Kong: Skull Island (2017) (NO UNOFFICIAL PHOTOS)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505

Are you excited?

Yes!
86%
Meh
11%
No thank you
3%

Total votes: 316

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Re: Kong: Skull Island (2017) (NO UNOFFICIAL PHOTOS)

Post by Ivo-goji »

In Son of Kong and the Peter Jackson Kong verse Skull Island is sinking into the ocean. Think this will be a plot point in KSI?
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

Cosbydaf
JXSDF Technician

Post by Cosbydaf »

I hope not, I hated that concept. I don't see any story benefit to destroying Skull Island like that.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

Man, that trailer was pretty awesome. I'm excited. Not as excited as I was for "Godzilla", but that's because I never really cared for Kong, unless he had something to do with Godzilla (which this one obviously does). Looks cool though, I'm glad they're bringing in other monsters, and not just doing the usual giant T-Rex routine. Can't wait to see them bring these franchises together, when Godzilla gets to stomp Kong to the curb.

Note: I'm just saying that because I'm excited. We know it'll end with a stalemate, where this bigger, badder, villain (maybe King Ghidorah) shows up, and they have to fight him or something. But I'd really like to see Godzilla put a whoopin on Kong first.

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

The world being setup by Legendary feels a lot like the Godzilla animated series, large species all over the globe.

I wonder if we may get a hint of Godzilla like a shot of his fins or silhouette through the water near skull island, like he's there seeing what's going on, but doesn't perceive anything there a threat at the time. I know the Pacific is huge, but seems like Skull Island could be in close enough proximity to Japan for him to sense.

What's interesting to consider also, is that Kong will have aged about 40 years by the time he faces Godzilla.

TheSecondComing
Futurian

Post by TheSecondComing »

Four days and 23 pages ago, I wrote:#610. Some folks need to get a grip.

grip Scott Lisetor (Godzilla, POTC: On Stranger Tides, The Hunger Games) http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2550463/

#622. If you asked me then if Legendaryverse and Shin would intersect, I would've found it doubtful. But here we are.

musician: double bass Steve Mair (Shin Godzilla, Lord of the Rings trilogy, Captain America trilogy) http://www.imdb.com/name/nm5839471/

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Ivo-goji wrote:In Son of Kong and the Peter Jackson Kong verse Skull Island is sinking into the ocean. Think this will be a plot point in KSI?
Nope, I see it being turned into Monster Island because this version has natives that can be reasoned with.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Regarding that updated thermal map, i see it as the Skullcrawlers underground cave things are increasing in heat (judging by the caves looking lava like or something). Its a stupid theory buts its all i can think of.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

Ivo-goji wrote:In Son of Kong and the Peter Jackson Kong verse Skull Island is sinking into the ocean. Think this will be a plot point in KSI?
!!

You know what, I was thinking about this today. I don't think there's going to be a monster island, so I believe Skull Island WILL sink. Maybe not in this film, but maybe Kong thinks it's Godzillas fault for the island sinking, and that's why he and Godzilla Duke it out.

I keep thinking WHY would Godzilla and Kong battle.... It's gotta be because of something territorial.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

The soldiers are dropping bombs on the island to map its geological features... this upsets Kong... the skullcrawlers live underground... the viral marketing so far has revolved around maps of the island.

Everything seems to point towards something going on -within- the island. The only thing I can think of is that it's sinking or so unstable it might sink if something big hits it. And somehow Kong knows this.

Jackson's character is supposed to bring back proof that monsters exist in the 1970s. Godzilla 2014 depicts a world where monsters are unknown to the general public before the MUTOs appeared. Something is going to happen to Skull Island that will make it still-uncharted forty years later.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

I hope the island doesn't sink in the end. I do feel it being turned into Monster Island for monsters to be put into has great potential.

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

Ivo-goji wrote:The soldiers are dropping bombs on the island to map its geological features... this upsets Kong... the skullcrawlers live underground... the viral marketing so far has revolved around maps of the island.

Everything seems to point towards something going on -within- the island. The only thing I can think of is that it's sinking or so unstable it might sink if something big hits it. And somehow Kong knows this.

Jackson's character is supposed to bring back proof that monsters exist in the 1970s. Godzilla 2014 depicts a world where monsters are unknown to the general public before the MUTOs appeared. Something is going to happen to Skull Island that will make it still-uncharted forty years later.
Well remember monarch is set up to keep these monsters under wraps so...
Resized Image

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

Yes, I think something bad happens to where nobody but Monarch knows of Kongs existence.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Cookson wrote:Yes, I think something bad happens to where nobody but Monarch knows of Kongs existence.
Well they see Kong pissin in the ocean and find out why it's so salty.

Added in 2 minutes 17 seconds:
Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:I think the "is that a monkey" guy must be high in that scene. Just something about his general delivery and the prolific use of weed in modern Vietnam era films.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

Free Gif.

Godzilla

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

g2vd wrote:Free Gif.

Love the colors and overall atmosphere of that scene!
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

SirSSJacob
Samurai

Post by SirSSJacob »

Anyone else want a reboot of Son of Kong in this CU? I kinda do... that be sweet! Lil'Kong all upgraded(still Albino) in these Shreeonking awesome Graphics ^_^ On a side note... Lil'Kong vs Godzilla Jr. anyone?

Oh yea, I don't want Skull Island to sink either. Not for the reason that I want it to become Monster Island(pretty interesting idea tho) I like Skull Island being it's own thing, and since you know King Kong Rules that island and he is one of the 2 key players holding this universe together .... you see where I'm going :/ Plus I want more Kong sequels in the future., but with no skull island most likely no movies.... sad face :( so that's where I stand with that.

I want as many Movies in this Universe as possible, ALL OF THEM

Cosbydaf
JXSDF Technician

Post by Cosbydaf »

This movie's cinematography looks wonderful. I love that shot of Kong crossing the lake, he looks badass even when he's not really doing anything.

SirSSJacob
Samurai

Post by SirSSJacob »

Cosbydaf wrote:This movie's cinematography looks wonderful. I love that shot of Kong crossing the lake, he looks badass even when he's not really doing anything.
That had to have been my favorite part of the Trailer honestly ^_^ Not only the graphics but just showing a bit of his personality too, and his bored loneliness :(

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

SirSSJacob wrote:Anyone else want a reboot of Son of Kong in this CU? I kinda do... that be sweet! Lil'Kong all upgraded(still Albino) in these Shreeonking awesome Graphics ^_^ On a side note... Lil'Kong vs Godzilla Jr. anyone?
I recall some people theorizing that there are actually two King Kong's in the film. One older, one younger. Some could even say the older King Kong dies (The one in the trailer) and the younger one ends up being the King Kong we see in Godzilla vs. King Kong.

But yes I'd like to see something like that. It'd have potential I admit.
Cosbydaf wrote:This movie's cinematography looks wonderful. I love that shot of Kong crossing the lake, he looks badass even when he's not really doing anything.
Have to say that was a nice touch to add there. Nice to see them do a part with King Kong doing something rather then fight or attack.

Speaking of which, the way he walked and looked. He seemed like a Bigfoot/Sasquatch especially with the way he had his back turned and not showing his full face, gotta admit that seemed pretty cool as well.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Ivo-goji wrote:The soldiers are dropping bombs on the island to map its geological features... this upsets Kong... the skullcrawlers live underground... the viral marketing so far has revolved around maps of the island.

I don't think the Island is gonna sink, Kong's just pissed off cause the bombs cause the Skullcrawlers to come up.
GodzillaFan1990's wrote:I hope the island doesn't sink in the end. I do feel it being turned into Monster Island for monsters to be put into has great potential.
It's the prefect place to make such a facility. There's already several monsters there and many of the abnormally large fauna on the island and maybe in the water would be plenty of food to keep the kaiju alive, and the super cells make it damn near impossible for humans to get near the island. They've be safe from us and us from them. It's the one place the kaiju can live without harming anyone.