Godzilla King of the Monsters Speculation Thread [NO SPOILERS]

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
beardRage
Monarch Researcher

Re: The Godzilla 2 Speculation Thread

Post by beardRage »

I'd be interested in Mica Levi doing some composing for the film. I've never seen the movie, but I have listened to the soundtrack for Under The Skin, and I like it. This one track in particular always gives me a creepy Mothra/Battra vibe. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BUtBixjhrAU skip to about 48 seconds in if you want to save some time, it's only 2:14 total. Imagine an egg in a cave about to hatch, or Mothra slowly flying through the night.
Jomei wrote: When we say Godzilla is "porky," are we talking Heisei levels of fatassery or more like GMK?
Chris55 wrote: BUT WHAT IF BRYAN CRANSTON FARTS DURNG AN INTERVIEW? NO ONE WILL WANT TO SEE THE MOVIE AND THEN THEY'LL ALL GO SEE SPIDERMAN!
Gawdziller wrote:Godzilla is this year's Hobbit 2...except for Hobbit 3...and except that it doesn't suck.

GR8GODZILLAGOD
Gotengo Officer

Post by GR8GODZILLAGOD »

beardRage wrote:I'd be interested in Mica Levi doing some composing for the film. I've never seen the movie, but I have listened to the soundtrack for Under The Skin, and I like it. This one track in particular always gives me a creepy Mothra/Battra vibe. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BUtBixjhrAU skip to about 48 seconds in if you want to save some time, it's only 2:14 total. Imagine an egg in a cave about to hatch, or Mothra slowly flying through the night.
Jesus, that track got terrifying out of nowhere.
Living Corpse wrote:Stop feeding the Mutos nukes!

beardRage
Monarch Researcher

Post by beardRage »

GR8GODZILLAGOD wrote: Jesus, that track got terrifying out of nowhere.
Exactly. Imagine something like that for King Ghidorah moving through space towards earth.
Jomei wrote: When we say Godzilla is "porky," are we talking Heisei levels of fatassery or more like GMK?
Chris55 wrote: BUT WHAT IF BRYAN CRANSTON FARTS DURNG AN INTERVIEW? NO ONE WILL WANT TO SEE THE MOVIE AND THEN THEY'LL ALL GO SEE SPIDERMAN!
Gawdziller wrote:Godzilla is this year's Hobbit 2...except for Hobbit 3...and except that it doesn't suck.

three
Keizer

Post by three »

beardRage wrote:
GR8GODZILLAGOD wrote: Jesus, that track got terrifying out of nowhere.
Exactly. Imagine something like that for King Ghidorah moving through space towards earth.

Hard to imagine a space flight sequence.
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®
axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - bitch in space.

beardRage
Monarch Researcher

Post by beardRage »

Not necessarily space flight, but an ominous meteor, a chunk of destroyed planet containing him.

three
Keizer

Post by three »

beardRage wrote:Not necessarily space flight, but an ominous meteor, a chunk of destroyed planet containing him.

I dunno. That sounds out of place. I don't think they'd show anything inbound or coming through space; if anything, they'd show it entering the atmosphere, but I do not think it would be presented as powerfully evil or anything. Maybe a bit ominous.
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Godzilla628 wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:One aspect of the plot of which I think will be interesting is if Monarch gets into big trouble from the U.S. gov't for not handling the creatures properly and is forcibly disbanded, only to be replaced with a new group. This new group soon turns out to be much more ruthless, sinister and corrupt.

How's that for an idea regarding human antagonists?
I would actually really like to see that. That would be pretty interesting to see in my opinion.
Thanks for your support then! ;) As for a name for this particular faction, I'd say something like "TYPHOON" For an evil thing they could do, maybe they abduct Mothra's egg to sell it for funds.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

I suspect it's going to be an American version of Ghidrah the Three Headed Monster.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

beardRage
Monarch Researcher

Post by beardRage »

How do you think the movie will address the aftermath of the first film? Specifically what do you think will be done with the MUTO remains? I think it could lead to the creation of a cyborg, possibly mankind's own Gigan. Do they have the rights to 5 kaiju or Godzilla plus 5 kaiju? If it's the latter, possibly Gigan and Mechagodzilla? Honestly I'm more concerned with how this film handles the first and how it can/will set up the third. Well, that and if there will be another failed cameo.

Karmataurus
Monarch Researcher

Post by Karmataurus »

beardRage wrote:How do you think the movie will address the aftermath of the first film? Specifically what do you think will be done with the MUTO remains? I think it could lead to the creation of a cyborg, possibly mankind's own Gigan. Do they have the rights to 5 kaiju or Godzilla plus 5 kaiju? If it's the latter, possibly Gigan and Mechagodzilla? Honestly I'm more concerned with how this film handles the first and how it can/will set up the third. Well, that and if there will be another failed cameo.
They have 5 toho rights in all, Godzilla included. Since we already also know Rodan, Ghidorah, and Mothra, it makes sense to round out the big 5 with MG, even if it's a bit weird.

Thing that a lot of people forget is that those three are all in the second film, so it's not spread out meaning the last monster is probably the big bad in 3. Also remember Legendary said in a Q&A that the film did well enough to purchase more rights if they need/want any.

beardRage
Monarch Researcher

Post by beardRage »

Karmataurus wrote:
beardRage wrote:How do you think the movie will address the aftermath of the first film? Specifically what do you think will be done with the MUTO remains? I think it could lead to the creation of a cyborg, possibly mankind's own Gigan. Do they have the rights to 5 kaiju or Godzilla plus 5 kaiju? If it's the latter, possibly Gigan and Mechagodzilla? Honestly I'm more concerned with how this film handles the first and how it can/will set up the third. Well, that and if there will be another failed cameo.
They have 5 toho rights in all, Godzilla included. Since we already also know Rodan, Ghidorah, and Mothra, it makes sense to round out the big 5 with MG, even if it's a bit weird.

Thing that a lot of people forget is that those three are all in the second film, so it's not spread out meaning the last monster is probably the big bad in 3. Also remember Legendary said in a Q&A that the film did well enough to purchase more rights if they need/want any.
Exactly. Only way to top King Ghidorah would be to have Mechagodzilla, Biolante, or Destroyer. Considering it's Mothra, Rodan and King Ghidorah for this it would have to be pretty over the top. Maybe research on the MUTO remains leads to an accident that creates Biolante? I could see them getting more rights to possibly do Biolante and Mechagodzilla. I feel this movie will see very different opinions and approaches concerning kaiju, possibly leading to the oxygen destroyer. This film could set the stage for a 54 type conclusion for the 3rd film. This is going to be crazy, the movie is years away and I can't stop speculating for the third one.

TheSecondComing
Futurian

Post by TheSecondComing »

I thought the SDCC announcement was that Legendary had the rights for Ghidorah, Mothra and Rodan and not that they were all specifically going to be in Godzilla 2.

Ryguy
EDF Instructor

Post by Ryguy »

Why the hell does everyone want all of those 3 monsters? Two of which are too damn unknown outside of the Godzilla fanbase while one is just too damn unrealistic and campy for this movie series (the humans building a giant, bulky, Godzilla-shaped robot that is clearly too impractical for use, really?) The only logical fifth monster is Anguirus
"And now you will walk to him, and you will battle him to the death. Green and Brown. Fight night. The greatest gladiator match in the history of the world: reptile versus primate; day versus night; King of Monsters versus Kong of Skull Island!"

three
Keizer

Post by three »

TheSecondComing wrote:I thought the SDCC announcement was that Legendary had the rights for Ghidorah, Mothra and Rodan and not that they were all specifically going to be in Godzilla 2.
All three will appear, just not in movie two, yea. I can't really understand how this is still a matter of debate and discussion.

beardRage
Monarch Researcher

Post by beardRage »

Ryguy wrote:Why the hell does everyone want all of those 3 monsters? Two of which are too damn unknown outside of the Godzilla fanbase while one is just too damn unrealistic and campy for this movie series (the humans building a giant, bulky, Godzilla-shaped robot that is clearly too impractical for use, really?) The only logical fifth monster is Anguirus
I don't want all 3 in one film, IIRC they didn't say they would all be in it. I'm assuming all 3 are present because Edwards has said he'd like to do a DAM type film. Only logical fifth monster is Anguirus? How did you arrive at that conclusion? It could easily be Gigan with alternate (MUTO) origins or Hedorah.

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

I really hope Angurius gets in the series at some point.
Godzilla

steven
Monarch Researcher

Post by steven »

ONE THING NEEDS TO HAPPEN...brodys family needs to get crushed by godzillas foot in the beginning of the movie

steven
Monarch Researcher

Post by steven »

Godzilla The King wrote:That sounds like something from G98, that is the worst thing any Godzilla film can do when trying to appeal to American audiences.
what im just hoping godzilla destroys them so they wont steal his screentime

three
Keizer

Post by three »

steven wrote:
Godzilla The King wrote:That sounds like something from G98, that is the worst thing any Godzilla film can do when trying to appeal to American audiences.
what im just hoping godzilla destroys them so they wont steal his screentime

But this isn't funny though, even when you elaborate it within the context of extending the joke...

Either way. The brody family isn't/wasn't an issue. I don't care if they return.

GR8GODZILLAGOD
Gotengo Officer

Post by GR8GODZILLAGOD »

Godzilla The King wrote:I say this, start up with how Godzilla affected the world in a montage showing what happened to the world afterwards. Wars, government changes, new countries forming. Countries work together to make weaponry to fight monsters.
That shouldn't be JUST a montage. That's some serious storytelling stuff right there that could be really good for G2
Living Corpse wrote:Stop feeding the Mutos nukes!