How likely is there to be a Monarch TV show

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

How likely is there to be a Monarch TV show

Post by Thatguy4683 »

We’ve been asking this question for a quite a while, so I made a thread about it
We can talk about how much of a possibility of it being a reality and what should be about. Could take place in the hollow earth, it could be discovering more titans on the surface or both. We can add lesser-known Kaiju like Gabara to Anguirus

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Re: How likely is there to be a Monarch TV show

Post by Jermobooka »

I’m betting that there will be another MV show other than Skull Island, so i think it’s likely. I still would prefer an animated Godzilla series to coincide with Kong’s, though
Last edited by Jermobooka on Wed May 26, 2021 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

I would love to see Gareth Edwards return and do a Monarch series set on Skull Island in the 80-90s to see his sense of scale employed in such a setting would be awesome!

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

dillonking55
G-Force Personnel

Post by dillonking55 »

Jermobooka wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 5:49 pm I’m betting that there will be another MV show other than Skull Island, so i think it’s likely. I still would prefer an animated Godzilla series to coincide with Kong’s, though
A few sources say an animated MonsterVerse Godzilla show IS on the way, just that it's gonna get announced at later date (around after SP finishes up)

Excelsior
GPN Volunteer

Post by Excelsior »

Shame that the world building they ended KotM with was neutered in GvK. I'd have loved to see a show about the ramifications of living in a world of Titans. Tarantino had a great pitch for a Godzilla movie with a similar subject.

They could still do it, by having the Titans wake up again, but it would feel like backtracking.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

These Titans are a bunch of lazy fucks. They woke up after thousands of years only to go back to sleep.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Calling it now that it's highly unlikely. And even more unlikely to feature Godzilla.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 5:54 pm Calling it now that it's highly unlikely. And even more unlikely to feature Godzilla.
Oh it's not gonna ever happen. I'm calling it too.

*Then wake up tomorrow morning with news of how Netflix signed up for the damn show*

I swear to God I will ......

kaijuguy19
Monarch Researcher

Post by kaijuguy19 »

I'd be surprised if there isn't with how Godzilla vs Kong really did a lot to spark interest in seeing the Monsterverse live on.
Why am I always chasing rainbows?

ElijahSky
Monarch Researcher

Post by ElijahSky »

Considering the whole idea of a Monarch show originated from an article by WeGotThisCovered.com, a website that makes up fake scoops for clicks, I'm surprised we're even still talking about this. The rumors of a Godzilla-centric MonsterVerse anime series have much more credibility than the Monarch show ever did, if anything make a thread for that.

Tohosaurus
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Tohosaurus »

Setting aside the likelihood (which, while hardly impossible, does not appear likely), I actually don't favor a live-action Monarch series. Monster shows can rapidly suffer burnout because them end up being formulaic monster-of-the-week content. And the budget isn't going to be there for giant monsters, so it'll mostly be a cryptid ("real" or original) series following cliches like the Loch Ness monster, etc. It'd be doomed to failure in 99% of scenarios.

Animation alleviates some of this, but again I have concerns about how good it'd probably end up being.
Last edited by Tohosaurus on Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
고질라

한국, 일본: 친교

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Ian Maclaren