* Last Kaiju-related films you bought on VHS/DVD/Blu-ray?

For the discussion of Toho DVDs, Blu-Rays, CDs, streaming services, VHS, and other formats where Toho films and soundtracks can be found.
Leviarex
JXSDF Technician

Re: * Last Kaiju-related films you bought on VHS/DVD/Blu-ray?

Post by Leviarex »

From eBay last night:

More specifically, I got the disk with the U.S. release and special features. My current copy has been in need of replacing for quite a while due to poor picture quality resulting from me accidentally scratching it.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

UltramanGoji wrote:
Mr. Yellow wrote:Yeah, I'm super skeptical of buying on eBay. Feels so easy to get a bootleg.
I can guarantee that you'll be getting an official release and not a DVD-R, at least for Atragon, Latitude Zero, and Dogora.

If my word isn't enough, just take a look at the return address I received my DVDs from:

Now if that isn't a big enough confirmation, I don't know what is.
Media Blasters Inventory? Well, that explains a lot...

I went cheap and bought a DVD-R of Atragon - God, what a mistake THAT was - ended up throwing it away. I was MUCH happier with the MB one...

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

I bought Space Amoeba. Been avoiding it but since it's basically the last Toho kaiju film I don't have I figured what the hell.
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

morbidmovies
Yojimbo

Post by morbidmovies »

One of my best friends got me the Toho Pack (Varan, Mysterians & Matango) for my birthday this weekend.

Still missing Atragon, Dogora, Frankenstein, Gorath, Latitude Zero & Space Amoeba.

OGMechaMothra
Interpol Agent

Post by OGMechaMothra »

morbidmovies wrote:One of my best friends got me the Toho Pack (Varan, Mysterians & Matango) for my birthday this weekend.

Still missing Atragon, Dogora, Frankenstein, Gorath, Latitude Zero & Space Amoeba.
I have FCTW.. but i am missing the rest plus Orochi.

Mr. Yellow
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Yellow »

Is there a huge list somewhere all of kaiju and related giant monster films, and what format they're available on?

Having a hard time tracking down The X From Outer Space and I don't care to buy the whole Criterion Collection for it.
"Monsters are tragic beings. They are born too tall, too strong, too heavy. They are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy. They do not attack people because they want to, but because of their size and strength, mankind has no other choice but to defend himself. After several stories such as this, people end up having a kind of affection for the monsters. They end up caring about them." - Ishiro Honda

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Mr. Yellow wrote:Is there a huge list somewhere all of kaiju and related giant monster films, and what format they're available on?

Having a hard time tracking down The X From Outer Space and I don't care to buy the whole Criterion Collection for it.
For US releases, there’s this stickied topic:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=17420

Outside of that? I know there’s a Japanese Blu-Ray, but aside from that, no clue. You can check sites like Blu-Ray.com and search for the title in all regions and maybe find something.

Mr. Yellow
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Yellow »

Thanks, and that was the wrong place to ask.

I knew about the Toho one, I've been hunting for one for just giant monsters in general.
"Monsters are tragic beings. They are born too tall, too strong, too heavy. They are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy. They do not attack people because they want to, but because of their size and strength, mankind has no other choice but to defend himself. After several stories such as this, people end up having a kind of affection for the monsters. They end up caring about them." - Ishiro Honda

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Apologies, I read your initial post wrong!

I've always been interested in home media releases, so I might just go ahead and make a thread like that in the Monster Manor subforum.

G1G4N_27
Yojimbo

Post by G1G4N_27 »

Last kaiju movie I've gotten was G-2014 in 2015. Hoping to get some Heisei and/or Millennium films for my birthday.
G1G4N_27
ImageImageImage

TheSecondComing
Futurian

Post by TheSecondComing »

I picked up a VHS tape of Destroy All Monsters the other day, the ADV release. It was a former Blockbuster rental with a sticker dated 2005 even though it came out in 1998. I already own a retail copy so I haven't decided what to do with it yet.

GodzillaBurgh
G-Force Personnel

Post by GodzillaBurgh »

Bought the ADV Films DVD of GAMERA 3: REVENGE OF IRIS. I now have the complete Heisei Trilogy!!! :huge:
"Just as you distrust us, so we distrust others as well. It's wrong. We're all human. As humans we are responsible to each other. We are related. Refuse us, and you will abandon your brothers. We must learn to help each other."
- Sakai, Godzilla vs. The Thing

OGMechaMothra
Interpol Agent

Post by OGMechaMothra »

Wish I could find orochi the eight-headed dragon less than $30 or $40.

Mr. Yellow
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Yellow »

Orochi confuses the heck of out of me. I can’t find one solid record of the OOO releases, and then I get it confused with Birth of Japan which is a separate movie all together.

GalacticPetey
Gotengo Officer

Post by GalacticPetey »

Finally picked up Latitude Zero from Amazon, completeing my Tokyo Shock collection. Now watch them release all 8 of them on bluray and I'll have to buy them again.
I can't believe that Godzilla was the only surviving member of its species, but if we continue conducting nuclear tests, it's possible that another Godzilla might appear somewhere in the world again.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Just got both King Kong 05 and Pacific Rim on 4K Bluray for Christmas.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

I got the UK Blu-ray of Shin Godzilla for Christmas. :D
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

Leviarex
JXSDF Technician

Post by Leviarex »

One of my Christmas gifts:

rodan fan1956
Ronin

Post by rodan fan1956 »

https://youtu.be/XB3KUs5OI0w got the return of godzilla on blu ray

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

Was racking my brain trying to remember the last one I bought (besides Shin, that is) and then I remembered that I picked up one of these last spring, because I can never own enough official merchandise from this movie:

Resized Image