Tournaments

Participate FM Tournaments and see who is the best of the best!
MuchWowSuchGodzilla
G-Force Personnel

Re: Tournaments

Post by MuchWowSuchGodzilla »

MM Raids Again wrote:Working on the basics for what I am calling the "Against All Odds" tournament. This would be a change of pace from the more recent tournaments and would be one-on-one (mostly) battles. There would be a set of 40 eligible kaiju (to be revealed at a later point as everything is ironed out). Instead of putting together a team, those that sign up would be randomly assigned five of the 40 kaiju. Players would start with 500 points (100 per kaiju). Should your kaiju win a match, you win 100 more points. Lose? You lose 100 points. Easy concept.

Monsters would be eliminated as they lose matches... UNLESS they are utterly crushed and overpowered by a 5 to 1 vote. At this point, they would return for the following round with their "Against All Odds" power-up activated. This could be transformations, summoning another kaiju to help, starting a match with an instant attack, etc. If they win this match, they remain in the tournament and revert to their standard. The only way to be eliminated from this tournament would be in a clean, even decide. If it's a blowout, the kaiju gains a second chance. However, this "Against All Odds" can't be utilized more than twice. Following a third crushing defeat, they would be eliminated regardless. If they would lose overwhelmingly while having their AAO active, they would be eliminated.

The tournament would wind down until there's only one standing or until so many rounds have passed. Players are eliminated by either running out of points or running out of kaiju. There would be now swapping or ditching kaiju that you dislike.
I hope the teams are balanced.
...Duuuude. Imagine the staring contest Iris and Jet Jaguar could have. Now THAT would be a battle for the ages!

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

MuchWowSuchGodzilla wrote:
MM Raids Again wrote:Working on the basics for what I am calling the "Against All Odds" tournament. This would be a change of pace from the more recent tournaments and would be one-on-one (mostly) battles. There would be a set of 40 eligible kaiju (to be revealed at a later point as everything is ironed out). Instead of putting together a team, those that sign up would be randomly assigned five of the 40 kaiju. Players would start with 500 points (100 per kaiju). Should your kaiju win a match, you win 100 more points. Lose? You lose 100 points. Easy concept.

Monsters would be eliminated as they lose matches... UNLESS they are utterly crushed and overpowered by a 5 to 1 vote. At this point, they would return for the following round with their "Against All Odds" power-up activated. This could be transformations, summoning another kaiju to help, starting a match with an instant attack, etc. If they win this match, they remain in the tournament and revert to their standard. The only way to be eliminated from this tournament would be in a clean, even decide. If it's a blowout, the kaiju gains a second chance. However, this "Against All Odds" can't be utilized more than twice. Following a third crushing defeat, they would be eliminated regardless. If they would lose overwhelmingly while having their AAO active, they would be eliminated.

The tournament would wind down until there's only one standing or until so many rounds have passed. Players are eliminated by either running out of points or running out of kaiju. There would be now swapping or ditching kaiju that you dislike.
I hope the teams are balanced.
There are no "teams" in the sense of the usual tournaments here.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

MM, can you give an estimate of when the tourney will launch?
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

How's it coming along?

Added in 13 hours 56 minutes 49 seconds:
The Ultimate Kaiju Blazing Tournament is officially over!
Resized Image

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Coobzilla03 wrote:

How's it coming along?

It's coming along. I'll probably start posting the roster in the coming week or so after I get the full green light to begin.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

MM Raids Again wrote:
Coobzilla03 wrote:

How's it coming along?

It's coming along. I'll probably start posting the roster in the coming week or so after I get the full green light to begin.
Sounds good to me. Excited to see the roster!
Resized Image

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Just got the green light. I'll be starting to post the details in its own thread!

Quote of the Year:

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

Another MM Tournie? Sign me the fuck up
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

MM Raids Again wrote:Just got the green light. I'll be starting to post the details in its own thread!
Sign me up.

Added in 13 hours 36 minutes 32 seconds:
Lemme guess, King of Showa is a tourney consisting of all Showa kaiju?

AAO seemed interesting. Too bad it never got started.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Betting has ended. Matches will be posted in throughout the rest of tonight and into tomorrow. Round 1 will last until next Saturday!

Kaijunator – 500 Points
300 on Godzilla 70s vs. Sanda (on Godzilla ‘70s)
200 on Guiron vs. Gigan and Megalon (on Gigan and Megalon)

gzillafan17 - 500 Points
200 on Ultraman vs. Godzilla ‘60s & Rodan (on Godzilla ‘60s & Rodan)
200 on Sanda vs. Godzilla ‘70s (on Godzilla ‘70s)
100 on Zigra vs. Ultraseven (Ultraseven)

GodzillavsRayquaza - 500 Points
300 on Guiron vs. Gigan and Megalon (on Gigan and Megalon)
150 on Gyaos vs. King Caesar (on King Caesar)

Coobzilla03 - 500 Points
300 on Godzilla 70s vs. Sanda (on Godzilla ‘70s)
200 on Ultraman vs. Godzilla ‘60s and Rodan (on Godzilla ‘60s and Rodan)

Birdman - 500 Points
200 on Titanosaurus vs. King Joe (on King Joe)
100 on Gorosaurus vs. Red King (on Gorosaurus)

MuchWowSuchGodzilla - 500 Points
100 on Ultraman vs. Godzilla ‘60s and Rodan (on Godzilla ‘60s and Rodan)
100 on Gamera vs. Kumonga (on Gamera)
100 on MechaGodzilla ‘75 vs. Antlar (on MechaGodzilla ‘75)

PopInPicsPresents - 500 Points
300 on MechaGodzilla 75 vs. Antlar (on Antlar)
200 on Gyaos vs. King Caesar (on King Caesar)

SpaceG92 – 500 Points
- No Bets

Gman1954 - 500 Points
200 on Ultraman vs. Godzilla ‘60s and Rodan (on Godzilla ‘60s and Rodan)

Giratina93 - 500 Points
300 on King Ghidorah vs. Jiger (on King Ghidorah)
100 on Gorosaurus vs. Red King (on Gorosaurus)

Kiryu2012 - 500 Points
200 on Godzilla 70s vs. Sanda (on Godzilla ‘70s)
100 on Ultraman vs. Godzilla ‘60s and Rodan (on Godzilla ‘60s and Rodan)

GodEmperorGabara - 500 Points
200 on Guiron vs. Gigan and Megalon (on Gigan and Megalon)
100 on Zetton vs. Viras (on Zetton)

DinoMaster - 500 Points
- No Bets

toho_guy01 - 500 Points
- No Bets

Breakdown - 500 Points
300 on Gyaos vs. King Caesar (on King Caesar)
100 on Sanda vs. Godzilla ‘70s (on Godzilla ‘70s)

Inferno Rodan - 500 Points
300 on Sanda vs. Godzilla ‘70s (on Godzilla ‘70s)
200 on King Ghidorah vs. Jiger (on King Ghidorah)

Tomzilla - 500 Points
150 on Ultraman vs. Godzilla ‘60s and Rodan (on Godzilla ‘60s and Rodan)
150 on Zetton vs. Viras (on Zetton)
100 on Gomora vs. Barugon (on Barugon)
100 on Sanda vs. Godzilla ‘70s (on Godzilla ‘70s)

Zarm - 500 Points
100 on Kumonga vs. Gamera (on Gamera)
100 on King Kong vs. Jet Jaguar (on Jet Jaguar)
100 on Gyaos vs. King Caesar (on King Caesar)

Quote of the Year:

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

MM Raids Again wrote:Betting has ended. Matches will be posted in throughout the rest of tonight and into tomorrow. Round 1 will last until next Saturday!
Zarm - 500 Points
If it's not too much trouble, my post was edited later that same day to include additional wagers, at the top of the last page?
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Zarm wrote:
MM Raids Again wrote:Betting has ended. Matches will be posted in throughout the rest of tonight and into tomorrow. Round 1 will last until next Saturday!
Zarm - 500 Points
If it's not too much trouble, my post was edited later that same day to include additional wagers, at the top of the last page?
... God damn it. Yeah, I'll fix that now, but PLEASE don't do that.

Quote of the Year:

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

So-noted. Sorry!
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

Might do my tourny after MM's is done.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

Kiryu2012 wrote:Might do my tourny after MM's is done.
What will it be about?
Resized Image

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

Coobzilla03 wrote:
What will it be about?
Currently, I'm planning on having all participants start off with only one fighter each, and gain a new fighter with every win they get. My plan is to include various kaiju, as well as characters from Aliens/Predator, Jurassic Park, etc. All fighters would also be scaled down to around the human size range.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

gigan72 wrote:
Holy shit man.
My DA

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

Kiryu2012 wrote:
Coobzilla03 wrote:
What will it be about?
Currently, I'm planning on having all participants start off with only one fighter each, and gain a new fighter with every win they get. My plan is to include various kaiju, as well as characters from Aliens/Predator, Jurassic Park, etc. All fighters would also be scaled down to around the human size range.
Sounds cool. :)
Resized Image

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

If there's no objections (and mods approve at the time), I'd love to claim the slot after Kiryu2012. :)

Maranatha!

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

Looks like you *might* be able to start up your tournament, Kiryu. And I'd like the slot for tournament-making after Zarm.
Resized Image

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

Coobzilla03 wrote:Looks like you *might* be able to start up your tournament, Kiryu. And I'd like the slot for tournament-making after Zarm.
Eh, I'm gonna wait until all this April Fools BS goes away before starting my tourny.

gigan72 wrote:
Holy shit man.
My DA