Godzilla Final Wars (Japan): Special Edition Bonus Discs

For the discussion of Toho DVDs, Blu-Rays, CDs, streaming services, VHS, and other formats where Toho films and soundtracks can be found.
JetrellFo
Samurai

Godzilla Final Wars (Japan): Special Edition Bonus Discs

Post by JetrellFo »

I have the 3 disc Special Edition. Does anyone have english translations for the menu choices on the bonus discs? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I'm just not fluent in Japanese though chosing randomly can be fun.

Thank you.

:)

omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Re: Godzilla Final Wars (Japan): Special Edition Bonus Discs

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

Can you post screencaps of the menus? I don't read Japanese terribly well, but I can probably figure out the gist of some of them.
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

omgitsgodzilla wrote:Can you post screencaps of the menus? I don't read Japanese terribly well, but I can probably figure out the gist of some of them.
+1

If you have a mobile device, you could use the Google Translate App and snap a picture of the menus. Doesn't always work but its better then nothing.

omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

I've tried that app on this Chinese poster I picked up at an exhibition; the character recognition for Chinese characters (and presumably kanji) isn't very good.
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

Servanov
Monsterland Worker

Post by Servanov »

One ios app that I use for that kind of stuff is called "Translate Photo". The icon should be red. It's much more reliable than google photo translate in my opinion.

TheSecondComing
Futurian

Post by TheSecondComing »

I've always been curious about the extras on this version. Would love to know more.

GodzillaBurgh
G-Force Personnel

Post by GodzillaBurgh »

I wonder if there's any deleted scenes that were placed in the end credits montage like:
-Ozaki knocking out that guard to break out Captain Gordon.
-The Shobijin smiling as Mothra flew back to Infant Island.
-Any destruction scenes of Hedorah?

I wanted to a fan-edit of GODZILLA: FINAL WARS and make it an "EXTENDED EDITION". :huge:
"Just as you distrust us, so we distrust others as well. It's wrong. We're all human. As humans we are responsible to each other. We are related. Refuse us, and you will abandon your brothers. We must learn to help each other."
- Sakai, Godzilla vs. The Thing

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

TheSecondComing wrote:I've always been curious about the extras on this version. Would love to know more.
Heard there's a deleted Bagan scene. I believe SpaceG92 can tell you more about it though. :/
-Ozaki knocking out that guard to break out Captain Gordon.
-The Shobijin smiling as Mothra flew back to Infant Island.
-Any destruction scenes of Hedorah?
All of those can be seen in the end credits. I believe if they were included, they'd have been uploaded to Youtube long ago.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

MM Raids Again wrote:I believe if they were included, they'd have been uploaded to Youtube long ago.
Gonna stop you there because there's a ton of great content in the Toho R2 discs that has never been shared to YouTube.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Terasawa wrote:
MM Raids Again wrote:I believe if they were included, they'd have been uploaded to Youtube long ago.
Gonna stop you there because there's a ton of great content in the Toho R2 discs that has never been shared to YouTube.
While I do believe that, I find it hard to believe most kaiju-related deleted scenes wouldn't be.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

JetrellFo
Samurai

Post by JetrellFo »

I just saw these responses so I will get screen caps of the menus and drop them in here. How about the Megaguirous bonus disc?

Bonus Disc 1:

Bonus Disc 2:

Added in 3 hours 45 minutes 46 seconds:
I found this .....

Disc 1
- Main feature (125 minutes) and Special Scenes
- Anamorphic 16:9 widescreen transfer
- Dolby Digital 6.1 EX Japanese
- Dolby Digital 6.1 EX TBA
- Audio Commentary
- Subtitles: Japanese, TBA
- Special Scenes Advertisement

Disc 2
- TV Spot(s)
- Promotional Scenes
- Making-of Video
- “Godzilla VS Tomomi Muranaka – Final Wars” (KBC documentary about special effects)
- TV Discussion Scene (long version)
- Script and Concept Drawings
- And more…

Disc3
- “50 Years of Godzilla History” (Documentary disc about Godzilla history)

omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

The first bonus disc menu items are:

TV spots
Promotion
Theatrical trailer? (literally, "theater manner announcement")
Making of
Godzilla x Tomomi Muranaka: Final Wars
I'm not sure what all the kanji say but the last part is "long interview"

And it looks like there's a button to go to another page of menu options as well.

As for the last disc, that just looks like a set of play, chapter select and options items.
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

Blue Three
Ronin

Post by Blue Three »

Theatrical trailer? (literally, "theater manner announcement")
Yeah, they have those every now and then over here. It's not a trailer in the usual sense, but a short clip reminding the audience that the movie's about to start, so please turn your phones off or whatever. Mostly it's a generic announcement, but in some cases they got something related to the actual movie.

As for the second bonus disc... "Spirit of Godzilla" is hands-down the best documentary on the Godzilla franchise. Lots of important people sharing their memories.

omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

Oh, I've seen those! Don't know why that didn't occur to me.
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

Blade of Gigan
Young Farmer

Post by Blade of Gigan »

there used to be a website called Tokyo Monsters that had reviews for japanese dvds. this is from their review of the godzilla final wars special edition set:
The first disc is primarily dedicated to the film itself, however it does contain a small selection of theatrical trailers. Included is the teaser trailer, three shorter trailers (around 30 seconds each), and main 2-minute theatrical trailer. There's also an interesting option that allows you to select the name of a monster, and all of their scenes will be played. The second disc contains the bulk of features. It starts off with 7 TV spots, the last two containing some short footage from the Hollywood premiere. Next are two videos simply titled "Promotion" and "Promotion 2". The first is around 6 minutes in length, and seems to have been produced before any actual footage was shot. It's mostly a recap of the previous entries in the series, along with some profile photos of the GFW cast and some of the advance artwork posters. "Promotion 2" is around 7 minutes in length, and is essentially a really long trailer. I'm under the impression that this is what was shown at the Tokyo International Film Festival (covered at Monster Zero). Next is a theatre manager spot, which loops over footage from the original "Godzilla" to ask people to turn off their cell phones. This was previously available on the Final Battle DVD as well. There's the usual "Making Of" which runs for around 50 minutes. This is primarily focused on the special effects, with several interviews with the crew throughout. Next is a DVD Special (footage of Kaizer Ghidorah is added towards the end, which was censored from the original TV broadcast) of the usual "Godzilla vs. Muranaka Mimi" KBC TV show. It runs for around 45 minutes, and contains a lot of behind the scenes footage, crew interviews, and studio tours. Then there's an interview with director Ryuhei Kitamura, which runs for around 30 minutes. There's a "Hollywood Campaign" featurette which runs for just over 10 minutes, which includes the unveiling of Godzilla's star on the Hollywood walk of fame (including producer Shogo Tomiyama's entire speak, in English) along with the introductory speeches for the film itself at the premiere. There's an interview with the main title designer Kyle Cooper which runs for around 7 minutes. This mostly seems to filler, which Kyle talking about how he's a Godzilla fan and taking you on a brief tour around his collection. Next is an extended version of the TV debate scene, which runs for over 5 minutes. Perhaps interesting if you speak Japanese, but it's rather obvious why this was cut. There's a 4-minute VFX comparison of Rodan's attack in New York. This breaks down each shot showing all the different layers that were composited together to make the final effect. Finally there are two image galleries. The first contains 86 concept designs for both human characters and monsters. The seconds contains scans from the original storyboards. Disc 3 contains a 1 hour 20 minute feature called "The Spirit Of Godzilla". This is a very well produced documentary about the history of the series, with interviews with crew members such as Kenpachiro Satsuma, Haruo Nakajima, Shinichi Wakasa, Koichi Kawakita, Tsutomu Kitagawa, Eiichi Asada, Kenji Suzuki, Fuyuki Shinada and many others! For non-Japanese speakers, there is lots of interesting footage and old photographs. There are also some trailers and shorter documentaries available on the disc, along with a image gallery containing 71 behind the scenes images from many of the previous Godzilla films.
source here - https://web-beta.archive.org/web/200510 ... w3disc.php

JetrellFo
Samurai

Post by JetrellFo »

^Awesome, thanks.

goji1986
JXSDF Technician

Post by goji1986 »

Reviving this because I recently got a copy, and I'm shocked that there's been no mention of an almost 10-minute featurette of Satsuma and Nakajima talking and walking around the Toho lot. Looks like they're having a grand old time reminiscing!

Does anybody know if there are subs for these?
PM me for Godzilla versus The Sea Monster Titra Dub HD reconstruction! BLURAY-READY EDITION NOW AVAILABLE!
(Former V2.0 still available as well)
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5561

Godzilla vs The Smog Monster AIP Dub HD reconstruction COMPLETE!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=26132

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

goji1986 wrote:Reviving this because I recently got a copy, and I'm shocked that there's been no mention of an almost 10-minute featurette of Satsuma and Nakajima talking and walking around the Toho lot. Looks like they're having a grand old time reminiscing!

Does anybody know if there are subs for these?
These bonus features almost never get subtitled, so I'm pretty sure there's none for this one.

With that said, I agree with you on the featurette itself. It's one of my favorites on that FW release.
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You