So far we have:
GMK
Megalon
TItano
vs
G14
FeMUTO
Injured Kong
Striker Eureka

GMK and G14 is a super fun matchup. While GMK has superior beam ability, G14 has slightly better durability and way better CQC skills. Its a long fight ,and is dependent on whos draft kaiju can survive. I can see Kong and Striker Eureka going for Megalon, and Megalon will probably kill the injured Kong but will die to Striker Eureka. I cant see him being smart enough or strong enough to survive a 2v1. The question is who will Striker Eureka assist - and I dont think it neccessarily matters who he assist. If he helps G14, GMK will probably trash him quickly, but leaving an opening for G14 to catch him off guard. By then, I do think FeMUTO would have killed Titano, but with injuries. That leaves G14 and FeMUTO against GMK, and I definitely see them winning this matchup. If he helps FeMUTO, they can kill kill Titano easily, and that leaves an even worse situation for GMK.

Very fun and long fight, but eventually I/MWSG take it.
...Duuuude. Imagine the staring contest Iris and Jet Jaguar could have. Now THAT would be a battle for the ages!

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

This is a really close match, both teams are practically equal. Whichever team wins is going to lose all but one or two members.

The Mothras should be able to take out the Gyaos with Hurricane winds or just by wing-smacking them. Afterwards they’ll be flying around and be quite helpful in distracting whoever they so choose, or perhaps GMK King Ghidorah will gun for them. If so, he’ll take out Showa Mothra without too much difficulty, but 2003 Mothra should be able to keep his attention long enough for someone else to help her, especially if she effectively uses her scales.

Kong and the Skullcrawler will most likely gun for each other. Assuming no interference, this ends with a dead Skullcrawler and an injured Kong.

GMK Godzilla should be able to rather solidly deal with whoever he fights, unless it’s Legendary Godzilla, in which case it depends on who’s able to help. He’s beaten in melee, but his beam should keep things even until aid arrives for either.

Megalon and Titano can handle whoever they end up fighting, though Striker and Muto will make them work for it. I wonder how Megalon’s various potential opponents would react to him digging underground?

Kumonga will either be taken out very quickly, or prove incredibly useful. If she’s able to stay back and spray webbing on whoever, it’ll be very deadly to a team as lacking in beam weapons as this one. She could do stuff like effectively disabling Striker’s missiles by making it so that panel can’t open, or stuff as simple as blinding opponents. However, it’s a strategy with a lot of holes in it, like the one that might be made in Kumonga’s face if Striker or Muto aren’t completely preoccupied with their opponents.

So ultimately, I am leaning myself, but not enough to cast a vote yet. Looking forward to the discussion on this one.

Added in 4 days 3 hours 50 minutes 11 seconds:
Myself. MWSG’s team just isn’t durable enough. GMK is too much for anyone on his team except for G14, same with Titanosaurus and Megalon. Add in the number’s advantage once the Gyaos are taken down, which will happen very quickly, and it’s just too much of an uphill battle.
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

GodzillavsRayquaza.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

MuchWowSuchGodzilla
G-Force Personnel

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:This is a really close match, both teams are practically equal. Whichever team wins is going to lose all but one or two members.

The Mothras should be able to take out the Gyaos with Hurricane winds or just by wing-smacking them. Afterwards they’ll be flying around and be quite helpful in distracting whoever they so choose, or perhaps GMK King Ghidorah will gun for them. If so, he’ll take out Showa Mothra without too much difficulty, but 2003 Mothra should be able to keep his attention long enough for someone else to help her, especially if she effectively uses her scales.

Kong and the Skullcrawler will most likely gun for each other. Assuming no interference, this ends with a dead Skullcrawler and an injured Kong.

GMK Godzilla should be able to rather solidly deal with whoever he fights, unless it’s Legendary Godzilla, in which case it depends on who’s able to help. He’s beaten in melee, but his beam should keep things even until aid arrives for either.

Megalon and Titano can handle whoever they end up fighting, though Striker and Muto will make them work for it. I wonder how Megalon’s various potential opponents would react to him digging underground?

Kumonga will either be taken out very quickly, or prove incredibly useful. If she’s able to stay back and spray webbing on whoever, it’ll be very deadly to a team as lacking in beam weapons as this one. She could do stuff like effectively disabling Striker’s missiles by making it so that panel can’t open, or stuff as simple as blinding opponents. However, it’s a strategy with a lot of holes in it, like the one that might be made in Kumonga’s face if Striker or Muto aren’t completely preoccupied with their opponents.

So ultimately, I am leaning myself, but not enough to cast a vote yet. Looking forward to the discussion on this one.

Added in 4 days 3 hours 50 minutes 11 seconds:
Myself. MWSG’s team just isn’t durable enough. GMK is too much for anyone on his team except for G14, same with Titanosaurus and Megalon. Add in the number’s advantage once the Gyaos are taken down, which will happen very quickly, and it’s just too much of an uphill battle.
GMK will most likely have to deal with G14 after KG, but im sure G14 will have taken out Megalon or Titano by then.

What? Megalon is the dumbest kaiju in the entire series, and FeMUTO or Striker Eureka can defintely handle him very well. Titanos strength is the only problem here, but FeMUTO can break the less durable kaiju down very quickly.

By who? Kumonga can sit in the backlines and chill and if he goes against his showa counterpart, he can out web him and seemed way more agile.

The Mothra have no way of killing the Gyaos, seriously. Knocking them out of the sky with fast wings will barely do any damage, while the gyaos can ram and peck the weak Mothras to death. I also have an extra flying Kaiju, at that.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

MuchWowSuchGodzilla wrote:What? Megalon is the dumbest kaiju in the entire series, and FeMUTO or Striker Eureka can defintely handle him very well. Titanos strength is the only problem here, but FeMUTO can break the less durable kaiju down very quickly.
Megalon may be dumb, but he is also powerful. We have not even seen the upper limit of his damage threshold. He definitely outclasses Striker Eureka (as does Titanosaurus, a more durable meleer). The MUTO, on the other hand, may have what ti takes to hang tough against his arsenal- but neither are taking each-other out quickly (unless Megalon brings in his drills, which the MUTO probably won't like very much).

MuchWowSuchGodzilla wrote:The Mothra have no way of killing the Gyaos, seriously. Knocking them out of the sky with fast wings will barely do any damage, while the gyaos can ram and peck the weak Mothras to death. I also have an extra flying Kaiju, at that.
I think the poison powder could well kill them. But no way in hades are they taking out Mothra. They're tiny! :)

Maranatha!

MuchWowSuchGodzilla
G-Force Personnel

Zarm wrote:
MuchWowSuchGodzilla wrote:What? Megalon is the dumbest kaiju in the entire series, and FeMUTO or Striker Eureka can defintely handle him very well. Titanos strength is the only problem here, but FeMUTO can break the less durable kaiju down very quickly.
Megalon may be dumb, but he is also powerful. We have not even seen the upper limit of his damage threshold. He definitely outclasses Striker Eureka (as does Titanosaurus, a more durable meleer). The MUTO, on the other hand, may have what ti takes to hang tough against his arsenal- but neither are taking each-other out quickly (unless Megalon brings in his drills, which the MUTO probably won't like very much).
Is he smart enough to use that power? And even if he is, Injured Kong can come in and replace long enough for FeMUTO to deal with Titano.
MuchWowSuchGodzilla wrote:The Mothra have no way of killing the Gyaos, seriously. Knocking them out of the sky with fast wings will barely do any damage, while the gyaos can ram and peck the weak Mothras to death. I also have an extra flying Kaiju, at that.
I think the poison powder could well kill them. But no way in hades are they taking out Mothra. They're tiny! :)
Is he smart enough to use that power? And even if he is, Injured Kong can come in and replace long enough for FeMUTO to deal with Titano.

Which Gyaos are they?

If they are small, it doubt the Mothras can do anything else to any other Kaiju. Kumonga could web them/G14 tailsmack them/FeMUTO take flight and deal with them swiftly.
Last edited by MuchWowSuchGodzilla on Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

MuchWowSuchGodzilla wrote:Is he smart enough to use that power? And even if he is, Injured Kong can come in and replace long enough for FeMUTO to deal with Titano.

Which Gyaos are they?

If they are small, it doubt the Mothras can do anything else to any other Kaiju. Kumonga could web them/G14 tailsmack them/FeMUTO take flight and deal with them swiftly.
Megalon wanders about without a target without Jet Jaguar... but when Jet Jaguar turns against him, he's competent enough in battle- even lays an ambush for Godzilla. He's aimless, but in a scrap, he knows how to hit what's in front of him with what he's got.

As far as I know, these are the small Gyaos that they try to trap in the stadium- the ones the size of a VW bug or less. (As established from a previous match). If I am misremembering, my bad.

The Mothras can still poison someone with their powder, blow them over, take fire and evade, or- most significantly- use reflective scales to direct the fire of G14 (and Striker Eureka, if it has any energy weapons) back at them. Definitely not the strongest force against your mostly-melee team; but by the same token, unless Kumonga manages to pin them down, they can also stay out of range of anyone's attacks and waylay them with surprise tackles and hurricane winds and poison. Not exactly lethal- but an irritant, a helpful distraction, and a bear to actually pin down and take out.

Maranatha!

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

https://www.tohokingdom.com/kaiju/gyaos.htm#g

Those are the stats of the Gyaos in this match. Only their wingspans are listed, but if you scroll down to Super Gyaos stats, you’ll see that the wingspan of a Gyaos is slightly over twice their height. Which means the max height of a regular Gyaos is roughly 20 meters tall, and that’s before the scale down. Heisei Gamera is 80 meters tall, which means the scale down shouldn’t quite be halving the height, but still close.

Which means the Gyaos in this match are, at maximum, between 10 and 20 meters tall, with wingspans at somewhere in the 30 meter range. Compare that to the Mothras. Showa Mothra is 65 meters long and has a wingspan of 135 meters. 2003 Mothra is 36 meters long and has a wingspan of 108 meters. The hurricane force winds are going to send the Gyaos flying back, probably tumbling to the ground hard enough to break something.

And I don’t expect the Mothra’s to kill any opponents. But as Zarm said, they’re both more than capable of working as distractions. I should add that before the atomic rays came into play, both Mothras were doing great against their respective Godzillas. They’re both capable of barging into enemies and knocking them over, or grabbing a tail and dragging them around. That won’t kill anyone, but it will let someone more deadly do whatever they need to do.

I’ll come back later and give more thoughts on the presented arguments, just wanted to get that out there.
KWCE Administrator

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

Yeah, the Gyaos here are non-factors. The Mothras are more than capable of handling them, then going to aid whoever needs some help the most.

Now, G14 is a terrifying powerhouse of a brute, and against GMK Goji, he's going to wipe the floor with him... however, Titanosaurus is more than capable of beating G14 senseless, and unlike most other Godzillas, Titanosuarus won't have to worry about an atomic breath unless he puts himself in a bad position. The Female Muto struggles to fight competently on her own and really needs backup... which won't be happening as most of GvR's team will be easily handling their respective opponents (FW Kumonga is a distraction at best and dead weight at worse, 2001 Ghidorah is straight up worse than anyone on GvR's team bar the mothras, Striker Eureka and Kong17 are definitely capable fighters, but things won't look too well for them once reinforcements arrive to beat them to a pulp.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Huh. So little ones do have Sonic beams. I did not realize that. I will need to factor that in for future. It's not quite enough to change my vote here, but I definitely had not realized that.

Maranatha!

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

After doing some calculations, the Gyaos height range is 7 meters to 21 meters tall. Not that it matters much.
Resized Image