Public Discussion: Tags

A place for users to address comments, suggestions, submissions, or errors found on Toho Kingdom and its forum.

Topic Tags?

Yes
33%
No
33%
Indifferent
33%

Total votes: 12

SpaceG92
Keizer

Public Discussion: Tags

Post by SpaceG92 »

w00t! - Open public discussion on something i've been thinking about adding.

I haven't done much with this one admittingly, however this might solve the "dumb" search feature problem. The idea is neat and can be assigned to a specific sub-forum for use instead of forum wide and can be done during topic creation. As for tags themselves, I believe the OP assign them only (or a mod with edit powers ;) ).

On the plus side - there can be a "white list" that if toggled on, only tags from the specific list can be added (which it will show). Anything else will be blocked to prevent false tagging or abuse.

Below is how the tags will look from the Forum Index. There can be a tag search cloud (not shown), similar to those found on tumblr that can be displayed below the "Users Online" on the Main Forum Index to show the number of times the tags were used and allows you to pull up topics with the tags. It can get kinda cluttery though.

So yeah - vote and discuss below.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Public Discussion: Tags

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

I say yes, it'll be helpful and a nice change of pace.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Absolutely not. This looks ugly as hell and really breaks up the look of the forum.

I'd only be in favor of it if it were an option to remove them on the forum index. Like, functionally still keep them, but just have an option to make them invisible for a more vanilla view. Otherwise, no thanks. I'll hold out for a better search function instead.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

UltramanGoji wrote:Absolutely not. This looks ugly as hell and really breaks up the look of the forum.

I'd only be in favor of it if it were an option to remove them on the forum index. Like, functionally still keep them, but just have an option to make them invisible for a more vanilla view. Otherwise, no thanks. I'll hold out for a better search function instead.
I voted yes, but I agree with you that it would be ideal if their visibility was optional.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

If turning off visibility isn't an option, then at the very least they should be redesigned. The big button look to them is what makes them an eyesore to me. If they looked more like simple colored text, I'd be okay with it.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

UltramanGoji wrote:If turning off visibility isn't an option, then at the very least they should be redesigned. The big button look to them is what makes them an eyesore to me. If they looked more like simple colored text, I'd be okay with it.
I think somewhere I might be able to redesign them. I'd love for them to be more in tow with basic tags on picture hosting sites. Just [Film here] [Kaiju here]. Maybe not even have a box but just a basic bracket.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Here's how I'd do it:

-> Thread Title
by [Username] > [Time Display]
Tags: Toho, Godzilla, kaiju, favorites

I think that'd merge well with all the forum styles, but then again I don't know how coding this website works. :P

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

I think it -would- be miles more helpful than the regular search, but don't feel such a feature is really needed. I won't complain if it does get implemented.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Bumping - planning on closing discussion on this at the end of the month unless this gets more feedback.