How would Destoroyah work in the Monsterverse?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

How would Destoroyah work in the Monsterverse?

Post by Thatguy4683 »

I mean Destoroyah have been spectated to be the Endgame Villain ever since that the Monsterverse was announced to be a Cinematic Universe. Let’s slow down and really think how would Destoroyah can be implemented into the Monsterverse, KotM has set it up with the Oxygen Destroyer being in the Mix so we can start with that or your would like to go into a different Direction, let me know your thoughts on this

Gigantis
Sazer

Re: How would Destoroyah work in the Monsterverse?

Post by Gigantis »

The OD may have been established, but considering GVK didn't really even bother to mention it i feel like Destoroyah might be brought in in some different way. I could see him being worshipped by some evil Titan Cult as their equivalent of Satan or something, and they do some ritual to bring him back to life.. what? That's totally something the MonsterVerse would do at this point!

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Yeah, the setup is definitely there

Have it be another consequence of Ghidorah’s arrival. Have Godzilla and Ghidorah’s left over cells in the ocean be mutated by the oxygen destroyer and then merge with a species of deep sea, prehistoric, hollow earth crab.

It would be humanities actions, creating the oxygen destroyer and using it against Godzilla, coming back to haunt them

As Gigantis said, Destoroyah could be hailed as a “successor to Godzilla” or a an actual god upon his reawakening, and then wreak havoc when least expected
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Gigantis wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 8:25 am The OD may have been established, but considering GVK didn't really even bother to mention it i feel like Destoroyah might be brought in in some different way. I could see him being worshipped by some evil Titan Cult as their equivalent of Satan or something
have my money, I into that crap

Added in 8 minutes 52 seconds:
Jermobooka wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 8:27 am Yeah, the setup is definitely there

Have it be another consequence of Ghidorah’s arrival. Have Godzilla and Ghidorah’s left over cells in the ocean be mutated by the oxygen destroyer and then merge with a species of deep sea, prehistoric, hollow earth crab.

It would be humanities actions, creating the oxygen destroyer and using it against Godzilla, coming back to haunt them

As Gigantis said, Destoroyah could be hailed as a “successor to Godzilla” or a an actual god upon his reawakening, and then wreak havoc when least expected
That could be a very good plot summary “successor to Godzilla” maybe the The Cult could see humanity and the other titan as inferior to Destoroyah and start killing people left and right, maybe they could have Access to Apex weaponry to fight of the Titans including Godzilla

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

I don’t see why not
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Post by Jetty_Jags »

Poorly. The OD's lack of proper build up, watered down intensity, and KOTM's reluctance to display/discuss any ecological, philosophical, or moral consequence outside of, "oh no Godzilla is kinda dead", would make for a really bland take on the character. That's not to say the character was even the best execution of its concept in the 95 film, but it would be even more diluted and bland in the current MV.
Last edited by Jetty_Jags on Mon May 31, 2021 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
He Jock it Made of Steel

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Jetty_Jags wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 2:39 pm Poorly. The OD's lack of proper build up, watered down intensity, and KOTM's reluctance to display/discuss any ecological, philosophical, or moral consequence outside of, "oh no Godzilla is kinda dead", would make for a really bland take on the character. That's not to say the character was even the best execution of its concept in the 95 film, but it would be even more diluted and bland in the current MV.
I agree. Destoroyah would also, for me atleast, be too hard to properly integrate with a lack of a meaningful use of the OD.
For Emperor and Empire!

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

Since people are saying here the Oxygen Destroyer was misused in KOTM (it was) then a future movie should explore it's consequences before the DAM movie featuring Destoroyah takes place (at least that's how I'd proceed with his return to film).
He should be like the threats of Ghidorah and Mechagodzilla combined, passively emitting micro oxygen(like Ghidorah's Stroms) that kills all life around him (imagine like in this one Superman Doomsday comic where DD walks through Africa making wildebeest extinct, do that with Destoroyah). And make the Destroyer as agile and strong as MechaG was, so it can be obvious what a killing machine the OD made. I think I'd be a treat to see him blow holes through and slice apart Titans like Amhuluk, Rodan, Methuselah, etc. Basically leaving just the most important ones like Godzilla, Kong, Mothra & Behemoth for a climactic battle. 🤨

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Gojira1604 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 3:29 pm Since people are saying here the Oxygen Destroyer was misused in KOTM (it was) then a future movie should explore it's consequences before the DAM movie featuring Destoroyah takes place (at least that's how I'd proceed with his return to film).
He should be like the threats of Ghidorah and Mechagodzilla combined, passively emitting micro oxygen(like Ghidorah's Stroms) that kills all life around him (imagine like in this one Superman Doomsday comic where DD walks through Africa making wildebeest extinct, do that with Destoroyah). And make the Destroyer as agile and strong as MechaG was, so it can be obvious what a killing machine the OD made. I think I'd be a treat to see him blow holes through and slice apart Titans like Amhuluk, Rodan, Methuselah, etc. Basically leaving just the most important ones like Godzilla, Kong, Mothra & Behemoth for a climactic battle. 🤨
Open the movie with a dead Titan the team investigating it's death then another and another.... Kong barely alive and the team stating there is a rogue Titan Killer unbalancing the very structure of life on Earth. Godzilla sensing the threat fights DessyMV only to loose while the other Titans and the army fight it off until Godzilla recovers, have Kong come back and the end results in an all monster brawl to kill MVDessy.

I can see that.

muto.knight
Ronin

Post by muto.knight »

For him to be realistic I think he should be of alien origin, he could be the one who caused the Cambrian explosion and went into a hybernating state?? in the ocean or something so we can wake him up

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

muto.knight wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:05 am For him to be realistic I think he should be of alien origin, he could be the one who caused the Cambrian explosion and went into a hybernating state?? in the ocean or something so we can wake him up
Em, the Cambrian explosion refers to the sudden appearance of complex multicellular life, not an extinction event. Unless you mean to imply that Destoroyah inadvertently created life on Earth as we know it?

That would go against his name. He's not Creatoroyah. :P :lol:
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

muto.knight
Ronin

Post by muto.knight »

Spuro wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:35 pm
muto.knight wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:05 am For him to be realistic I think he should be of alien origin, he could be the one who caused the Cambrian explosion and went into a hybernating state?? in the ocean or something so we can wake him up
Em, the Cambrian explosion refers to the sudden appearance of complex multicellular life, not an extinction event. Unless you mean to imply that Destoroyah inadvertently created life on Earth as we know it?

That would go against his name. He's not Creatoroyah. :P :lol:
Well yeah i'm thinking he came to earth and since he's so big, the Cambrian animals could be like lices and parasites that fell from his body bringing crustaceans that's why it's a sudden event and all of the crustaceans of today are descendant from him, God of the Crustaceans

I don't think he should appear anyway, King Ghidorah shouldn't have been disintegrated so he can come back for revenge as Mecha-King Ghidorah as the final boss of the MonsterVerse
Last edited by muto.knight on Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Destroyer would be the excuse to put as many Titans into one film and then wipe them out to a more manageable number. I see it as either the final boss of the set up to the Final Boss. The way I imaged it was Destroy All Titans was a two parter film. Part 1 was Destroyah killing as many titans as possible and PT2 was Keizer Ghidorah battling the survivors.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

If humanity develops freezing masers, then Destoroyah's not a problem :P

I personally don't think the MV needs any final bosses, just good stories that happen to have an interesting opponent in them. Which theoretically, could be Destoroyah one day. Perhaps deal with multiple countries possessing the Oxygen Destroyer...... but I honestly see Hedorah making an appearance first.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos