Favorite Original Monsterverse Monster

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505

What’s your favorite original Monsterverse Monster

Poll ended at Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:25 am

Leafwings
No votes
Spore Mantis
No votes
Sker Buffalo
No votes
Mire Squid
No votes
Skullcrawlers
16%
MUTOS
44%
Behemoth
28%
Scylla
4%
Methuselah
No votes
MUTO Queen
No votes
WarBat
4%
Hellhawk
No votes
Others
4%

Total votes: 25

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Favorite Original Monsterverse Monster

Post by Thatguy4683 »

There’s been many great original monsters in this universe so I did the topic on this to see what’s you’re favorite

Lesko
GPN Volunteer

Re: Favorite Original Monsterverse Monster

Post by Lesko »

I am surprised this hasn't been asked already and I almost was going to make a similar thread. Anyway this is a tough question of course because there are so many great choices. I am gonna say either Scylla or Methuselah. Scylla because I love Ancient Greece and it's mythology. Aside from the real like mythological inspirations I also like how it was rendered in movies. I was very sad to see Scylla be the kaiju that had to die in the expanded universe. As for Methuselah not only is that name's Biblical origins are interesting but so is the creature itself. A creature even larger than Godzilla and adapted to fit in the German mountains. Very unique and savage looking creature. Hopefully a prequel MV movie is released some time in the future to expand upon kaiju like this.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

The MUTOs, with Tiamat and Scylla being close runner-ups.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

I ADORE the M U T Os. They're one of my favorite kaiju in the series.

However....I'm voting Skullcrawler. Their design is fantastic and they literally feel like a classic Kong character despite only being 4 years old. Great stuff.

Really, I love all of them. These movies have great creature design, licensed and original.

RIP Evan.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Skullcrawlers are a very close second, but my vote had to go to the MUTOs. They’re both the reason I very much want the MV to try and focus more on giving us original monsters for our heroes to fight from here on, because while MV Ghidorah, Rodan, Mothra, and Mechagodzilla were fucking awesome, we’ve got plenty of other awesome versions of them as well. The MV has proven it’s got what it takes to make original kaiju that stand out from the crowd.
Last edited by GodzillavsRayquaza on Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Behemoth is neat. As is Scylla. I really enjoyed the Warbats too. Hope to see them all come back sometime!
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Voted the MUTOs. They’re original.
For Emperor and Empire!

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

Shinomura & MUTO Prime

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

The MUTOs by far. They're some of the most amazing and unique Kaiju in the roster.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image