What if they incorporated the Cthulhu Mythos into the Monsterverse?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
miguelnuva
Justiriser

Re: What if they incorporated the Cthulhu Mythos into the Monsterverse?

Post by miguelnuva »

TheRealSpinoRex wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:55 pm
Vakanai wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:48 pm
miguelnuva wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:20 pm Kaiju need Godzilla in order to make it to the isle of relevancy. That's why a lot of people say Monsterverse.
Except Pacific Rim, Rampage, and The Meg all kind of prove that's not true though? I mean, those all did profit - Pac Rim got a sequel (not so good) and an anime, and The Meg is getting a sequel. Don't know how you get more relevant than profits and sequels and cartoons. They're already relevant without Godzilla.

Added in 1 minute 13 seconds:
Heck, Lovecraft's stuff is relevant - Underwater, Lovecraft Country, more games than I can count these days...
Cloverfield is gonna have 4 movies soon. No Godzilla in sight.
Cloverfield was given 2 of those movies and only one was about the monster.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

TheRealSpinoRex wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:55 pm
Vakanai wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:48 pm
miguelnuva wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:20 pm Kaiju need Godzilla in order to make it to the isle of relevancy. That's why a lot of people say Monsterverse.
Except Pacific Rim, Rampage, and The Meg all kind of prove that's not true though? I mean, those all did profit - Pac Rim got a sequel (not so good) and an anime, and The Meg is getting a sequel. Don't know how you get more relevant than profits and sequels and cartoons. They're already relevant without Godzilla.

Added in 1 minute 13 seconds:
Heck, Lovecraft's stuff is relevant - Underwater, Lovecraft Country, more games than I can count these days...
Cloverfield is gonna have 4 movies soon. No Godzilla in sight.
Eh, I don't count the last two movies - they're not really kaiju films like the first one was. But the 4th one is supposed to be a return to the genre, so here's hoping.
The first one though definitely did great.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

H-Man
G-Grasper

Post by H-Man »

Personally, I would enjoy a Monsterverse take on Infinity War in which Cthulhu was the Thanos equivalent.