Chances of Gamera in Monsterverse

For the discussion of any Gamera related movies, comics, video games, etc.
Gerdzerl

Re: Chances of Gamera in Monsterverse

Post by Gerdzerl »

I'm almost certain he won't appear in the MonsterVerse, but I'd die of happiness if he was.

LockBite
JXSDF Technician

Post by LockBite »

Living Corpse wrote:
LockBite wrote:Gamera's flying ability makes him too silly for this universe. And removing it would be heresy.
Right, cause a golden space hydra and moth goddess are grounded. :lol:
Infinitely more so than rocket thrusters that replace legs on a biological animal. Cmon.

LockBite
JXSDF Technician

Post by LockBite »

Living Corpse wrote:
LockBite wrote:Gamera's flying ability makes him too silly for this universe. And removing it would be heresy.
Infinitely more so than rocket thrusters that replace legs on a biological animal. Cmon.

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

LockBite wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:
Biologically engineered ancient creation*
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Post by RamshackleRanger »

Destorogoji wrote:
LockBite wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:
Biologically engineered ancient creation*
1. Still biological. Still an animal. Even if he was created.

2. That just makes it even MORE unrealistic.

Gerdzerl

Post by Gerdzerl »

I'd honestly be all for Legendary abandoning realism in the MonsterVerse in favor of making fun movies if it meant we could have things like Gamera.

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Post by RamshackleRanger »

Gerdzerl wrote:I'd honestly be all for Legendary abandoning realism in the MonsterVerse in favor of making fun movies if it meant we could have things like Gamera.
I'd rather have gamera in the shin godzilla universe if anything. All the established kaiju so far wouldn't stand a chance against a rocket powered flying saucer turtle.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Gerdzerl wrote:I'd honestly be all for Legendary abandoning realism in the MonsterVerse in favor of making fun movies if it meant we could have things like Gamera.
*Raises finger about to say something but stops*

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

I think people has a wrong concept about the realism in the Monsterverse. It's not about the kaiju, but about the people, and how they would react to the arrival of giant monsters in a "realistic" setting. We already have "parasites" capable of generate supposed EMP's; a giant amphibian who feeds on radiation and spits blue energy beams; part plant, part animal creatures; a giant bipedal hominid; and we will see a giant goddess moth; a giant pterosaur and a three headed golden dragon who shoots rays and is (supposedly) able to do interplanetary travel.
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Destorogoji wrote:I think people has a wrong concept about the realism in the Monsterverse. It's not about the kaiju, but about the people, and how they would react to the arrival of giant monsters in a "realistic" setting. We already have "parasites" capable of generate supposed EMP's; a giant amphibian who feeds on radiation and spits blue energy beams; part plant, part animal creatures; a giant bipedal hominid; and we will see a giant goddess moth; a giant pterosaur and a three headed golden dragon who shoots rays and is (supposedly) able to do interplanetary travel.
That's what I was gonna say but after having saying it so many times not getting through people I didn't bother. :lol:

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

Destorogoji wrote:I think people has a wrong concept about the realism in the Monsterverse. It's not about the kaiju, but about the people, and how they would react to the arrival of giant monsters in a "realistic" setting. We already have "parasites" capable of generate supposed EMP's; a giant amphibian who feeds on radiation and spits blue energy beams; part plant, part animal creatures; a giant bipedal hominid; and we will see a giant goddess moth; a giant pterosaur and a three headed golden dragon who shoots rays and is (supposedly) able to do interplanetary travel.
If it is not about the kaiju being realistic, then why does Godzilla have stump feet? Why does Godzilla have gills?
Long Live The King

Gerdzerl

Post by Gerdzerl »

Regardless, people reacting "realistically" should be a much bigger priority than making the kaiju themselves being "realistic". The MonsterVerse should be no more "realistic" or "believable" than the MCU or the Showa series.

I mean, c'mon now, we have literally an implied hollow-earth of all things in the MonsterVerse. Legendary should do anything but commit to "realism".

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

Hokmuto wrote:
If it is not about the kaiju being realistic, then why does Godzilla have stump feet? Why does Godzilla have gills?
Design choices. A lot of the artwork for Godzilla illustrates him in different ways, like a giant T-Rex with spines, and even a modernized Heisei design.

GoWhaleTours
JXSDF Technician

Post by GoWhaleTours »

If I had a dollar for everytime someone said, "It's realistic cuz how humanz react", I could purchase my own kaiju. Its bullshit. These movies are packed to the gills(pun intended) with design modifications, [some] realistic explanations, and research. These films are not exclusively realistic in the way society reacts to monsters, but also the origin and science of the monsters as well. For example, the elephant feet and gills on Godzilla, as Hokmuto mentioned.
Its late and i'm tired so I don't have many examples, but the film-makers take realism into consideration on a level other than just human response.

Back on topic, I'm sure you could include Gamera in the monsterverse with either removing his crazy abilities or adding some intelligent origin for them. If Godzilla can expel the radiation within him through atomic breath, It's not much of a stretch that gamera could do so through another orifice on his body. Perhaps strech the suspension of disbelief and have it be some kind of chemical reaction inside his body.
GO GO GOJI KUN

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

GoWhaleTours wrote:If I had a dollar for everytime someone said, "It's realistic cuz how humanz react", I could purchase my own kaiju. Its bullshit. These movies are packed to the gills(pun intended) with design modifications, [some] realistic explanations, and research. These films are not exclusively realistic in the way society reacts to monsters, but also the origin and science of the monsters as well. For example, the elephant feet and gills on Godzilla, as Hokmuto mentioned.
Its late and i'm tired so I don't have many examples, but the film-makers take realism into consideration on a level other than just human response.

Back on topic, I'm sure you could include Gamera in the monsterverse with either removing his crazy abilities or adding some intelligent origin for them. If Godzilla can expel the radiation within him through atomic breath, It's not much of a stretch that gamera could do so through another orifice on his body. Perhaps strech the suspension of disbelief and have it be some kind of chemical reaction inside his body.
Amen!
Long Live The King

KingZillla
Interpol Agent

Post by KingZillla »

No. Gamera will never come to the Monsterverse. He doesn't fit at all with the grounded vision that the MV has established with Godzilla & King Kong
We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent... Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." -The King Returns, 2016.

Let them fight - 2019

BARAGONBREH
G-Grasper

Post by BARAGONBREH »

Living Corpse wrote:
1. Considering how little we know about space, it's at least not completely inconceivable, unlike rocket-boosted turtle. Plus, it has the potential to look cool rather than stupid. Unlike rocket-boosted turtle.

2. Who says Mothra will actually be a literal "goddess" in this film? Seems to just be a foregone assumption by a few fantasists on this forum and nowhere else, with absolutely no backing from the studio or anyone else on the planet.
Shadowfyre wrote:Everything you say sucks all the time.
gottatalktothefake wrote:I’m kinda disappointed, I just expected to LOVE it. I just thought it was an alright 6/10.

KingZillla
Interpol Agent

Post by KingZillla »

Thank you. 99.99%. of space is unexplored, never even seen by human eyes. The universe is HUUUGEE. We don't know what kind of life forms reside out in the deep depths of Space. Gamera's Alantian bio-weapon origin is a completely different realm than Ghidorah
We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent... Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." -The King Returns, 2016.

Let them fight - 2019

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

BARAGONBREH wrote:2. Who says Mothra will actually be a literal "goddess" in this film? Seems to just be a foregone assumption by a few fantasists on this forum and nowhere else, with absolutely no backing from the studio or anyone else on the planet.
By this same logic, who's to say Gamera would have the same origins as his Showa/Heisei counterparts? Saying he'd have rocket-boosting abilities is conjecture, too.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Tull knowing who Gamera is ups his chances if Godzilla vs Kong and kotm makes bank like I think they will.

Also anyone that thinks Gamera looks too silly.needs to go watch the Gamera 3 scene where he wrecks the city. Same with Shin's first form and then the nuking of tokyo.

There is nothing wrong with Gamera having a "cheesy" entrance if he immediately does and acts badass right after.

Also nothing wrong with saying a fictional lost city of Atlantis built him either.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image