MonsterVerse: Fan Theories & Head Canons

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

MonsterVerse: Fan Theories & Head Canons

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

*Discuss your fan theories and head canons here*
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Re: MonsterVerse: Fan Theories & Head Canons

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

-KK17's species descended from a species of hominid in the Australopithecine family based on the bipedal structure and how thin for their size they are.

-Based on coming from the Permian Era and having mammalian like features, G14 is a species of amphibious synapsid that evolved reptilian traits such as most notably his crocodilian like skin.

-The male and female M.U.T.O.s' species are highly derived, land-dwelling descendants of arthrodiran placoderm fishes.

-Either Skull Crawlers evolved Drepanosaurs, non-Serpentes members of the Ophidia clade (like Tetrapodophis) or basal, land-dwelling mosasaurs (like Aigialosaurus and Dallasaurus).

-The so called Hollow Earth is where the idea of Hell came from and the poem of Dante's Inferno occur which was actually fact written as fiction by Dante himself who went into the hollow earth and the native monsters down there are what inspired various demons of myths.

-Based on cave paintings dating back to 30,000 B.C. Sightings of Godzilla throughout the millennia is what gave rise of sea serpent sightings and monsters in legends and myths such as the behemoth in the bible.

-Sightings of Rodan throughout history is what lead to legends of avian/bat like creatures worldwide ranging from the Phoenix by the Greeks, Roc by Middle Easterns, Thunderbird by Native Americans and Camazotz by the Mayans.

-King Ghidorah is what lead to various myths and legends of dragons worldwide such as the Lernaean Hydra by Greeks, Yamata no Orochi by the Japanese, Slavic Dragon by the Russians and the Dragon from the Book of Revelation.

-King Ghidorah is what caused the Permian-Triassic extinction which lead to Godzilla's species' demise hence Godzilla's vendetta towards him and based on the cave paintings in the post credits of K:SI may have contributed in the Ice Age Extinction as well.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:11 pm, edited 6 times in total.

TheSecondComing
Futurian

Post by TheSecondComing »

When Ford's father is dying, the medic says he is having "a-fib," which stands for atrial fibrillation. AFib is very rarely fatal; likely he meant V-fib or ventricular fibrillation which can often be lethal. Also he mispronounces vasopressin as "vah-zo-pressin"), a drug used in crashing patients to emergently raise blood. It is pronounced "vayso-pressin".
This accidental mistake on board the helicopter in Godzilla could mean that Joe Brody is alive, and is either working for Monarch under cover of conspiracy or was kidnapped by Monarch to learn what he knows.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

TheSecondComing wrote:This accidental mistake on board the helicopter in Godzilla could mean that Joe Brody is alive, and is either working for Monarch under cover of conspiracy or was kidnapped by Monarch to learn what he knows.
*Resisting urge to post picture of Joe Brody as Jet Jaguar*

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Post by RamshackleRanger »

Here's a few of my Ideas/Headcanons.

GODZILLA
-Godzilla is a relative or ancestor of Rauisuchids.
-The M.U.T.O's scientific name is "Deusvenator Parisitus."
-The MUTO's use their EMP's to disrupt other animals abilities to sense the magnetic poles of the earth.
-Joe brody is alive and secretly working for monarch.

KONG
-The skull Crawlers are directly split from the same ancestor that eventually became mosasaurs.
-Conrad became a field agent for monarch.

dillonking55
G-Force Personnel

Post by dillonking55 »

Definitely gonna side with SenseiTeriyakiV on Godzilla being an evolved Rauisuchid over a Synapsid. I don't know why, but the idea of that really bothers me for whatever reason (sorry, GodzillaFan1990's).
Last edited by dillonking55 on Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

dillonking55 wrote:Definitely gonna side with SenseiTeriyakiV on Godzilla being an evolved Rauisuchid over a Synapsid. I don't know why, the but the idea of that really bothers me for whatever reason (sorry, GodzillaFan1990's).
Opinion respected, no hard feelings. I just get the idea he's an Synapsid because of his mammalian like features.

Shin Gabara
Monarch Researcher

Post by Shin Gabara »

I've had a similar thought for the same reason.

. . . Would that make his closest living relative be the platypus or Tuatara?
Last edited by Shin Gabara on Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
. . .

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:-King Ghidorah is what lead to various myths and legends of dragons worldwide such as the Lernaean Hydra by Greeks, Yamata no Orochi by the Japanese, Slavic Dragon by the Russians and the Dragon from the Book of Revelation.

-King Ghidorah is what caused the Permian-Triassic extinction which lead to Godzilla's species' demise hence Godzilla's vendetta towards him and based on the cave paintings in the post credits of K:SI may have contributed in the Ice Age Extinction as well.
Ghidorah may've also inspired Lovecraft himself in his works of cosmic horrors and eldritch gods.
Still the best, 1955... 8-)

vibramrunner
JXSDF Technician

Post by vibramrunner »

Head canon:

Monarch isn't just a shadow organization; they actually control other companies. They've secretly taken over Green Giant Canned Vegetables in the grocery isle.. Instead of harvesting French cut green beans, they've been growing "The Jolly Green Giant" -- the Gargantuas! Godzilla and Kong have to team up to fight them! :lol:

OK, really?

The deepest depths of the world's oceans reach approximately 36,000 feet -- and we've never reached the true bottom. This seems like a good location for a kaiju food chain, of which Godzilla presides at the top. Perhaps the depths of the ocean also offer a source of radiation, or vents into the "hollow earth"? My reasoning: if Kong is part of a delicate food chain, I feel like Godzilla's diet and subsequent place in nature's hierarchy should be similarly fleshed out as well. The balance of nature is, I feel, a very over-arching theme of the MonsterVerse.
Last edited by vibramrunner on Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

The Hollow Earth is as big and spacious as the surface world and is full of kaiju such as hundreds of Skullcrawlers, Muto cocoons, Baragons, even Mothra(s) flying around. Perhaps at some point humans go down there disrupting the ecosystem and force the kaiju to the surface level earth.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Gojira1604 wrote:The Hollow Earth is as big and spacious as the surface world and is full of kaiju such as hundreds of Skullcrawlers, Muto cocoons, Baragons, even Mothra(s) flying around. Perhaps at some point humans go down there disrupting the ecosystem and force the kaiju to the surface level earth.
If you see one of my fan theories/head canons. I even suggested it could be behind the whole idea and concept of Hell came from on top of Dante Alighieri's Inferno being fact written as fiction when in reality he went down into the hollow earth along with the native monsters down there inspiring demons from myths and bibles. ;)

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

So this isn't as much a theory as an idea, but i thought it would be cool none the less.

In GKOTM, Ghidorah has ESP-Esque abilities. He can use these abilities to burrow into a beings subconscious and, while not really controlling their mind, give them very convincing suggestions as to what to do. Symptoms include; shifting, amber eyes during suggestion OR transferring to another proxy; a nervous tic; and a very intense static touch that is amplified by hair. Only usable for one customer at a time.

At the end of GKOTM, ghidorah and godzilla come to a tight match with godzilla losing an eye or arm or something and ghidorah losing a head. Ghidorah retreats and the movie ends with the public wondering what will happen next.
In an after credits scene, ghidorah lands on skull island. Kong comes to confront him, but ghidorah uses the last of his energy to completely transfer to kong's consciousness before fainting. The final shot of the movie is kong, yellow electricity sparking between his fur, with godzilla's silhouette in his eye.

Ryguy
EDF Instructor

Post by Ryguy »

^Sorry to sound like a disgusted middle school girl, but eww no.
"And now you will walk to him, and you will battle him to the death. Green and Brown. Fight night. The greatest gladiator match in the history of the world: reptile versus primate; day versus night; King of Monsters versus Kong of Skull Island!"

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Ryguy wrote:^Sorry to sound like a disgusted middle school girl, but eww no.
Yeah, it's definitely out there. But if the mosnterverse does end up going the fun action route, I thought that would be an interesting way to execute it.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:So this isn't as much a theory as an idea, but i thought it would be cool none the less.

In GKOTM, Ghidorah has ESP-Esque abilities. He can use these abilities to burrow into a beings subconscious and, while not really controlling their mind, give them very convincing suggestions as to what to do. Symptoms include; shifting, amber eyes during suggestion OR transferring to another proxy; a nervous tic; and a very intense static touch that is amplified by hair. Only usable for one customer at a time.

At the end of GKOTM, ghidorah and godzilla come to a tight match with godzilla losing an eye or arm or something and ghidorah losing a head. Ghidorah retreats and the movie ends with the public wondering what will happen next.
In an after credits scene, ghidorah lands on skull island. Kong comes to confront him, but ghidorah uses the last of his energy to completely transfer to kong's consciousness before fainting. The final shot of the movie is kong, yellow electricity sparking between his fur, with godzilla's silhouette in his eye.
That's...That's actually pretty skreeonking brilliant. I have to say that'd be an unique and original way to lead to the events of GvK. :D

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

-Kong And Godzilla Have History Prior To GvKK
-Serizawa Will Die In GvKK
-Mothra and Ghidorah will be the main focus of G:KotM obviously alongside G himself. Rodan will be a side character.
-They Will Set Up A PacificRim Crossover.(that's personal)
Follow The #MoreMonsterVerse Twitter Movement!

Link: https://twitter.com/ExpandtheMV?s=09

We Can Make A Difference! Fans Have A Voice!

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

On top of King Ghidorah being responsible for the extinction of Ice Age megafauna in the Last Ice Age Extinction Event. King Ghidorah returned to earth in the form of the Younger Dryas impact hypothesis in the Ice Age assuming this isn't revealed in KotM.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

King Ghidorah has made a few incursions into Earth, the first one caused the Permian extinction, many Godzillas fought him and made him retreat into space; the second one was during the Ice Age, he killed most (if not all) of what was left of Godzilla's already weakened species, but our Godzilla defeated him in the Arctic, then left him believing he was death, when truly he just entered a coma-like state to recover his energy.

Monarch will mess everything up and like a kid poking a squirel with a stick, they will do experiments on Ghidorah; accidentaly awaking him from his sleep.
I'm pretty sure they are going to be disbanded for their actions.
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Destorogoji wrote:King Ghidorah has made a few incursions into Earth, the first one caused the Permian extinction, many Godzillas fought him and made him retreat into space; the second one was during the Ice Age, he killed most (if not all) of what was left of Godzilla's already weakened species, but our Godzilla defeated him in the Arctic, then left him believing he was death, when truly he just entered a coma-like state to recover his energy.

Monarch will mess everything up and like a kid poking a squirel with a stick, they will do experiments on Ghidorah; accidentaly awaking him from his sleep.
I'm pretty sure they are going to be disbanded for their actions.
Don't forget being the reason mammoth, saber-toothed cats, ground sloths, etc aren't alive today in this continuity. 8-)
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.