The Meg & Rampage - Rope Into the MonsterVerse DAM style?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Re: The Meg & Rampage - Rope Into the MonsterVerse DAM style?

Post by Anguirus »

I wouldn't be opposed to The Meg being roped into the Monsterverse, I love that film and I can't wait for the sequel! Makes more sense than Rampage being in the Monsterverse.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Rampage not really needed, The Meg could work if the Shark mutated.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

NSZ wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:08 pm I think some people are overlooking just how unsurprised, and almost giddy, Agent Harvey Russell (whose agency was left unspecified, btw) was about the giant killer gorilla and the giant wolf.

In fact, wasn't his introductory line along the lines of, "I'm the guy they call in when science shits the bed" or something like that?
Agent Russel ,and the agency he works for that's too important for you to know. And his line , "I'm the guy they call in when science shits the bed." reminded of the Joe Ledger series of novels from author Jonathan Maberry featuring the Department of Military Sciences(DMS) whose mission statement seems to line up with Harvey Russel's agency. Hell's bells, I always thought of Jeffery Dean Morgan as being perfect for the role of Joe Ledger.(http://www.jonathonmaberry.com/books.cfm) Although it seemed like maybe his group was under the umbrella of Homeland Security when we first saw them bag George. But seeing MONARCH was connected to all branches of the military, and no doubt also had ties to the Department of Homeland Security. Agent Russel's almost not surprised reaction to George and Ralph's existence could be this isn't his first encounter with genetically engineered monstrosities considering his dealing with perversions of science. But not too far out there to think he could've worked with MONARCH before. Considering KOTM's Jonah was into dealing in genetic material he retrieved from Titans to fund his own efforts ,and plans. Maybe Russel could've worked with the group in order to stop the trading Titan genetics, or experimenting with them.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

NO! Dear lord what is it with some fans and the need to shove literally every kaiju and giant monster franchise into the MonsterVerse? Pacific Rim, Gamera, Ultraman, The Meg, Rampage in some MonsterVerse Multiverse mash up. I like Destroy All Monsters too, but not everything needs to be roped together just to satisfy the desire to see all the toys smash each other.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

This thread made me want to go a play the ps5 version of Maneater. The mutations in that game could make the Mega work in the monstererse if it got full crazy.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Seems like it would be a soulless cash grab. I have absolutely no desire to see either of these films. I don’t want Godzilla being turned into just another run of the mill blockbuster series.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

shadowgigan wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:09 pm Seems like it would be a soulless cash grab. I have absolutely no desire to see either of these films. I don’t want Godzilla being turned into just another run of the mill blockbuster series.
Arguably, whether you like the films or not, the MV has become just such a run of the mill blockbuster series, just one that happens to star Godzilla and Kong in it.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

Jeff-Goldblum2
G-Force Personnel

Post by Jeff-Goldblum2 »

The Meg in the film is 75 feet long compared to the maximum estimate of a Megalodon being 60 feet.

Whilst Godzilla is 350 feet tall.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Jeff-Goldblum2 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:37 pm The Meg in the film is 75 feet long compared to the maximum estimate of a Megalodon being 60 feet.

Whilst Godzilla is 350 feet tall.
It's a different universe but between a stroy like maneater and the Megashark series and how crazy the Meg novels are they could have a Mega reach 150ft long.

Also Godzilla is 393 feet, he's grown.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

TheRealSpinoRex
GPN Volunteer

Post by TheRealSpinoRex »

I was initially against this ideam but as I read the thread I became like "Yeah, why not?"

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

As silly as Godzilla vs Kong got I don't think the MonsterVerse needs Jason Statham and the Rock.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

I’m suprised I haven’t posted here yet. For my opinion, HECK YEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHH… for Rampage, at least. Not too sure about The Meg, though.

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

Rampage? Yeah. Wouldn't mind that at all.

The Meg? No.
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61: