Stranger Things

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.
ShinGi
Interpol Agent

Re: Stranger Things

Post by ShinGi »

KaijuCanuck wrote:
Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:That thing at the end reminds me if the creature from that Gamera short.
Yes! The resemblance is uncanny.
Reminds me of the Muto a lot .

LegendaryGoji
Monarch Researcher

Post by LegendaryGoji »

The minute that thing popped up in the first trailer, Stephen King's The Mist came to mind.

Either way, I'm curious to see what this thing's gonna do.
THE DEVIL HAS THREE HEADS

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

The conspiracy surrounding 1984. The year the world turned Upside Down.

Clip featuring the Ghostbusters Vs. Michael Myers. Basically.
http://bloody-disgusting.com/videos/346 ... ael-myers/
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

There's also a retro Zelda style adventure game for tablets and smartphones.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

Considering the date here's the apropos themed teaser,

for the Final Trailer.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Have you guys seen the blu ray box for season 1? So bloody cool.

#BotM

ShinGi
Interpol Agent

Post by ShinGi »

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Really trying to decide whether marathoning the first season beforehand will build hype, or just make the second season feel less special...
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I would be quick to watch season 2 if my internet bandwidth was not at critical levels.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

My sister is coming over tonight so we can start season 2. We'll probably watch at least a couple more when she comes over Saturday to do laundry.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Man, that was just as enjoyable as the first season, without a doubt. Goodness me, I forgot how much I missed this show.

#BotM

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Post by RamshackleRanger »

I've watched all but episode 8.
Spoiler:
I KNEW dartanius was going to be a demigorgon! I'm glad dustin got to be the one to discover him, because he's been kind of a punching bag this season.

GodEmperorGabara
The Modfather
The Modfather

Post by GodEmperorGabara »

I enjoyed this season, but I think I prefer season 1 over this one. There were parts that I felt dragged on. Gonna ramble about a few spoilery things so don't click unless you've seen the rest of the season or just don't care about spoilers.
Spoiler:
I felt that they should've saved the whole Eleven/Jane searching for her Mom and "sister" part for another season or at least just the sister part. Maybe it's just me but it felt like they were juggling too many subplots.

I hope that we see more creatures from Upside Down with unique designs. I liked the DemoGorgon and DemoDogs but I'm starting to get a bit bored with the whole flowery monster head on a humanoid/quadruped body schtick. Just a minor nitpick, but I'd just like to see some more variety is all. We did get the Mind Flayer/Shadow Creature though so I guess I can't bitch too much about it.

Seeing Bob die was sad. I knew it was gonna happen even early on, but it still sucked.

Paul Reiser not being Burke 2.0 was a pleasant surprise and I liked how he genuinely wanted to help.

I'll agree that it sucked that Dustin was a bit of a punching bag this season, but seeing him bonding with Steve and getting to dance with Nancy even things out somewhat. I think he grew as a person out of this. Kinda reminds me of the Ol' Parker Luck, where Peter gets dealt with crap (usually directly or indirectly his fault) but he grows as a character and ultimately comes out of it for the better.

Steve really felt like a punching bag this season as well. I wish they would've at least let him beat Max's brother in a fight (Did give him a good fight though). At least he bonded a bit with Dustin, so I guess that's something.

Will and Jane dancing in the final episode got a smile out of me.
I'm interested in seeing what direction the show will take in Season 3 (c'mon now, no way are they not going to do a season three). Any actors that you'd like to see show up in Season 3? Personally, I'd like to see Lance Henriksen show up.
I hate you eternally now Derzerb, I hope you know this.
<3

Made a Discord server, feel free to message me if you're interested.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

I think they're planning up to at least season 4.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Just finished season 2, episode 1; they've still got it!
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

Just finished season 2. I absolutely love this show. The characters, the cinematography, the music, etc. I love it.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

ShinGi
Interpol Agent

Post by ShinGi »

Loved the season 2, Will was a highlight for sure, that kid acted great, Sean Astin was great as well. Like pretty much everybody else didnt like ep.7 ( seemed like they were trying to set up a spin off ) but everything else was great. Cant wait for Season 3.
Last edited by ShinGi on Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HayesAJones
Keizer

Post by HayesAJones »

Spoiler:
R.I.P. Bob. I'm sure the internet hated you and wanted you to die to make room for their OTP, but I liked you.

I preferred this season over last. Everything with Nancy and Jonathan makes me wonder why they even had the love triangle last time (hands down the worst part of a good show AND immediately invalidated? What a one-two punch or mediocrity!) and I still don't care about fourteen-year-old romances, but it didn't feel a quarter as obnoxious or prevalent this time. It also felt sort of rear-loaded, with Kali and Billy (why did they exist again?) and all that, but the momentum of the main story was enough to sweep me along despite.

Steve was also much more bearable. Seems like pretty boy characters who initially exit just to make a romantic subplot happen get way better once they're allowed to stand on their own away from all the bullcrap.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Ending of ep. 5...
Spoiler:
Flippin heck! That kids has chops. That cannot be easy to do!

Maranatha!

Dracosaurian
JXSDF Technician

Post by Dracosaurian »

Good season for me, Although I was annoyed with Mike's attitude toward Max.
Spoiler:
Also, I'm getting the vibe that Mike's mom is gonna have an affair with Billy...