The MonsterVerse is continuing according to Max Borenstein

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
gottatalktothefake
Futurian

The MonsterVerse is continuing according to Max Borenstein

Post by gottatalktothefake »

GojiSquid wrote: ↑Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

_JNavs_
Keizer

Re: The MonsterVerse is continuing according to Max Borenstein

Post by _JNavs_ »

I like how he says "installments", which could mean spinoffs, sequels, both, etc.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

That is great news for The Monsterverse but I do question on what direction should they go and what movies are they going to make? Rodan or Mothra Solo movie, war of the gargantuan, destroy all monsters?

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Interesting πŸ€”

Here's hoping there's something in the pipeline and not like, him just talking because he can't legally sat what Legendary can and can't do

RIP Evan.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

TBH i didn't think Borenstein was even still working with the MV after G14 lol

Still, gonna be interesting to see where this goes.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Wasn't Son of Kong already semi-confirmed? Weren't we also already getting some Netflix show or something with Kong?

In any case, we have Adam Wingard and Max Borenstien speaking how they want to continue the series. When people like state that, then we know it'll continue. This is good news.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: ↑Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations
Site Director | Media Relations

Post by Chris55 »

Gigantis wrote: ↑Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:50 pm TBH i didn't think Borenstein was even still working with the MV after G14 lol

Gonna be going on for a bit-Kong anime too.
Last edited by Chris55 on Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

BurningCoolMan
JXSDF Technician

Post by BurningCoolMan »

Gigantis wrote: ↑Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:50 pm TBH i didn't think Borenstein was even still working with the MV after G14 lol

borenstein has work on all of the monsterverse movies

Monke
Interpol Agent

Post by Monke »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: ↑Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:41 pm Wasn't Son of Kong already semi-confirmed? Weren't we also already getting some Netflix show or something with Kong?

In any case, we have Adam Wingard and Max Borenstien speaking how they want to continue the series. When people like state that, then we know it'll continue. This is good news.
Wingard probably won’t be able to direct another MV movie until after 2025 (due to directing Face off 2 and Thundercats). I’d hope there are more plans that could be made between now and then

Shadowfyre
Monarch Researcher

Post by Shadowfyre »

Hey guys. Been a couple months. What's new?

Handsome Shrek
G-Grasper

Post by Handsome Shrek »

Shadowfyre wrote: ↑Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:45 am Hey guys. Been a couple months. What's new?
This thing said by Max Borenstein is basically all we've gotten since GvK came out. Oh, and apparently Legendary is thinking of making a Son of Kong movie which most people don't give a rat's anus about
-Based AF

-Logically-minded free-thinker

-King of the Monsters is overhated

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

I'd say a grand majority are mostly hyped about a Son of Kong film. Kong has been equally loved as Godzilla in this franchise, they are the head honchos of the Monsterverse. Treading and paving the way for this universe.

A Son of Kong film makes the most sense for a continuation of this character. He overcame his islands devil, he fought the King of the Monsters twice, he bonded with humans, and he found the Hollow Earth. It's time for him to father a child to truly become a legend in the Monsterverse.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Shadowfyre
Monarch Researcher

Post by Shadowfyre »

I will always be somewhat excited for a Goji/Kong movie. The animes have left me sad lol

Added in 1 minute 21 seconds:
Gigantism what is your gif of? Been looking at it for 3 minutes trying to figure it out

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Shadowfyre wrote: ↑Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:13 pm Gigantism what is your gif of? Been looking at it for 3 minutes trying to figure it out
Autocorrect betrayed you i see. :lol: But seriously, it's from Gamera 3.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

I for one, do not give a "rat's anus" about a new Son of Kong based on the concept alone.
I am open to being won over by a trailer of course.
But frankly neither the idea of a new Wingard Monsterverse movie, or a movie about Kong's son gets my jowls quivering.
Last edited by Major sssspielberg! on Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: ↑Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Kong is getting a sequel film, the animated show and Godzilla is getting a sequel to Dominion and potentially an animated series as well so we have anywhere from two more confirmed Kong events and two potential Godzilla events.

Godzilla will be doing something in 2024 as well rather it be MV or Toho.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Gojira95
Monsterland Worker

Post by Gojira95 »

miguelnuva wrote: ↑Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:06 pm Kong is getting a sequel film, the animated show and Godzilla is getting a sequel to Dominion and potentially an animated series as well so we have anywhere from two more confirmed Kong events and two potential Godzilla events.

What's this about a Godzilla animated series? I couldn't find any rumors about it. Would love to have a more traditional Godzilla series after being disappointed with SP.
Last edited by Gojira95 on Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Gojira95 wrote: ↑Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:27 am
miguelnuva wrote: ↑Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:06 pm Kong is getting a sequel film, the animated show and Godzilla is getting a sequel to Dominion and potentially an animated series as well so we have anywhere from two more confirmed Kong events and two potential Godzilla events.

What's this about a Godzilla animated series? I couldn't find any rumors about it. Would love to have a more traditional Godzilla series after being disappointed with SP.
A mutal friend leaked me so stuff during Godzilla vs Kong and said an animated Godzilla series was in the works for Netflix but they didn't want to announce it until after Singulair Point finished, so we may get a MV Godzilla animated series.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

G-MAN
Interpol Agent

Post by G-MAN »

miguelnuva wrote: ↑Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:18 am

A mutal friend leaked me so stuff during Godzilla vs Kong and said an animated Godzilla series was in the works for Netflix but they didn't want to announce it until after Singulair Point finished, so we may get a MV Godzilla animated series.
Sorry gonna have to say this sounds really fake. Don't know the future of the franchise at legendary personally. Not to mention would be pretty risky of you to spill the beans on your friend like this in a forum and have his job be at risk. But yeah I dont believe this for a second and I hope people don't start getting their hopes up over this
Last edited by G-MAN on Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

G-MAN wrote: ↑Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:13 pm
miguelnuva wrote: ↑Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:18 am

A mutal friend leaked me so stuff during Godzilla vs Kong and said an animated Godzilla series was in the works for Netflix but they didn't want to announce it until after Singular Point finished, so we may get a MV Godzilla animated series.
Sorry gonna have to say this sounds really fake. Don't know the future of the franchise at legendary personally. Not to mention would be pretty risky of you to spill the beans on your friend like this in a forum and have his job be at risk. But yeah I dont believe this for a second and I hope people don't start getting their hopes up over this
You don't have to believe it as its not confirming anything I'm just passing on what I was told. As for the job its not at risk as all these are tiny tidbits learned in passing. If it was something that couldn't be said I wouldn't post it here or I wouldn't even know.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image