Chances of Gamera in Monsterverse

For the discussion of any Gamera related movies, comics, video games, etc.
gojira012
Interpol Agent

Re: Chances of Gamera in Monsterverse

Post by gojira012 »

I have to say this picture

http://68.media.tumblr.com/12e23b614486 ... o1_500.jpg

has me stoked for such a possibility

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

Gamera fits better for a Japanese crossover. More popular over there then here.

This is a Kong/Godzilla universe right now. Hell, "phase 2" might start with a Kong 2 and Godzilla 3... It'll be a bit still before they take chances. Lets get a good film with GKOTM and GvsKong first.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

This is nothing more than a fanboy dream!

Yet...I dunno...Ten years ago I never thought Batman and Superman would have appeared in a live action movie...I mean didn't like but. I never thought Iron Man and Captain America would be in the same movie. I also never thought Kong and Godzilla would have a ghost of a chance in appearing in the same movie. And yes those two comic book movies I mentioned were characters that belonged from companies that had their own universes.

No, I can't see Toho being okay with it and yet...a part of me feels like if there was ever a slightly better chance of it happening it'd be in the MonsterVerse.

Relair
Monsterland Worker

Post by Relair »

I just don't see how Gamera could ever work. He's just too goofy looking. Even at his most serious in the 90's trilogy he still looks silly compared to most Toho creatures. Turtles just aren't very awe inspiring or threatening =/ I love Gamera dont get me wrong, but I just think he needs to have his own thing going and not try to get in on the monsterverse, I dont want to see it tank and I dont want his chance at a new series to be ruined either by trying to be what he's not.

vibramrunner
JXSDF Technician

Post by vibramrunner »

Relair wrote:I just don't see how Gamera could ever work. He's just too goofy looking. Even at his most serious in the 90's trilogy he still looks silly compared to most Toho creatures. Turtles just aren't very awe inspiring or threatening =/ I love Gamera dont get me wrong, but I just think he needs to have his own thing going and not try to get in on the monsterverse, I dont want to see it tank and I dont want his chance at a new series to be ruined either by trying to be what he's not.
You could make him more Anguilus-like. I really like monsters with tough exteriors or shells -- that's an interesting problem for Godzilla. Now why a Godzilla knock off -- lovable as he is -- needs to be in a Godzilla movie, or how he would fit, I haven't the slightest idea.

gojira012
Interpol Agent

Post by gojira012 »

Look we know that various other tribes have witnessed or worshiped Godzilla Mothra and Rodan

So one that may have seen or created Gamera isn't too much of a stretch to imagine.

He doesn't even need the Burning Finger or MAna Cannon

You can just give him the plasma fireball and that big super blast in the 2016 trailer

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Post by RamshackleRanger »

gojira012 wrote:Look we know that various other tribes have witnessed or worshiped Godzilla Mothra and Rodan

So one that may have seen or created Gamera isn't too much of a stretch to imagine.

He doesn't even need the Burning Finger or MAna Cannon

You can just give him the plasma fireball and that big super blast in the 2016 trailer
Are you kidding? A civilization creating gamera is a HUGE stretch. Biomechanical engineering on that level would be insane.

Relair
Monsterland Worker

Post by Relair »

vibramrunner wrote:
Relair wrote:I just don't see how Gamera could ever work. He's just too goofy looking. Even at his most serious in the 90's trilogy he still looks silly compared to most Toho creatures. Turtles just aren't very awe inspiring or threatening =/ I love Gamera dont get me wrong, but I just think he needs to have his own thing going and not try to get in on the monsterverse, I dont want to see it tank and I dont want his chance at a new series to be ruined either by trying to be what he's not.
You could make him more Anguilus-like. I really like monsters with tough exteriors or shells -- that's an interesting problem for Godzilla. Now why a Godzilla knock off -- lovable as he is -- needs to be in a Godzilla movie, or how he would fit, I haven't the slightest idea.
Good point, Anguirus is one of my favorites, if he was more like that it would work better. He needs to be a quadruped, seeing that huge disc shell upright leaving most of him unprotected would seem kinda odd in a big budget CG realistic kinda movie.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Short answer: Possible.

Long answer: Not now, be too much all at once.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

If Gamera isn't a post credit for Godzilla vs Kong I'd say slim.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

It will never happen. I'm certain of it.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

A Gamera intro movie could play out similar to Kong: Skull Island. The lost city of Atlantis raises out of the ocean, Landsat picks this up, MONARCH investigates the lost civilization, discovering ancient tech from a long dead race and accidentally awake several Gyaos and Gamera.

And since Atlantis is in the middle of no where this could be another prequel like Kong: Skull Island.

charliesheenkaiju
Interpol Agent

Post by charliesheenkaiju »

I prefer shin vs gamera if anything
Kong better not touch my drumset!

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

It means nothing, but the new Birth of Kong comic book
Spoiler:
made a direct mention to Atlantis.
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:---, but with all the biotechnology stuff, the mana mumbo jumbo, ETC, he just wouldn't work.
Replace Mana with an accelerated photosynthesis of sort? /shrugs

Pretty sure you can turn his Fireballs into something logical and expand on it to make him fly. If giant EMP producing MUTO's and Nuclear Plasma vomiting creatures can exist without people really making a fuss then an old grumpy fire belching turtle that can MAYBE fly can fit in as well.

That whole thing of MegaFauna might just work. Just make him a big ol' ancient organism (turtle) like Godzilla, turtles can live extremely long life spans as is. IIRC, Godzilla was already big because <lmao pre-ancient life reasons>. Gamera wouldn't be outside the realm of possibility of the universe.

However - actually getting him in? As it stands, 0. We MIGHT see a nod to him, but unless Legendary REALLY wants to start a monolopy on American made Kaiju films and dig deep down and obtain the Gamera rights, I really don't see him making an appearance outside of a homage in the MonsterVerse.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

charliesheenkaiju wrote:I prefer shin vs gamera if anything
Same here.

LockBite
JXSDF Technician

Post by LockBite »

Gamera's flying ability makes him too silly for this universe. And removing it would be heresy.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

LockBite wrote:Gamera's flying ability makes him too silly for this universe. And removing it would be heresy.
Right, cause a golden space hydra and moth goddess are grounded. :lol:

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

LockBite wrote:Gamera's flying ability makes him too silly for this universe. And removing it would be heresy.
No it doesn't it just needs to be done right.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Post by RamshackleRanger »

Living Corpse wrote:
Right, cause a golden space hydra and moth goddess are grounded. :lol:
Maybe not, but not nearly as silly as gameras ufo flight. Next people are going to start saying ultraman has a chance.